Resort lobby "smells/scents"

gulliesmom

Mouseketeer
I have noticed on a few threads people commenting on the "smell" of a particular hotel lobby when they walk in. Curious what different resort lobbies smell like. We stayed at the Grand Floridian over Thanksgiving and it smelled like a mix between Fall spices and gingerbread in the lobby. I am guessing due to the time of year. Wondering what other resorts use in their lobbies.

I love the musty water smell because it reminds me of The Polynesian as a kid in the 80's. It had the watervall then and had a super musty/old water smell. I can remember sniffing in the air of old air conditioners on other vactions because it brought me back to my happy place... I still will say to my family at random occasions "Do you guys smell that? It smells like Disney!" Think water smell on Splash Mountain and Pirates... The Magic Candle Company sells candles that mimic the smells of Disney.

I love the Fort Wilderness smell! It's smoky/homey feeling-kind of like a cracker barrel. Port Orleans French Quarter kind of smelled like cheap perfume IMO-I wasn't a huge fan. Pop smelled a lot like the cucumber melon scent from Bath & Body Works. Can't wait to see how the Beach Club lobby smells soon! (Well, in the morning maybe...I've heard at night it smells like seafood from the restaurant)

Polynesian had a coconut-sun tan lotion type smell (at least to me). It was nice when we arrived, but throughout our stay I started to not like it, by the end of trip I was gagging on it. :p

Now the Beach Club, oooooh that smell. Divine. Fresh, crisp, airy, not sure how to describe it but it smells like heaven to me. We stayed at Poly instead of there last trip and we walked over from Epcot just to stop in because we missed Beach Club so much that stay. As soon as we walked in the lobby and got hit with that scent, I melted! Love it.

We are staying at Boardwalk next year, curious to see what their lobby smell is. If nothing else, I can just walk across to Beach Club to get my fix. :)

The smell in the Beach Club lobby (and Yacht Club as well), "Green Aloe & Clover" is generated with a ScentAir (brand) fragrance generator. We have a section on the Beach & Yacht Club FAQ thread with suggestions for ways to bring the lobby smell to your home with various products- candles, body lotions, etc.

::yes::

The smell in the Beach Club lobby (and Yacht Club as well), "Green Aloe & Clover" is generated with a ScentAir (brand) fragrance generator. We have a section on the Beach & Yacht Club FAQ thread with suggestions for ways to bring the lobby smell to your home with various products- candles, body lotions, etc.

Contemporary too!

GF lobby is also Green Clover and aloe. In the fall it smells like the gingerbread house they have there because it overpowers the original scent.

I absolutely Loved the lobby smell of POFQ:) Maybe I'm into cheap perfume????
I wish the Magic Candle Co would make that one; I'd buy it in a minute.

If there’s one thing I’ve learned as a FT candlemaker, it’s that everyone has different scent preferences and tolerance. What might smell like cheap perfume to me can smell totally different to the next person. :confused3

We were at YC over the holidays one time and they'd changed it to a balsam/spruce smell, which was lovely. I recently bought a Williams Sonoma soap/lotion set and just this weekend realized I liked it so much because it smelled like the YC at Christmas!

We were at YC over the holidays one time and they'd changed it to a balsam/spruce smell, which was lovely. I recently bought a Williams Sonoma soap/lotion set and just this weekend realized I liked it so much because it smelled like the YC at Christmas!

Interesting!

I didn't know the YC has a spruce fragrance during the holidays.

The BC has a gingerbread scent, which used to overpower my friend who worked in the lobby.

If there’s one thing I’ve learned as a FT candlemaker, it’s that everyone has different scent preferences and tolerance. What might smell like cheap perfume to me can smell totally different to the next person. :confused3

Yes, that's true:)
I used to make candles as a hobby. It was a lot of fun. I remember traveling 60 miles to Nashville and buying big slabs of wax!! I made a lot of whipped wax candles with a votive in the middle and the wedding invitation transferred to the front of the square. When the candle was lit, the candle shown through the invitation. I hope I described that so you understand it. I quit when my kids got into school activities, and when the price of wax skyrocketed.
It was a fun hobby for me.

Interesting!

I didn't know the YC has a spruce fragrance during the holidays.

The BC has a gingerbread scent, which used to overpower my friend who worked in the lobby.

Yes, I remember that! When we went I thought it was sugar cookie, but whatever it was, it was strong!
I don't know if the YC does the Christmas scent every year, but they did that year. The Williams Sonoma smell-alike (is that a word?) is Winter Forest. Now I know why I like Winter Forest so much.:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter