Resort Change by Disney

I haven’t heard of anyone getting club level or it being available for booking for the foreseeable future (at least for 2020 from what my CM said). That’s awesome if it’s available

My MDE is still showing the higher amount for my resort change even though I was told it would be the exact same price. Any idea how long that might take to update?
Mine is showing a higher price than my TA was quoted too. She tried to call back, but the queue has been closed for the evening. So annoying!

I didn't have park hoppers associated with the reservation because the recovery free dining deal only required two-day base tickets, but I was told I could not get rid of the tickets or I would lose the 35 percent off.

I got rid of my 2 day base tickets and was able to retain the 35% discount - I did keep my dates though, so that may have been a factor.

I haven’t heard of anyone getting club level or it being available for booking for the foreseeable future (at least for 2020 from what my CM said). That’s awesome if it’s available
CL is currently closed for the rest of 2020 but available for 2021. All concierge guests are remaining on furlough unless assigned to another department. So maybe they got CL but there is no club :) of course anything can change....

Mine is showing a higher price than my TA was quoted too. She tried to call back, but the queue has been closed for the evening. So annoying!
Takes 24-72 hours. The agent submits a price protection form as it needs to be entered. It will happen. They are backing up more everyday. So maybe give it the 72.

We got switched from ASMo to AoA little mermaid standard. Dates are Oct 26-30.
We’re 10/24-10/30 and got moved from ASMo to Pop. I was hoping for an AoA option since we’ve stayed at Pop before. We liked it, but were looking forward to something new. That’s not really a good reason to demand a change 😂 I wonder if it’d be worth calling back later and seeing if AoA is a possibility instead.

If your resort will not be opened when you arrive who contacts you or do you have to call Disney and make other arrangements? I have a September AKL Jambo resort and not sure what I need to do??

not that it means anything but I have read about people being told to wait a day or so for rate to come back to the quote

If your resort will not be opened when you arrive who contacts you or do you have to call Disney and make other arrangements? I have a September AKL Jambo resort and not sure what I need to do??

The language on Disney's site indicates you need to contact them to modify your reservation or they will auto-cancel you 7 days out. Recommend calling ASAP if your resort will definitely not be open when you travel!

When they switched me yesterday from POR to CR yesterday. They said dont worry what it says on MDE. It may take a couple of days up to a week to disappear if that's any reassurance.

There has been some confusion with the whole "wait for Disney or contact them to be moved" even among the TA community. But it states on Disney's website under "Know Before You Go" that your reservation will be called 7 days before check-in if you (or your TA) does not contact Disney. Stress this to your TA and push her to call and ask where you will be moved.

I haven't been keeping trying of the dates others are traveling and where they are being moved, but I think the later a person's trip is the less chance they are being upgraded to a Deluxe. As time passes more resorts are opening and there are more options for a more lateral move. Maybe she can call and see what they offer but if it's not a upgrade that you imagined have her tell them you'll keep your current reservation and see what happens.

It's stated on the Disney website that if you don't contact them your trip will be cancelled 7 days prior to check-in. I'd definitely call soon. But I don't think I would call today or even tomorrow. They WILL find a place for you and sometimes I think the longer a person waits the greater potential for an awesome upgrade.

As a TA myself, your frustrations are valid. And if you really want POP and basically demand that she call. But, no matter when she calls (as long as it's more than 7 days before) I really believe that Disney will find you a room if POP is closed and in that case it would be an even greater upgrade.

So today I was offered Saratoga Springs or Riviera tower studio. We took riviera and then found out the bed folded out of the wall and it’s the size of a postage stamp. It’s clean and new which is nice. High end materials. I just can’t get over how tiny it is. I always say the trip is not about the room, but I’m these times we will definitely spend more time in the room. The parks close much earlier and open later. The balcony is a nice touch for sure. Would love to hear other opinions on this room type and on this resort.

I can't figure out why they didn't space out the dates for people to make reservations/changes a bit more in the first place! Less than a week from anyone being able to make park reservations to new 2021 tickets being sold was clearly way too ambitious.
I totally agree. My trip was July 7-12 so I tried to modify last week but was told no... that this past week was for trips with departure date of July 10/11 or earlier. And by the way when I did call last week I wasn’t on hold for more than 20 minutes unlike Monday’s 7 hour hold. They said the next wave for my dates would be this past Monday. Had no idea she meant wave would be tsunami!

So, I got switched to CR from WL, but in MDE it still showing the WL reservation along with the new CR reservation and they both have the same reservation number except WL has had an A attached to the end of the number. They said something about filling out a price protection form and once that is approved then the price will be fixed, but I'm wondering: When they approve the price protection, will the WL reservation go away? Thanks!

Haven’t had any luck either. We are booked in Sep at POR. All I keep getting offered is CBR. It’s a special trip for us, and we aren’t looking for CBR. The matrix seems to have put a big kaibosh on the upgrades, but it definitely depends on whom you speak to. Some people are still getting upgrades. I’ve been unable to call back today but plan to try shortly. No harm in continuing to try. Disney should be making this right.
Ah that is what I am looking for. We are at POR 9/5-9/16 and only have been giving the choice of CBR. No matter what we say it doesn’t change. Going to keep trying.

THIS! We have a TA though so now I'm dependent on her convincing GS of that. We have GDT 9/27-10/4 and I adamantly do not want CBR. I gave her a list of places we'd be willing to take, suffice it to say another moderate was not on that list LOL!

My MDE is still showing the higher amount for my resort change even though I was told it would be the exact same price. Any idea how long that might take to update?

We had our resort changed yesterday afternoon. This was from a mod to a deluxe so there was a big price difference. The CM told me it would initially show the (much) higher price but to give it a couple days or so and it will update. Well today I noticed it had updated to reflect my original price! Only about 24 hours later. I also received an email at the same time today that reflected the change too.

So, I got switched to CR from WL, but in MDE it still showing the WL reservation along with the new CR reservation and they both have the same reservation number except WL has had an A attached to the end of the number. They said something about filling out a price protection form and once that is approved then the price will be fixed, but I'm wondering: When they approve the price protection, will the WL reservation go away? Thanks!
It is an A to distinguish it from the new res. There must have been a issue with modifying your current res. The only reason it is not canceled is so the team that handles the price protection can see what your old price was to input into the CR res. Once that is done it will disappear.[/QUOTE]

I just got a call from Undercover Tourist to ask if I plan to keep or cancel my 7/17 reservation for POFQ. I told the Rep I plan of keeping for now. She said the resort won't be open and that Disney will move me to another resort, most likely an upgrade, as they would never down grade us (her words). I do not need to call Disney. She also said it I should just keep checking MDE to see where we are moved. She also stated that UT has no idea when this will happen( could be day of check in!) , and that the communication from Disney hasn't been good. She said that she thinks DIsney has no idea what they are doing LOL. This stinks because the resort is one of the main deciding factors for this trip. I guess I'll continue to wait.
Have you checked recently? I hope it changes sooner rather than later.

If your arrival is not inside now to 07/11 then you need to call or it will auto cxl 1 week prior. As for now only arrivals until park open 7/11 aka free slurpee day are set to call guests.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter