Resort Change by Disney

We have reservations at AKV-Jambo House July 4-14th. We are DVC members, but this reservation was booked with "Fun and Sun" Discount, so we were paying cash, not points. I have not heard anything from Disney about moving us and or rebooking etc... The resort only reservation is still showing on my app but all dining/activities have been cancelled apparently. I haven't been too active on these threads lately. What is the consensus?
Am I to call them, or am I to wait for them to call me?

We have reservations at AKV-Jambo House July 4-14th. We are DVC members, but this reservation was booked with "Fun and Sun" Discount, so we were paying cash, not points. I have not heard anything from Disney about moving us and or rebooking etc... The resort only reservation is still showing on my app but all dining/activities have been cancelled apparently. I haven't been too active on these threads lately. What is the consensus?

I personally wouldn't wait for Disney to call me. I'd call but I wouldn't call this morning because everyone else with pre-park opening resort reservations are calling to make their dining reservations. I'd definitely call today or tomorrow though because I think tomorrow is the last day to confirm you are going. You'll likely be moved to Kidani.

I personally wouldn't wait for Disney to call me. I'd call but I wouldn't call this morning because everyone else with pre-park opening resort reservations are calling to make their dining reservations. I'd definitely call today or tomorrow though because I think tomorrow is the last day to confirm you are going. You'll likely be moved to Kidani.
What if we potentially want to cancel and reschedule for the fall?

I am scheduled to stay at AKL Jambo House July 7-14 and had the original free dining. In MDE, it still shows the same package and same resort but all of my dining and fast pass reservations were cancelled by Disney. I have tried, thru my Travel Agent to contact Disney to shift my dates to when all of the parks are open and am continually told that since my checkout is after July 11 that I cannot modify at this time.

What if we potentially want to cancel and reschedule for the fall?

Right now, anyone with a check-out date after July 11th can only cancel or confirm. If you want to modify to a new date, you have to wait until Disney allows modifications for your dates. It may be this week or next week. If you call now, you are just going to be told to wait.

My apologies, I should have paid better attention to your dates. I just looked at your check-in date, not your check out date. The previous poster is right, you will likely be told they can't do anything with your reservation yet.
I took a chance and gave them a call. The wait time was not bad at all. They said they'd be moving us to Kidani (same Sun and Fun rate) if we keep the same dates. I asked about moving the trip up to the fall (early November). She said she could reschedule, but NO discounts for the fall "at this time". Hmmm, I think I will wait until next week and call back again.

Wait! what????? when did this information go out that you needed to contact Disney by certain date to confirm???How is it possible for us to confirm anything when our hotel (CBR) is apparently closed for the dates we are set to go (7/4 - 7/14) and each time we have called we were told to wait because they were not doing anything for anyone just yet for checkouts after 7/11. Can you provide a link or where you got this info from?

So it looks like a previous poster was given the option to modify even though they check out 7/14. :rolleyes: Doesn’t make any sense.

Wait! what????? when did this information go out that you needed to contact Disney by certain date to confirm???How is it possible for us to confirm anything when our hotel (CBR) is apparently closed for the dates we are set to go (7/4 - 7/14) and each time we have called we were told to wait because they were not doing anything for anyone just yet for checkouts after 7/11. Can you provide a link or where you got this info from?

There have been a few reports of CMs giving out or doing things not exactly right. Those with check outs after the 11th are not supposed to be allowed to do anything yet.

Now, maybe today is the day they are changing and emails will go out about the next round as Thursday has been the day.

You can always give a call and see what is said!

I don't think that today was the day to make changes. Not for people with checkouts after July 11. That has to be for people with checkouts on or before July 10.

After over 2 hours of waiting on hold I was finally able to make some dining reservations for July 7-10.

I realized I was wrong in her situation, since her check-out date was after 7/11. I just paid attention to her check-in date. The emails that have been doing out say confirm by a particular date with the last one saying 6/19 (I believe). But in your case, and in hers, since your check-out date is after the 11th so that wouldn't apply yet.

My apologies again.

Does anyone else feel like the lack of communication is a part of a scheme to get everyone to cancel and / or reschedule at rack rate? It's like they are purposely being vague, difficult and making the entire experience seem as uninticing as possible. I dont know if I like that idea better than this whole thing just being a cluster or not? :p
yes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter