Rent an RV vs. a cabin

Stars In The Night

Earning My Ears
What is the cheapest place to rent an RV from? We need an RV that has a real bedroom, and have it set up and ready for us when we get there. So far everything I'm seeing by googling, it looks like it would be cheaper to rent a cabin?

Hi Stars In The Night, check out the thread Travel Trailer Rental that Corgidad started. I have rented from the person who he recommended a few times and have had a great experience, he is also cheaper than anyone else and the Trailer he rents is like brand new inside and out.

Yes the Trailer has a very nice bedroom with a door that closes, also plenty of wardrobe space for all your clothes. When I got the information from Corgidad I sent the person an email and he replied with all the information and pictures of the Trailer inside and outside. I just looked and the post is still on the first page at near the bottom.

I haven't rented a camper before, but I think, depending on season, getting a site and renting a camper does come out close to the price of a cabin. At that point it comes down to what you want out of your stay. Camping is fun and different, if you have never done it before. Campers are slightly different than a house or cabin though. Most things are down sized a little. Refrigerator, bathrooms, sinks. Toilets work a little different (foot pedal to flush). None of it is a big deal as long as you are aware of it going in.

Staying in a camper feels a little more like "camping", but a cabin or an RV will still put you at the Fort with all the fun there to enjoy.

If I was going to spend the same money, I'd probably go for a cabin. They look pretty neat and it would be something different for us.

j

We have always rented a cabin and I agree that they will be about the same in price with the discounts. The cabins also have more room, housekeeping, a dishwasher and a ice maker.

We've rented a camper through Greenberg for our trip in July. I think it's called the Trailblazer. It does have a separate bedroom.

It's costing just under $200 per night with camper and full hookup site. A cabin was over $350 per night.

Last edited:

The one drawback I noticed when looking at cabins is that they are all pretty far away from the MK boat dock and Trail's End. We considered a camper since there were loops that were closer to those amenities without using transportation or having to rent a cart.

The one drawback I noticed when looking at cabins is that they are all pretty far away from the MK boat dock and Trail's End.
While this is true, there is "Bus" transportation constantly running around the Fort, plus you can rent a golf cart (or bring your own). That being said, some of the sites are ALSO pretty far away from the boat dock and Trail's End, so in the end, it just depends on what is important to you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter