Resort Change by Disney

I've emailed Disney and the AP VIP line a few times. Has anyone in the last 7-10 days heard anything back from them if they did as well?

During Covid 19 i've rebooked my reservation at least 5 times and the last time they didn't have French Quarter so we picked AOA. I passed up AP discounts and other discounts at Pop and All Stars and paid extra for AOA for the pool and splash pad area. I've tried twice over the phone to get them to put us in any resort over Pop because I view that as a downgrade and on top of that i'm paying full price for AOA room when I picked that over a discounted Pop room the last time I rebooked.

It's extremely annoying being told they are protecting my price for my dates when i'm actually paying way to much to stay at Pop now.

I've emailed Disney and the AP VIP line a few times. Has anyone in the last 7-10 days heard anything back from them if they did as well?

During Covid 19 i've rebooked my reservation at least 5 times and the last time they didn't have French Quarter so we picked AOA. I passed up AP discounts and other discounts at Pop and All Stars and paid extra for AOA for the pool and splash pad area. I've tried twice over the phone to get them to put us in any resort over Pop because I view that as a downgrade and on top of that i'm paying full price for AOA room when I picked that over a discounted Pop room the last time I rebooked.

It's extremely annoying being told they are protecting my price for my dates when i'm actually paying way to much to stay at Pop now.
Did you have a Little Mermaid room at AoA? If so a Pop room is an upgrade. That room puts the Little in Little Mermaid for sure! If you had a family suite I would be mad and call GS. A family suite to a Pop room is a downgrade in amenities, so that's not a like for like switch.

Did you have a Little Mermaid room at AoA? If so a Pop room is an upgrade. That room puts the Little in Little Mermaid for sure! If you had a family suite I would be mad and call GS. A family suite to a Pop room is a downgrade in amenities, so that's not a like for like switch.

We have the Little Mermaid room at AOA.

Its the combination of my two year old being able to enjoy the splash pad at AOA and the zero entry pool compared to the pool at POP. The pool is the only place my two year old doesn't have to wear a mask so its a big selling point right now for us if we can't keep the mask on her at the parks. Plus I paid $60 more a night to be at AOA over POP the last time I switched resorts before Disney announced reopening plans so those two together are leaving a bad taste in my mouth.

We've stayed at both resorts and love both so its nothing against Pop.

Did you call to make these modifications, or did you do them on your own online? Is the issue that they told you they are moving you to Pop and you paid more at AoA? I would call back and discuss this and not wait for a call from them, honestly. They shouldn't charge you more going to another value resort. But if the issue is that you chose not to apply discounts to stay at Pop on your own, I don't think they can help you in that regard since they can't retroactively add offers. They can only add the discounts to the modified reservation if you already had it applied. However, if there is any price difference of you paying more for AoA, it should be reflected in the charges portfolio on the MDE app - but keep in mind, I don't think that they will put into consideration a discount you could've had, just if you did have one already applied.

I’ve stayed at pop century and all stars a few times. Love both but if there’s no price difference would chooses pop every time! It’s a great resort. Especially now the rooms have been refurbished The buses are fab we have never had a problem and there’s the added bonus that if an art of animation bus comes first you can hop on that and walk across. and there’s the skyliner now too! The food court I’d say is fairly similar to all stars, but you do have the option of walking over the bridge to the food court at art of animation also! Gives a little bit of variety and their food does seem to be the best of the values. I’m not travelling till feb but if they switched me from all star music to pop century I’d be a very happy lady!!!
We also were in a preferred room at ASM, we were switch to preferred room at POP, any direction on room request location? any rumors on if skyliner will be running July 2020 dates?

We have the Little Mermaid room at AOA.

Its the combination of my two year old being able to enjoy the splash pad at AOA and the zero entry pool compared to the pool at POP. The pool is the only place my two year old doesn't have to wear a mask so its a big selling point right now for us if we can't keep the mask on her at the parks. Plus I paid $60 more a night to be at AOA over POP the last time I switched resorts before Disney announced reopening plans so those two together are leaving a bad taste in my mouth.

We've stayed at both resorts and love both so its nothing against Pop.
You don't mention your dates but I assume you're going after Pop reopens and before AoA reopens. Did they at least reduce your price from the AoA full rate to the Pop AP rate, or only to the Pop full rate?

I think some have had success doing so, I did not have any success when I asked to purchase a 2 bedroom villa instead of the 2 studios we have at Riveria the weekend of the 4th. It may be because of capacity, but I know the CM in guest services tried for a good 10 mins to see what she could do, but no luck for us.
I guess doesn’t hurt to ask

I responded to the email back on Thurs. I haven't heard back from them yet. I've read success stories on here of upgrades and I've seen where some are just getting put in something similar. I'm not sure if I want to just wait for them to call me and hope for the best or if I should go ahead and call. I have a suite booked for Sept. at Asmu which shows will not be open?? Idk... I would love an upgrade, it would be nice, but in all honesty I just want a suite like I booked, if seen where All Stars are being switched to Pop I love Pop, but they don't have suites... opinions please...wait or call??

I’m so happy! Y’all have probably seen my posts on here, but I was originally booked at CBR for a standard view fifth sleeper July 18-21. Last Tuesday I called the 7866 number and was offered the FW Cabins. I wasn’t super thrilled with that but took it anyways so I’d have a place to stay.

However the more I thought about it I was disappointed and finally got around to calling the same number again today. After five minutes on hold, I was able to get ahold of a helpful CM. I explained how FW is too big and far from the parks I’m going to (EP and DHS) and we didn’t feel like it was a lateral move.

She did some searching and offered me a studio at either Boardwalk Villas or Beach Club Villas (I was hoping for Rivera but all they had were the tower studios). Knowing the pool was closed at Y+B I chose Boardwalk and was given a price protected standard view studio! She had to talk to someone else to get the price adjusted but I didn’t have to pay a cent extra. To those who are unsatisfied with your move, I think it’s definitely worth asking for a second move. I think she was more lenient because there were no other moderates open, but I still think it’s worth a shot regardless. I’m glad this is taken care of and I’m excited to stay at BWV <3

I have an update!

We were originally scheduled for a preferred room at All-Star Movies. My TA called and tried to get us switched to Art of Animation. I was kind of hoping we'd end up with a suite! However, she found out that Disney's policy right now is to book everyone from the All-Stars to Pop unless there is no more room at Pop. Only then can people get moved to Art of Animation. So, we're officially switched to a preferred room at Pop!

We love Pop! We have stayed there our past 2 trips.

We have AS Movies booked for the week after Christmas. We only booked there because it was cheaper than Pop.

I’m hoping AS Movies won’t open this year and we get moved to Pop!

I’ve stayed at pop century and all stars a few times. Love both but if there’s no price difference would chooses pop every time! It’s a great resort. Especially now the rooms have been refurbished The buses are fab we have never had a problem and there’s the added bonus that if an art of animation bus comes first you can hop on that and walk across. and there’s the skyliner now too! The food court I’d say is fairly similar to all stars, but you do have the option of walking over the bridge to the food court at art of animation also! Gives a little bit of variety and their food does seem to be the best of the values. I’m not travelling till feb but if they switched me from all star music to pop century I’d be a very happy lady!!!

You are absolutely right. Thanks for your feedback that helps soothe my concerns about buses and such. There's this little, negative voice in my head that keeps thinking, "Yes, but the refurbished rooms at All-Star Movies are newer," and, "I can hop on a bus to All-Star Music if their buses come first, too." But that little voice isn't the point. The point is, Pop won't be as bad as I'm making it out in my head, and some people even prefer it to All-Star Movies! Someone else said they think the Skyliner should be running, and that's better than buses at any resort!

We also were in a preferred room at ASM, we were switch to preferred room at POP, any direction on room request location? any rumors on if skyliner will be running July 2020 dates?

I was wondering about this, too. I've never stayed at Pop but started to research some of the rooms. I learned that all of the 1960s rooms are preferred, and the 50s and 70s buildings that are closest to the 1960s buildings are also preferred.

It looks like the 70s area doesn't have its own pool. I thought that would mean it's quiet, but then you'd have to walk to a different area to use the pool. If quiet is your priority, I'd choose the preferred 70s building.

The 60s look closest to everything, and that's where the main pool is. I assume this means it will be a more crowded area with people walking over to use the 60s pool, and walking by to get to the Skyliner. However, it's really in the middle of everything. So, if you don't mind a little noise, this seems like the best area to be to be closest to everything.

The 50s seemed like a compromise to the 60s and 70s. There is a small pool there, so you'll have a pool, but it won't be the one everyone is coming to from other buildings. Also, people won't be passing by as much to get to the Skyliner.

So basically, I think your choices for preferred rooms are: 1970s for quietness, 1960s for closeness, and 1950s for a balance.

My husband is saying he will take AOA if we get that but he dislikes Pop and he wants our back up off-site reservation if we end up in Pop. We have stayed there before. I am flexible, I just want to go to Disney world. :)

I booked thru Hotels.com as well, and today I called them. They offered to switch me to an off site hotel. Thanks a BIG "NO!" But from what you are saying, Hotels.com will contact Disney themselves? If you have time, please post how this goes for you. My reservation isn't until October. TIA

Okay hotels.com people! I just received notification that our night (07/19-07/20) at CBR king room was moved to deluxe studio preferred view at Riviera. I had received an email from hotels.com over the weekend confirming that CBR would be closed and I should just cancel. I contacted them (hotels.com) this morning via chat and had to be pretty persistent but I asked them to contact Disney wholesale, tell them we are coming and to move us to an open resort. Good luck everyone!

We love Pop! We have stayed there our past 2 trips.

We have AS Movies booked for the week after Christmas. We only booked there because it was cheaper than Pop.

I’m hoping AS Movies won’t open this year and we get moved to Pop!
If you want POP, I'd call. I got my Spring 2021 ASMo moved to POP with price protection since no ETA on All Star resorts opening.

Okay hotels.com people! I just received notification that our night (07/19-07/20) at CBR king room was moved to deluxe studio preferred view at Riviera. I had received an email from hotels.com over the weekend confirming that CBR would be closed and I should just cancel. I contacted them (hotels.com) this morning via chat and had to be pretty persistent but I asked them to contact Disney wholesale, tell them we are coming and to move us to an open resort. Good luck everyone!

Is there a specific number for Wholesale? I am trying to get a third party booking handled, and the third party tried to call the resort I'm currently booked at directly.

Is there a specific number for Wholesale? I am trying to get a third party booking handled, and the third party tried to call the resort I'm currently booked at directly.
I am sorry, I wasn't able to get the phone number. The CM the hotels.com agent 1st spoke to just confirmed CBR would be closed. I told the agent to ask to be put through to wholesale. I received notice of my resort change about 3 hours after that.

Was there a specific date that Disney gave for you to decide if you wanted to keep your reservation or not? I had a free dining reservation for the end of August that I was going to have to cancel anyway however did not cancel yet. I looked today and saw the reservation was now gone. I never received an email saying I had to take action by a certain date nor an email saying my reservation was now canceled.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter