• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Renting BLT (3 reservations) - question

AllyReggie

Turkey Leg Hunter
Hey guys,
I am nearly certain I know the answer to this question, but my searches all come with very old answers, so just in case I am appealing to all your great knowledge!

Family is going to WDW for Grandma's 90th B-day (Oct 9-18) and renting points for a 2bedroom BLT. However we have three reservations.

When we pulled the trigger, a Fireworks view 2bedroom was available for all but 2 of our days. Since we really want that, we opted for Lake View for the two other days:

Stay 1 10-9 check out 10-10 Fireworks 2b BLT
Stay 2 10-10 check out 10-12 Lake 2b BLT
Stay 3 10-12 check out 10-18 Fireworks 2b BLT

I have made it EXPLICITLY clear to everyone in the planning committee that there is zero chance of a change to our reservation that puts us in the same room the whole stay, and everyone is fine with that, we aren't worried about the room changes, I have planned the time into our touring.

But I am curious if Disney sees DVC the same way they see cash reservations and attempt to optimize them for mousekeeping and what not? This trip now has multiple mousekeeping visits when it really only should have 1-2 right? Is there any universe where we wait to check in IN PERSON and someone finds a way to put us in the same Fireworks view room the whole stay? Even for a cash charge?

I know the answer is probably a no, I am just curious if anyone who rents points has had experience with a multi-room in same resort stay and what, if anything happens in that situation, do they make checking in and out any easier? Is there a method to doing that less stressful for everyone? Ever had a magical upgrade or offer for a cash pay upgrade while renting points?

I am just curious on your thoughts!

But I am curious if Disney sees DVC the same way they see cash reservations and attempt to optimize them for mousekeeping and what not? This trip now has multiple mousekeeping visits when it really only should have 1-2 right? Is there any universe where we wait to check in IN PERSON and someone finds a way to put us in the same Fireworks view room the whole stay? Even for a cash charge?
DVC rooms can't be upgraded using cash and no complimentary upgrades. If they changed stay 2 at check in to Theme Park View, the member would be charged additional points.

Hey guys,
I am nearly certain I know the answer to this question, but my searches all come with very old answers, so just in case I am appealing to all your great knowledge!

Family is going to WDW for Grandma's 90th B-day (Oct 9-18) and renting points for a 2bedroom BLT. However we have three reservations.

When we pulled the trigger, a Fireworks view 2bedroom was available for all but 2 of our days. Since we really want that, we opted for Lake View for the two other days:

Stay 1 10-9 check out 10-10 Fireworks 2b BLT
Stay 2 10-10 check out 10-12 Lake 2b BLT
Stay 3 10-12 check out 10-18 Fireworks 2b BLT

I have made it EXPLICITLY clear to everyone in the planning committee that there is zero chance of a change to our reservation that puts us in the same room the whole stay, and everyone is fine with that, we aren't worried about the room changes, I have planned the time into our touring.

I know the answer is probably a no, I am just curious if anyone who rents points has had experience with a multi-room in same resort stay and what, if anything happens in that situation, do they make checking in and out any easier? Is there a method to doing that less stressful for everyone? Ever had a magical upgrade or offer for a cash pay upgrade while renting points?

I am just curious on your thoughts!
You will have to move. The reason that you couldn't get the theme park view in the middle of your stay is because they are all booked up. Someone else is scheduled to be in your room for those nights.

Thanks guys, that's what I figured, I just wasn't sure with COVID protocols what sort of changes people have experienced. Seeing as I've heard the resorts aren't working at full capacity due to limited mousekeeping I was sort of curious what sort of analytics they do to compare the difficulty of having to clean 3 rooms vs 1 in this very weird time.

As I said, I know full well we are going to move around, we are totally fine with that. It's what we booked after all!

I think that is probably a good sign that they are full! It means Disney is getting enough Mousekeepers back to turn over the rooms and things are moving towards our new normal. My original musing was that there are a bunch of rooms vacant because they don't have enough Mousekeepers and so... Does Disney try and optimize those reservations in DVC right now in these strange times? Probably not it sounds like, as there probably is little to gain from it especially if the place is truly full!

Thanks guys, that's what I figured, I just wasn't sure with COVID protocols what sort of changes people have experienced. Seeing as I've heard the resorts aren't working at full capacity due to limited mousekeeping I was sort of curious what sort of analytics they do to compare the difficulty of having to clean 3 rooms vs 1 in this very weird time.

DVC are not operating at a reduced capacity.

Does Disney try and optimize those reservations in DVC right now in these strange times?
No.

Also, want to add, that even just asking can cause an issue for the owners as they would get charged the points if it was done.

So, as already mentioned, plan for you to be switching the rooms.

I've heard the resorts aren't working at full capacity due to limited mousekeeping
Once the DVC resorts reopened, being timeshares they were legally required to open at full capacity. They weren't booked to full capacity a year ago, but they are now, whether or not they have the staff to provide services at prepandemic levels.

Also, want to add, that even just asking can cause an issue for the owners as they would get charged the points if it was done.

So, as already mentioned, plan for you to be switching the rooms.
Definitely not trying to cause problems for the DVC owner! Just wasn't sure what if anything had changed or affected the DVC resorts because of the pandemic and if that had changed anything about how they handle reservations.

Honestly it's good to know if hasn't changed anything, it means I was right to tell everyone from the jump no changes would happen!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter