Reporting images on google

I search stuff all the time on google and have never found anything remotely illegal. Strange how it seems to randomly choose certain people. There must be something in your search that tells the algorithm to direct you to these places 🤷🏻 …or past search history tied to your ip address or whatever they use. Do you share internet in your household?

And if it falls into one of those categories, then what? I disagree with the idea it is a waste, we waste a lot more on a lot less

I'm walking away from what is a peculiar dialogue on this thread
Just let the local police know. They will know who to refer you to if they don't have a department dealing with Internet crime.

It popped up as a meme so to whom exactly would this be reported, no reason to think this this is local and how would this be reported, is there a link to share links to be flagged? Actually the act of viewing a disturbing things is illegal so taking a snapshot is also definitely wrong, seems a catch 22.

Popped up where? Report it to site administrators.

Nope, you missed the point.
One (meaning me, I suppose, in third person) does not "not expect" to find such things, one does, however, expect to have a way to report "things".
What are you reporting and who are you reporting to about something on the internet? There is no internet police. Anyone can put anything they want on the internet. Search engines do just that, they search. They will show you whatever you searched for. Unless you have safe search on for example, don't have your 3 year old on Google Image search looking up animal pictures. Giraffe... Elephant... Lion... Beaver, oops.

How is this all supposed to work? My question is how does a person flag a thing that is illegal in the country I'm viewing from? How are we in 2022 and there is no easy way to flag an image for review because it appears to be illegal? Isn't this someone or some groups job and shouldn't there be a quick way to do this without wading into mud because I'm not following a freak?

I just read the US stands to collect around 1.58 trillion in taxes this year, you'd think it would buy a button on the internet to protect people because all the ads seem to have figured it out....

It was not obvious from your OP that you were referring to images which display 'activities' or whatever that are illegal (for example, pictures depicting child abuse).

There isn't any big governmental mega-group policing the Internet. Never has been.

However, your country's local/national law enforcement would be a good place to start if you wanted to report a photo which you think is illegal in your area.

OK, again, not the point, it seems the website would know so why report to the offending party that they are offensive? I was under the impression that Google and such are expected to thwart this sort of thing considering kids do searches.

It's not that my feelings got a boo boo, it looked like child abuse so is preventing this not an obligation? Do people really just ignore everything?

Google (in the United States) doesn't censor their search results outside of clearly illegal content, or when there are reports of copyright violations. The only exception is if SafeSearch is turned on, and they have automatic filters to filter out adult content.

And if it falls into one of those categories, then what? I disagree with the idea it is a waste, we waste a lot more on a lot less

I'm walking away from what is a peculiar dialogue on this thread
Oh please, you are walking away because you posted something ridiculous and was called on it!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter