Renting for 2021

Steelcityfanatic

Earning My Ears
Hey guys! My wife and I are looking to head to WDW in early 2021 and I recently sent a reservation request (it’s a tad early but they will hold it). However, upon sending my receipt, they also informed me of potential point shortages. I want to make sure I do my due diligence in reserving a room and I was wondering if any of you have had experiences with this? What is your typical success rate when trying to rent 11 months out? We are looking at January after the marathon. Should I be putting any contingency plans in place? Are they typically able to lock in a resort or is it pretty hit or miss? Thanks in advance for any help you can give us! Already counting down to 2021!😄

I haven't rented through an agency, so I'm sorry I can't help you with that. Just want to put out there, that you can rent from an owner who already has the points, so there won't be a shortage. I have rented from individual owners multiple times.

Last year we booked with a rental company and went smooth as butter. This time i tried and they were very short on points. Waited almost 2 months no availability. So I ended up stalking here and getting points from a fellow diser.

We've had luck getting the resort and room type we want when renting points through an agency the past 2 years, but we've had to be flexible on dates. We rented the rooms 11 months out both times. We do 5 night trips, and it did seem like it would have been much harder to get a full week.

Hey guys! My wife and I are looking to head to WDW in early 2021 and I recently sent a reservation request (it’s a tad early but they will hold it). However, upon sending my receipt, they also informed me of potential point shortages. I want to make sure I do my due diligence in reserving a room and I was wondering if any of you have had experiences with this? What is your typical success rate when trying to rent 11 months out? We are looking at January after the marathon. Should I be putting any contingency plans in place? Are they typically able to lock in a resort or is it pretty hit or miss? Thanks in advance for any help you can give us! Already counting down to 2021!😄
Your biggest obstacle will be whether the broker has any owners for the resort(s) you’ve requested. Smaller resorts have fewer owners and even less who are looking to rent out their points. You are also looking at MLK day and Pro Bowl weekend in the latter part of January, which can contribute to a lack of availability.

I’d say that your chances are good for SSR, OKW and AKV-Kidani. Your chances are slimmer for the others but not in the impossible range.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter