Resort Change by Disney

I am able to check in to one of the resorts (Kidani), but not the other two resorts (neither one is likely to open). It lets me go through the process, but then it says that online check-in is not available.
When did you try?

We have a triple split stay 7/21-7/29. I did online check in for all three yesterday.
VGF, PVB, ASMo.

I have not, but given that is still a month away, maybe they will be keeping some open...however, I would be very surprised if they kept you there.

That’s what I thought. I’m not holding my breath, but would be nice to be able to stay at my original resort.

Now, for those that were moved (prior to 7/11 checkout, I know), do we know if, after being moved without a choice (so no price change), were people then able to move to a resort of their choice (from the open options) and pay the difference? Or once the choice is made for Disney to switch you, are you stuck with that choice or canceling only?

I very much want to know this. Same thing for the Sun and Fun (I think that's right name) room only discount.
Most everyone’s experience in this thread and a couple more say that if you change your dates you can only get whatever discounts are available at your rescheduled dates. Your current deals and in particular your 35% room discount (replacement for fd) will not transfer to any rescheduled stay.

Travel to Disney in the next few months is very much “take it or leave it”. Don’t get me wrong I’m sure for anyone who goes Disney will make it as magical as possible but just set expectations accordingly.

At this point , I find it unusual that they didn’t follow their pattern on Thursday and move the next group of guests. Why stop at opening day.
These bits of information are maddening. Resort Communication has been horrid,and CM’s seem to be telling different guest different info.

“If” My “TA” is presented with a “move” on Monday....not a downgrade ( even though I would consider if compensated) what should I even consider/entertain? I’m going with the “assumption” it will be a DVC.
“right now” we are at YC aug 4-11. even if they open I will not stay there without SAB. So if no change, we will cancel/reschedule.
will not move to BCV/BWV, we will cancel /reschedule. That being said:
-Would consider SSR/OKW but only a 2 bed room ( is that reasonable coming from YC?)
-Would consider ( I think) Animal kingdom (kidani?....I know nothing about AK at all 🙄 ( but don’t know what’s “lateral”? 1 bed bed/2bed?)
-I don’t know how I feel about Poly??? Normally yes for firework view...but no fireworks now. Plus, we don’t like a “busy” resort.
-I have not heard anyone mention WL? Are their DVCs in play possibly?
I’m kind of wondering if Disney will say “this is our offer, take it or leave it” or, if I have room to “haggle”.
I don’t want to “settle” for less, but I am just not familiar with DVC? We have only done “cash” sides.

I have stayed in most of those resorts. Yacht is one of our favorites! Depending on what kind of room you had at Yacht, in my opinion, I would consider most DVC studios to be a downgrade. 1BR lateral or upgrade. If I were being booted from Yacht, I’d be hoping for a 1BR at Riviera. I feel like the room theming is similar - up to date and modern. Adult feeling.

If you like quiet, Poly might not be for you. We had a lake view studio and it was beautiful.. but we were near the TTC we heard boats all day long and the lobby is always busy and loud. Maybe it would be less so with Ohana being closed?

You might enjoy a savanna view at Kidani. They’re very peaceful and the 1BRs are some of my favorite rooms on property.

I’m not sure if they’d bump you to a 2BR anywhere. But who knows! I hope you end up somewhere you enjoy!

Here is my issue. I had a knee injury, most likely going to require surgery but due to backlog most likely will be after our September trip. I will find out more on Tuesday. Regardless I have decided we are renting a car and I will get a mobility scooter. I know all of the DVC resorts have elevators, I am ok with where ever they put us DVC but I think WCs are out of the question if they try to put us there. Should I call in before Monday and have my reservation noted with mobility issue?
Make sure to tell them to put it in your reservation. Not all buildings have elevators at SSR, for example.

Here is my issue. I had a knee injury, most likely going to require surgery but due to backlog most likely will be after our September trip. I will find out more on Tuesday. Regardless I have decided we are renting a car and I will get a mobility scooter. I know all of the DVC resorts have elevators, I am ok with where ever they put us DVC but I think WCs are out of the question if they try to put us there. Should I call in before Monday and have my reservation noted with mobility issue?

I think you should have your need noted on your reservation. There are accessible Fort Wilderness cabins, And if this shift is to a DVC property, most have elevators, and they can also give you a room on the first floor.

With the exception of the tree houses, and they have some with ramps, the buildings at SSR do have elevators. Old Key West is the resort where some buildings do not.

Just to clarify: there are only 3 buildings at OKW with elevators (62, 63, and 64).

I thought I was going to have some info for you guys from an awesome CM who was just helping me, but I just got cut off :sad: and I'm sitting here hoping he'll call me back. Anyway, my situation is this: I had 2 trips booked around the 4th of July time frame. I already changed one of the trips to end of August so I could book park days on Monday. Obviously I had to book a DVC at rack rate (which I intend to change).

Now I just called to change my other July 4 trip to Thanksgiving time. I explained to the great CM that I fully intend to change the resort as soon as I can, so I'd just be changing it today to a temporary DVC resort so I can book park reservations on Monday. He said he understood my thinking but that I could just wait until Monday to change my resort because all of the other resorts that are re-opening would be available to book on Monday!! That is news to me, but it's very possible I missed the info as I've had a hard time keeping up. He then said he wanted to check on something for me to make things easier and put me on hold, but a few minutes later I was cut off :sad1: so I guess I'm going to call back and pray I get a CM as awesome as he was.

Last edited:
What's up with the Fort Wilderness Cabins? They seem okay to me. I think that kitchen would be especially nice since there will not be a dining plan. Any specific reason people do not like the cabins?
Playing catch up on this thread, but my main reason for not wanting to stay at the cabins is because I live in the wilderness and prefer my vacation accommodations to have a different theme 🤣😂. Plus, we have a lot of weekend getaway cabin options close by so just like something totally opposite when I am elsewhere.

Now, for those that were moved (prior to 7/11 checkout, I know), do we know if, after being moved without a choice (so no price change), were people then able to move to a resort of their choice (from the open options) and pay the difference? Or once the choice is made for Disney to switch you, are you stuck with that choice or canceling only?

No. The only people I have read that were able to move and pay were those that were already at DVC on cash and wanted to go to a different DVC...but i think that was only one and it wasn’t here,

Basically, it is here is your option. If you don’t want it cancel, or change dates and pay.

Of course, until Monday, we don’t know if the process will be the same or different.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter