Resort Change by Disney

So I need to contact them? Or just keep letting my TA try??o know she’s trying! I would not doubt her, I’m just getting scared everything will fill up and I won’t have anywhere to move!!!😩
Your reservation is "owned" by your TA and Disney can't speak directly with you. However if you receive the referenced email from Disney then you can respond directly to Disney.

Dave

Yeah CM tonight said their system will not let them book a rate protection at anything other than the same level. He alluded that this was happening, but not anymore, which we’ve all seen here. Really, really disappointing. We are considering just paying for the upgrade at this point but feel pigeon holed and pushed into doing things we don’t want to do which is leaving a very bad impression.
That’s garbage that they were doing that Monday and Tues am.

giving it another go tomorrow. Feel like so much of this is getting the right CM.

Well I'm hoping my TA can get the same result, we are actually in a GDT room arriving right after you leave (9/24-10/4), and I told her that we don't want CBR (or a Studio Riviera room either for that matter). We have used her for a cruise before and she was very good at getting things squared away with all of our reservations and another that was scheduled for this June, but we've never used a TA for Disney before, so I hope it doesn't end up biting us in the butt. If they can't give us an upgrade we'll probably move this reservation until next year assuming the price difference isn't huge (it should be somewhat comparable as we didn't book with any discounts).

Best wishes to you! Hopefully you can get something that you are happy with.

Yeah GDT to CBR is most definitely a downgrade, not an upgrade, so your TA did right to push. GDT is in the moderate price level but it's really a deluxe amenities-wise. AKL is great, though personally I prefer Jambo House. That's the main building. Kidani is nice and the food their (Sanna!) is awesome, but it doesn't quite have the same ooh and ahh to it that the main house does. We were AKL Jambo House pool view (non DVC) and got moved to CR garden wing garden view. Still, if you've never stayed in AKL before, regardless of the building, the rooms are gorgeous and the animals, theming, etc are great. You'll have a blast. All-in-all AKL is my favorite resort on property, hands-down.

‘Thanks so much for he info. AKL was actually our first choice this vacation before we added a guest with us but they decided not to come. So it kind of worked out. Since it’s our first time and we love the theming we are very excited.

That’s garbage that they were doing that Monday and Tues am.

giving it another go tomorrow. Feel like so much of this is getting the right CM.
I just know that Tuesday afternoon they implemented that matrix to only allow lateral moves, no more upgrades unless you're willing to pay. Since then, I haven't heard much about guests being upgraded unless another resort in the category wouldn't be open (ex. Seen a lot of POFQ/POR get bumped to CR Garden wing) or if an open resort in the guest's category doesn't have a similar room (ex. If you booked a family suite at a value, the only other suite/villa accommodation would be at a deluxe).

Have you heard anything from your TA? I haven’t. Trying to trust the process!
Ready for this roller coaster? After I posted I got an email from her saying yay we can move you tomorrow! Then she sent an email the next day saying never mind! We’re back in our holding pattern. I guess they got told something else by their Disney rep? Sounds like a bunch of conflicting info. So I guess we’re back to waiting. You hear anything?

Ok

its so weird to me, and maybe I don’t get “restaurant business” but why would menus never limited? I mean, what difference does 10 sandwiches have versus 4? Is it a “cost” thing? Or just maybe staffing? I really just don’t see his cutting a menu helps? ( not trying to be obnoxious, I’m seriously ignorant in this area)

Most of my family owns restaurants, and I know when they reopened, a limited menu was used because they simply did not have the stock to make certain things. After being closed for a couple of months it took them a little bit to get orders back in from Sysco. After a few weeks they now have almost everything back on the menus...some things are still not on the menu because either cost has gone up too much or they simply cannot get it from supplier. I assume that Disney will have stuff back soon after full reopening...

I am at POR 2nd week of August. I did not get an email about the park reservation system and did not get an email asking if I am still coming. I only received an email when they converted my bounceback to 35% off and they issued me a new confirmation number, (so they have my email address and it works!). I’ve been following thread to see if phone wait times go down as I am back to work (outside home) full time and cannot be on hold for hours and hours. I’m fully prepared for them moving us to CBR (not excited about the resort, but it’s a room), but I cannot at this point walk around listening or not listening to hold music for 3-7 hours. If they cancel us for lack of a room I will be bummed since I did secure park reservations on website on Monday, However, I am seeing now multiple news outlets reporting the petition asking to delay opening, so it is not a guarantee Disney will be opening and with FL numbers climbing I guess anything can happen.

We had POFQ 8/9-13 and after a few days of long phone hours for our TA, we were offered either Saratoga Springs or Riviera Tower Studio for minimal price change. By minimal I mean, after our park hopper changes to regular ticket we will save money on the deal. So obviously we were given a huge price cut on our choice - Riviera which was essentially the same price as POFQ.

Did you have the 35% off from free dining? If so where you able to remove the park hopper? Trying to get an idea of what is happening with everyone. Thanks
My TA was able to move my original CBR July 7-15 reservation to November using the 35% discount from our original free dining deal. We dropped a day, but kept the park hoppers. Not sure if that was required, but I had her just keep it that way for now. I know she had a hard time with the original CM that she talked to with giving us the 35% discount with new dates and had to transferred to someone else. After about 6.5 hours (including hold time) she got it done. Going to keep this reservation for now and monitor the restrictions down there. If things are still the way they are now (masks, no parades, no fireworks, no characters, etc) we will end up cancelling and moving to 2021 and keep our fingers crossed that it is more normal next summer. Like many other people we aren’t willing to spend this kind of money and travel so far for a modified experience (even though it is killing me thinking about not stepping foot on Disney property this year).

I just called the 7866 number and guest services said they would not help me until I went through reservations..............

They figured out last night that the direct callers to GS were jumping the line so to speak, causing horrendous wait times for those in the queue that started with reservations first. I wonder if this is in response to that issue in their system.

Hotles.com emailed wholesale for me and Disney replied that I would be changed and to keep an eye on my MDE. I have a 7/14 reservation
I received an email from hotels.com on Wednesday that they are still coordinating with Disney and will update me once they have more information. We have a 7/19 check-in at CBR. I have been checking MDE but no change yet. I assume we will be moved to FW Cabins based on everything I am reading but anxious to know one way or another.

So what happens if you don't respond by 7/1 to the email? My reservation is a cash stay at a DVC resort so I know the resort will be open.

They figured out last night that the direct callers to GS were jumping the line so to speak, causing horrendous wait times for those in the queue that started with reservations first. I wonder if this is in response to that issue in their system.
I am glad I called that number yesterday!!

Ok

its so weird to me, and maybe I don’t get “restaurant business” but why would menus never limited? I mean, what difference does 10 sandwiches have versus 4? Is it a “cost” thing? Or just maybe staffing? I really just don’t see his cutting a menu helps? ( not trying to be obnoxious, I’m seriously ignorant in this area)

Well in food, you don't want your inventory laying around because it goes bad. With so many fewer guests staying, you will not only sell less food, but the more options that you have, the less any of one thing sells. If you have too many options, they won't all sell enough before they have to toss the ingredients.

August 22nd Destino Tower Club Level Is now Copper Creek Studio.

I shouldn’t complain, but I’m going to. It was this or Carribean Beach. Chose Copper Creek because I like Wilderness, however, not too happy that I don’t have a second bed.

May try to call in a few weeks to see if I can squeeze another bed into my stay. If not, I’ll probably bail.

Plus you are loosing the club level benefits. I would hope that you got a refund of the difference also. I hate that they think that the GDT is in any way comparable to any moderate room. The prices that they charge certainly do not reflect that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter