Resale Company? Recommendations, please!

mrsap

DIS Veteran
Hello, would love to hear what company you have used for resale and were happy with. Thanks!!

Last edited:
Are you thinking of buying or selling? The ones I used for buying were great because they tend to be cheapest, I wouldn’t use them for selling for the same reason. :-)

I remember reading about a company who gave you the ability to track your progress online. Does anyone know who that was?

I’ve never heard of them. Sorry! I used Fidelity and had no problems. It was my first purchase so I can’t really compare them to anyone. I was looking at around 7-8 companies to see who had the right contract at the right price. I think they were all the most popular ones.

We just bought our first resale after previously buying direct. We used Jason at The Timeshare store and can't say enough about how great he was! I would send him an email with a question and would have a response back within minutes! Our process from offer to points in our account was 45 days or something like that! Highly recommend!

We just bought our first resale after previously buying direct. We used Jason at The Timeshare store and can't say enough about how great he was! I would send him an email with a question and would have a response back within minutes! Our process from offer to points in our account was 45 days or something like that! Highly recommend!
Used The Timeshare Store and they were great

Wow! Impressive!!!

I've used "The Timeshare Store" to both buy and sell contracts. I thought they were easy to work with and pretty responsive. Haven't had much experience with the other resellers, so I can't comment on them. Good luck!

If you are looking for "any" contract that is the best deal, then I think Fidelity is the way to go. Even with their added closing fee, they tend to have the lowest prices for most things.

If you want a very specific thing, then I might go with one of the others mentioned above. I think some of them have a better selection at a slightly higher price point.

From my research, Fidelity seems to have them priced a bit lower than the rest -- but might not have what you want. For a guy like me that just wanted the best deal at the best price (which, for me, is Saratoga Springs), then Fidelity made the most sense. (Bought one from them in October that just closed two weeks ago and just submitted another offer today that we think should go through.)

Based on what people said on here I was looking at resales DVC By Resale and The Timeshare Store. I ended up finding a SSR Contract with The Timeshare Store that was too hard to pass up, 160 points at $95 a point. I called them last Tuesday at 10am, applied for financing, made the offer, the seller accepted it, and it went to ROFR at 4:30pm.

We tried Fidelity a year ago when we bought our first resale contract and it wasn't a great experience. We've since bought a contract through DVC resale market and we are in the middle of our second. Disney took one from us yesterday at 5:00pm and by 9:00 we had papers to sign for a different contract. It means a lot to me that our agent worked late to hopefully get our contract to ROFR before the deadline for the new restrictions :)

I should also add that I REALLY appreciate DVC resale market for all the data analysis that they do. I think it's a great information and I'm grateful that they make it public. I don't think any other broker publishers their ROFR data.

Emailed him, thanks!!!!

Last edited:
I used Shontell at DVC by Resale and was very impressed. She was always willing to answer my silly questions (my 4th contract, but 1st resale), and was quick to keep me updated on status.

If you are looking for a specific contract, I would get on the email lists of all of the major players and watch for what you are looking for.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter