Resort Change by Disney

I had a reservation for Yacht Club for 4th of July which I called and they moved over to Beach Club for me... now trying to decide whether we keep it because it's quite pricey for a trip with no Stormalong Bay or fireworks.
Beach Club villa?

I had a reservation for Yacht Club for 4th of July which I called and they moved over to Beach Club for me... now trying to decide whether we keep it because it's quite pricey for a trip with no Stormalong Bay or fireworks.
Beach club resort or Beach Club Villas?

We are a family of 3 and were moved to a SSR 2 bedroom villa yesterday for our original CBR 7/2-7/7 reservation. I read about the offer of a studio for your family and that seems like a downgrade in terms of space for you...I’m sorry

That wasn't me :) I'm July 19th, so no idea what my fate is yet.

Thank you for sharing your party size. I think that it is an interesting metric to keep track of as we try to figure out how moves are being made!

That wasn't me :) I'm July 19th, so no idea what my fate is yet.

Thank you for sharing your party size. I think that it is an interesting metric to keep track of as we try to figure out how moves are being made!
Oops, sorry! I know someone on this thread got a raw deal with a SSR room that isn’t big enough for their party

You will love it! We've stayed at OKW several times and that was our first resort on our trip this time that we cancelled. :( They are the largest DVC villas, you'll be rattling around in there with only 4 people. The only downside to OKW to me is the transportation. Where you're located will make a big difference. So if you can make room requests, do it! We always try for building 23-26. It's directly across from the hospitality house and has a bus stop right next to it. It's a short walk to the main pool also. We avoid near the hospitality house because it's the last pick up for the busses. During busy times, they're often full by the time they get there and if they're doing reduced capacity on the busses, it could be a real problem. Or, just use your own car. We used Minnie Vans leaving the resort, bus coming back, but they can be pricey. And ask for ground floor, there are no elevators except for 1 building as I recall, and it's close to the hospitality house. Take a look at touring plans room finder, it's really helpful!

Otherwise, you got a fantastic upgrade, enjoy!
Thank you for the great tips! We are used to POR so we understand the importance of location, I will see if we are able to make any requests! We will have a car so if the bus is too difficult at least we have that option. Sorry for your cancelled trip, we had a cruise cancelled during all of this, so I know the disappointment.

Villa - sorry. I am guessing the cash resort rooms will not be open even though Beach Club will be because they did not offer that to me. (I was booked in a Yacht Club hotel room)
may I please ask what type of villa they offer you ? Standard? Deluxe? One bedroom?

may I please ask what type of villa they offer you ? Standard? Deluxe? One bedroom?

Just standard studio. So roughly the same value as the yacht club room we had... Probably will end up cancelling if the stormalong bay closure does not change. Will give it a couple weeks at least before we decide.

Just standard studio. So roughly the same value as the yacht club room we had... Probably will end up cancelling if the stormalong bay closure does not change. Will give it a couple weeks at least before we decide.
But with YC you get two queen beds and BC studio you get a pullout and a queen. My teenage daughters would never give me any peace if I made them spend 8 nights on a pullout lol!

But with YC you get two queen beds and BC studio you get a pullout and a queen. My teenage daughters would never give me any peace if I made them spend 8 nights on a pullout lol!
With DVC you don't get 2 actual beds in most units until you go up to a 2 bedroom. I want to say only OKW studio has 2 queen beds. You could maybe count the murphey bed in Riviera but i think that's it.

The BC studio has the queen bed, double sleeper sofa, and the pull down bed under the tv. They may enjoy not having to share a bed with anyone.

With DVC you don't get 2 actual beds in most units until you go up to a 2 bedroom. I want to say only OKW studio has 2 queen beds. You could maybe count the murphey bed in Riviera but i think that's it.
Yeah , I know. Saw some 2queen studio at Copper Creek but I think they were deluxe. I will have to wait and see what get offered and decide from there 🤞🏻🤞🏻

RIV studio now had the queen Murphy bed which has the same mattress as the queen bed. The renovated studios at SSR in Congress Park have them too. Eventually all SSR will and I am sure as renovations happen, the rest of DVC will get them.

I just got off of the phone for our stay beginning 7/4. We were booked at CBR in a standard room. We were moved to OKW 2 bedroom villa. I did not have to wait on hold for more than a few minutes and that was when the Special Teams CM was confirming that she was changing our reservation correctly.

I'm not familiar at all with OKW, is this a good trade? I know the room will be larger, but don't really know what else to expect!
Did you call Disney or did they call you? I confirmed our June 24-July 1 CBR stay via the email they sent out on Saturday. The confirmation screen said Disney would contact me shortly and I haven’t heard anything yet.

So I’m a concerned about Disney’s communication with there phone CM’a I asked about my not real July 1st reservation and after calling 4 times 2 times they told me I had to pay to be moved 1 time they put in motion the transfer and the last time they said they could take care of it there. Not saying anything shady but kinda Strange they all wouldn’t know and when I questioned the one she was for sure about the fee

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter