• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Resale Resorts Riv eligibility

We also didn't really have a say whether we were buying at Kidani or Jambo (in fact, I'm not sure you get to choose even if buying direct)
You can request it and if they have the points, they can give it to you. We bought 2 small add-ons over a period and was able to request it to be deeded to Jambo House. We have 3 resale contracts, too, and so now have 2 contracts on Kidani and 3 in Jambo, but most of our points are actually in Kidani (as one resale contract is 120 points). I would be really unhappy if they split them for that reason; though I'd be happy if more of Jambo became DVC.

We have had reports of changes being made to the DVC website regarding points over the past two week. At first it was reported that borrowing resale points required calling in and had to be approved by a manager. That turned out to be untrue, as direct points were also affected by the borrowing issue, but it appeared something strange was going on. Maybe they have already been working on updating the system behind the scenes to accommodate this change.

Is anyone with a restricted contract willing to call member services and try to book a Riviera stay?

I tried to do it online today and it would not show my BLT points as an option. This was just bought in July so there has been no offical change and resale points are still no eligible for RIV.

We have had reports of changes being made to the DVC website regarding points over the past two week. At first it was reported that borrowing resale points required calling in and had to be approved by a manager. That turned out to be untrue, as direct points were also affected by the borrowing issue, but it appeared something strange was going on. Maybe they have already been working on updating the system behind the scenes to accommodate this change.
Some of the changes being made on the website also have to do with Transferred points and One time use points now show up under ur membership.

My concern would be if they try to change AKL/AKV to being considered two different home resorts. When we bought, it was under the terms that both were one resort and we got home resort booking advantage at either one.

We didn't really have a say whether we were buying at Kidani or Jambo. It was just whichever one the contract happened to be for, and we were told it didn't matter because it was all one resort (in fact, I'm not sure you get to choose even if buying direct).

If they change to only being able to book Kidani with Kidani points at 11 months and vice versa with Jambo, that will cause quite a stir.

If there is to be a change with AKV specifically impacting which resort is available to book with your points, I can’t imagine it would be enforced retroactively. I’m sure it would be going forward if at all.

I saw that message for a while that they were basically updating some things on the website. I can’t remember the exact wording, but it said they were working on some things and was very vague.

My concern would be if they try to change AKL/AKV to being considered two different home resorts. When we bought, it was under the terms that both were one resort and we got home resort booking advantage at either one.

We didn't really have a say whether we were buying at Kidani or Jambo. It was just whichever one the contract happened to be for, and we were told it didn't matter because it was all one resort (in fact, I'm not sure you get to choose even if buying direct).

If they change to only being able to book Kidani with Kidani points at 11 months and vice versa with Jambo, that will cause quite a stir.

This is my concern as well. Curious to hear everyone’s thoughts on the AKV split?

When you go to special offers tab in you profile to request add on points, has it always listed jambo and kidani as two separate options? I recently was given my points and made my first reservation, but i was poking around the request more info section and noticed that. Is that something new or is it always listed that way? just curious

That I am not sure of to be honest, When buying AKV, you were always deeded one of them, but it was in the same condo association so it did not matter,

It is like I am deeded at a specific building at SSR but still able to book them all.

Those of you checking today and seeing No Availability with your resale points at RIV try again tomorrow.... Pete Werner made an excellent point that 10/1 is the beginning of the new fiscal year at Disney. It would make sense that this change would possibly go into effect after 10/1....

I bought VGC after 1/19/19 and cannot see Riviera as a choice to book. Sigh.

Those of you checking today and seeing No Availability with your resale points at RIV try again tomorrow.... Pete Werner made an excellent point that 10/1 is the beginning of the new fiscal year at Disney. It would make sense that this change would possibly go into effect after 10/1....
Pete is usually so spot on with these things! But alas the current fiscal for Disney ends 10/3 and the new one starts 10/4. See for example this Press Release. Disney fiscal years always start on a Sunday - a common practice in retail but unusual in most other sectors like travel and entertainment.

I hope your cheap VGC contracts will help ease the pain!
It does, it does! I just really, really want what Reflections was offering, a wilderness theme with a variety of specialty rooms (Cabins, Treehouses), studios through GVs, AND A LAZY RIVER. (Though honestly I want it more of a Wilderness/Craftsman style a la VWL/CCV & VGC than "modern.") I do wish Disney was more creative with its pools, and included more lazy rivers at their resorts. :)

I tried on both my white card logins, can't see RIV. That's what I get for getting excited about some really, vague sloppy phrasing in someone else's contract.

And I agree Reflections as such is dead. If they need more DVC to sell, which won't happen for a looong time at this rate, they will convert something.

It does, it does! I just really, really want what Reflections was offering, a wilderness theme with a variety of specialty rooms (Cabins, Treehouses), studios through GVs, AND A LAZY RIVER. (Though honestly I want it more of a Wilderness/Craftsman style a la VWL/CCV & VGC than "modern.") I do wish Disney was more creative with its pools, and included more lazy rivers at their resorts. :)

just call it Disneys River Country resort and build it around a massive and fun pool with lazy river and other attractions like a souped up Beach Club pool and have no restrictions, keeping a wilderness type forest theme and the product would sell itself ,it would sell super fast and I’d buy myself.

I do wish Disney was more creative with its pools, and included more lazy rivers at their resorts. :)

You need some Margaritaville in your life! I was really impressed at a (non-Orlando) one. And Margaritaville had recently added Good Neighbor status, before Fast Pass got taken away.

just call it Disneys River Country resort and build it around a massive and fun pool with lazy river and other attractions like a souped up Beach Club pool and have no restrictions, keeping a wilderness type forest theme and the product would sell itself ,it would sell super fast and I’d buy myself.
YES! I want that! And a fun activities center, and a few firepit areas about the resort for the evenings. TAKE MY MONEY.

Same! Our contract says Jambo. I would think that if they change it we would be grandfathered in.

I'm in the process of trying to buy direct. Called to confirm the date, they said October 19th is the minimum blue card goes up on. I asked about this Riviera resale stuff, they said they think this is just a clerical error and they have not been told anything.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter