Resale Company? Recommendations, please!

I have a question: when looking at the various companies and availabilities, it says "use year", that means you have to plan to stay at Disney during that month, correct? So if I purchase something that says "use year - October", I can't go in November?

I have a question: when looking at the various companies and availabilities, it says "use year", that means you have to plan to stay at Disney during that month, correct? So if I purchase something that says "use year - October", I can't go in November?

No, Use Year (UY) determines when your points are available and when they need to be banked if not used. For an Oct UY a given year's points are made available on October 1st. Every year you own the contract your points become available on Oct 1st. There are also banking and borrowing deadlines determined by UY. But, you can travel any time of year on points.

No, Use Year (UY) determines when your points are available and when they need to be banked if not used. For an Oct UY a given year's points are made available on October 1st. Every year you own the contract your points become available on Oct 1st. There are also banking and borrowing deadlines determined by UY. But, you can travel any time of year on points.

Ah thank you. Also when you select your "home resort" your given priority to that resort when available? I've read after a certain period of time after home resort availability expires, its then open to all other DVC members no matter where their "home resort" is. Not sure if I have that correct or not.

Ah thank you. Also when you select your "home resort" your given priority to that resort when available? I've read after a certain period of time after home resort availability expires, its then open to all other DVC members no matter where their "home resort" is. Not sure if I have that correct or not.

Yes, that part is correct. At 11 months from the first day of a given reservation only those who own at a given resort can make a reservation there. At 7 months from the same date, access opens to all DVC members for the rest of the rooms available. There are many strategies for selecting a home resort, but the most common theme here would be to buy where you wouldn't mind staying in the event you are not able to find anything you like to trade into at 7 months.

Yes, that part is correct. At 11 months from the first day of a given reservation only those who own at a given resort can make a reservation there. At 7 months from the same date, access opens to all DVC members for the rest of the rooms available. There are many strategies for selecting a home resort, but the most common theme here would be to buy where you wouldn't mind staying in the event you are not able to find anything you like to trade into at 7 months.

thank you! :)

I'm sorry I'm learning all this for the first time and not even sure I'm posting on the correct post but figured I'll try here again -- do I have to have ALL my points available/banked in order to book the room? Or as long as I know the UY is in October prior to our November stay, it'll be fine?

I'm sorry I'm learning all this for the first time and not even sure I'm posting on the correct post but figured I'll try here again -- do I have to have ALL my points available/banked in order to book the room? Or as long as I know the UY is in October prior to our November stay, it'll be fine?

I think I would leave this one for another who is more experienced in this part. I have not yet had to borrow for a reservation so I am not as well versed in this area. However, I would say it has been addressed in other threads. A quick search for banking and borrowing should reveal good information.

I think I would leave this one for another who is more experienced in this part. I have not yet had to borrow for a reservation so I am not as well versed in this area. However, I would say it has been addressed in other threads. A quick search for banking and borrowing should reveal good information.

Thank you :)

The points need to be available at the time the reservation starts. You can make the reservation prior to the points being in your account. You just have to watch the booking window, 11 months for home resort or 7 for other resorts.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter