Resort Change by Disney

Found this in a Facebook group just now (longer message):

POP opens July 10th!!

As we continue the phased reopening of Walt Disney World Resort, we are excited to welcome Guests back to Disney Vacation Club resorts and Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground, beginning June 22. This includes:

• Bay Lake Tower at Disney’s Contemporary Resort

• Boulder Ridge Villas at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge

• Copper Creek Villas & Cabins at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge

• Disney’s Animal Kingdom Villas – Kidani Village

• Disney’s Beach Club Villas

• Disney’s BoardWalk Villas

• Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground

• Disney’s Old Key West Resort

• Disney’s Polynesian Villas & Bungalows

• Disney’s Riviera Resort

• Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort

• The Villas at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa.

As we open these hotels, we are taking a measured and deliberate approach to implement a number of health and safety measures based on guidance from various governmental authorities and health agencies.

In addition, we currently plan to open the following resort hotels to booked Guests on the following dates. Please note, that given the fluidity of the current environment, these dates are subject to change and Guests’ reservations could still be modified to other resort hotels if needed.

• July 10 – Disney’s Animal Kingdom Villas - Jambo House, Disney’s Pop Century Resort, Disney’s Contemporary Resort

• July 29 – Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort

• Aug. 12 – Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort and Disney’s Art of Animation Resort

• Aug. 24 – Disney’s Yacht & Beach Club Resorts

• Sept. 21 – Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa

• Oct. 1 – Disney’s BoardWalk Resort

• Oct. 14 – Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort

Guests with current reservations at impacted Disney Resort hotels can request help with modifying their reservation starting Monday June 22. Reservations for stays in 2021 will begin booking on Wednesday, June 24. Only Guests with a valid theme park ticket or Annual Pass will be able to access the Disney Park Pass reservation system.

Given the current situation, there are some resort hotels and other areas that are not, as of this time, being scheduled for reopening yet. We will continue to evaluate the situation and reopen more locations when the environment is right to do so.

While these plans may evolve, we will be monitoring the constantly changing health environment and its impact on the state of Florida as we find the right time to welcome back even more of our Guests and Cast Members.

I’ve been following for the last several weeks since we are booked at POR (originally with a FD BB) 2nd week of August. Up until now I figured we would be ok going, Disney modified our reservation a few weeks ago canceling our FD and updating our balance to reflect a 35% disc off POR room rate and giving us a new confirmation number. Still I sat tight. Then it was announced DVC and FW would be only resorts open so I ”assumed” we would be moved by Disney to either a cabin or SSR. Still sat tight. Today this list comes out and I figured we’d be moved by Disney to CBR, ok, still in a good spot. But, now I realize I never got an email from Disney about the park reservation system (only knew about it from reading the DIS) and now I may know why. I am wondering if I will not be able to make reservations tomorrow since although I do have a 7 day ticket as part of my package I probably do NOT have a valid resort reservation anymore (POR not open) and I “may” get a message directing ME to call Disney (not Disney reaching out to me and I can imagine hold times tomorrow as I cannot be the only one in this boat) to modify my resort at rack rate to another option.

Disney really really really wants me to cancel.

I wish Disney would start calling us all today.

We’re at the GF in a Theme park view on 7/12 and I’m sure we’re not the only ones. Considering club levels are no longer possible I’m not really sure where they can put us that’s equivalent unless they give us a Bay Lake Tower one bedroom with a theme park view. They could do a regular CR TPV but I would expect some money back.

After seeing that list, I’m assuming my ASMo reservation on Oct 8-12 will need to be moved, and now the question is... do I even attempt to call this week given all of the craziness with the park reservation system, or do I wait it out a bit? I feel like I should give my “spot in the phone queue” to someone who is going way before me... but also don’t want to have an issue switching if I wait too long. Sigh.

I’ve been following for the last several weeks since we are booked at POR (originally with a FD BB) 2nd week of August. Up until now I figured we would be ok going, Disney modified our reservation a few weeks ago canceling our FD and updating our balance to reflect a 35% disc off POR room rate and giving us a new confirmation number. Still I sat tight. Then it was announced DVC and FW would be only resorts open so I ”assumed” we would be moved by Disney to either a cabin or SSR. Still sat tight. Today this list comes out and I figured we’d be moved by Disney to CBR, ok, still in a good spot. But, now I realize I never got an email from Disney about the park reservation system (only knew about it from reading the DIS) and now I may know why. I am wondering if I will not be able to make reservations tomorrow since although I do have a 7 day ticket as part of my package I probably do NOT have a valid resort reservation anymore (POR not open) and I “may” get a message directing ME to call Disney (not Disney reaching out to me and I can imagine hold times tomorrow as I cannot be the only one in this boat) to modify my resort at rack rate to another option.

I got the email and my reservation is at ASMo, which is not on the list. I think their email notification system just stinks. 🙂

We’re supposed to check in CBR on July 26th. Now the waiting game where they will put us since that’s several days before they open.

I also received an email and we're at WL which is also not on the list. (I also have an ASMo reservation for November, so who knows what mine was for! lol)

DH has a reservation at the FW Cabins which will be open (split stay with mine) and he didn't get any of the most recent emails.

No rhyme or reason! :) Agree with @brewhome - system stinks :)

I got the ticket email and I have a Pre-cruise stay at Copper Creek booked but no tickets. I do have disneyland tickets for another stay. Their emails are wonky for sure.

I wish Disney would start calling us all today.

We’re at the GF in a Theme park view on 7/12 and I’m sure we’re not the only ones. Considering club levels are no longer possible I’m not really sure where they can put us that’s equivalent unless they give us a Bay Lake Tower one bedroom with a theme park view. They could do a regular CR TPV but I would expect some money back.

I feel the same as we are booked at Poly in a TPV room. It’s not the Grand but it’s more expensive than the Contemporary (we have a reservation there too) and I can’t think of much that is equivalent. I’m also heart broken that the Poly isn’t opening. It’s on our bucket list and it’s our one chance to stay there.😭

Ugh! 7am can’t come soon enough. I just want to call and find out there they are moving us for our Poly reservation. I’m guessing it will be the Contemporary but I’m hoping it’s not.

Also, all this rumor about having to pay the difference, while I don’t think we will, it’s making me nervous. I booked with a TA rate and I’m not sure they will still honor that if we have to move.

Reservations at the Poly was what made me hold on to our vacation. Now I feel deflated.

Someone just posted after park opening move and she was told she would have to pay for the move. It would be a special rate . Same dates , her resort was YC . That’s probably why people are posting on the Rumor and News thread Val/Mods will be very unhappy soon . I am at YC 7/31-8/8 and my special rate better be zero . I am already paying deluxe rates . This is not looking promising.
If this is true. . . I do not have words. Kicked out for the NBA?? I made my plans way before they came along.

I have a CBR reservation for July 18-21. Hoping I won’t have to pay the difference. Do y’all think it’s likely I will be placed in one of the reopening resorts or into the previously discussed cabins/DVC?

Also—I have a cabins reservation for August. I booked it as a placeholder of sorts so I could switch into a cheaper resort—do y’all think I’ll be able to switch to Pop tomorrow morning?

If your resort reservation and tickets are linked and currently showing in MDE, based on everything we have heard, you should be fine for tomorrow. A lot of people didn't get the park reservation email mainly because Disney communication is completely hit and miss.

I would love to hear some opinions on FW cabins vs. Caribbean beach. I got changed To FW from French Quarter when I modified my June trip to November. Even with the 35% discount, I will have to pay more $$. With CB opening before my trip, should I change my FW? The things I liked about FQ were the small size and boat to Disney Springs. Not sure what the advantages are for either one of these open resorts because I’ve never been to them.

WL is my families favorite resort. We are familiar with staying in all areas of the resort.
Since we are leaving our adult children at home we booked a Nature view King Sized bed at WL for the week of July 19th.
I realize only DVC resorts will be open so my question is ...is it likely my husband and I will be moved to Boulder Ridge instead of the main resort? Am I interpreting it correctly that the main part of the resort will not be having booked rooms? TIA

Last edited:
we are booked at the polynesian beginning on August 7th, with the Floridian not opening until September and AKL not opening until late august, where in the world are they going to put everyone? where could they relocate us to?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter