Remy's Ratatouille Adventure and Motion Sickness *SPOILERS*

Ahhh the dreaded Simpsons ride. Makes my husband and me so sick!
Isn't the Simpsons ride spinning the majority of the time? Isn't it called something like "Twirl and Hurl" (or do people just call it that to be funny)? I would never try to ride that!

Thank you for the warning. I have a big group going and I have been going thru what folks and ride and what they cant. I was assuming this was going to be not more than the jerky movement of Dinosaur.

Really appreciate the honesty.
If it helps - my daughter loves Dinosaur. Doesn't get sick at all.

Funny I am terrible with some motion rides but not all. The old Back to the Future ride at Universal killed me, and I can't do Soaring, but ill go on Star Tours time and time again. Don't do coasters either.

Expedition Everest
Rock n Roller Coaster
Star Tours
Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey (at Universal, I know)
Thank you! Forbidden Journey is a definite "NEVER AGAIN" for me as well. I rode it once and the ride stopped for a few minutes. Despite this, the freaking vehicle kept repeating its up and down actions. It took me everything not to throw up. I can "handle" Rock n Roller Coaster but it's not pleasant. Expedition Everest really screwed me up last time, but it was without Sea Bands so I'm willing to give it one last shot with them. Star Tours is also a never again for me as well. Sounds like Remy is a pass for sure.

Isn't the Simpsons ride spinning the majority of the time? Isn't it called something like "Twirl and Hurl" (or do people just call it that to be funny)? I would never try to ride that!
There's a Dumbo-like spinner called Kang and Kodos' Twirl & Hurl in Springfield as well.

There seems to be a lot of concern about "spinning" in this thread. When I did it in Paris I didn't notice any significant amount of spinning. The theme of the attraction is that you are Remy being chased through the kitchen. Your ride vehicle dashes from place to place, only occasionally having to turn around and go the other direction. Its not like you are constantly spinning around.

There seems to be a lot of concern about "spinning" in this thread. When I did it in Paris I didn't notice any significant amount of spinning. The theme of the attraction is that you are Remy being chased through the kitchen. Your ride vehicle dashes from place to place, only occasionally having to turn around and go the other direction. Its not like you are constantly spinning around.

This.

The spinning reports in this thread are exaggerated. The ride has a lot of motion but it’s not spinning.

Thanks for the warning. I have ear issues so am prone to motion sickness (got it during the Canada show…seriously). I use Dramamine on days I think I’ll need it. Didn’t even occur to me I might need it for Remy.

I'm in that same boat. Mission Space had me reaching for the sick sack.

Thanks for the tip. You just saved me an Individual Attraction Selection. :rolleyes1

I have also ridden the Remy ride in DLP and don't remember spinning. It was fast and jerked you in different directions because you are a rat that is trying to get away from humans etc. It is a lot of fun! I will say however, that my husband and daughter who have the motion sickness issues both felt sick afterwards. They were sick on the Simpsons ride as well as star tours.
Dramamine for those 2 for sure, they want to ride, but it ruins the rest of the day if they get sick. Good Luck!

I thought the Simpsons ride at Universal IS the Back To The Future ride. They just rethemed it. But I haven’t ridden either version. (I can’t even ride Dumbo.)

Good to know. If my mom comes with us eventually, I'll be letting her know!

I rode Remy in DLP, and will not be riding it in Epcot. I don't remember it spinning, but it was very jerky, and combined with the 3D effects, I had to focus on not being sick.

If it helps - my daughter loves Dinosaur. Doesn't get sick at all.
I have two members with Vertigo. One was able to tell me she cannot do the Simpsons ride so that gave me a great base to work with. Knowing this helps me plan so no one ends up out of commission for the day due to one wrong ride.

Would you say the Remy ride has more spinning than TSM?
My daughter said that there was *one segment* where the ride vehicle was "spinning around and around". That one segment made her sick. She said prior the spin, she felt nauseous (we believe it was due to the 3D visuals plus the motion of the ride vehicle). She can ride TSM all day long with no problem and loves it.

You are correct. Not constantly spinning. As originally reported, my CM daughter said that there is one segment where the ride vehicle spins around and around. One segment. Prior to that, she was nauseous throughout the ride (likely due to the 3D glasses/trackless vehicle motion). When the spin happened, she became instantly ill. As mentioned earlier, I'm in a DCP/CM Parents group and reports of motion sickness on Remy are coming in thick and fast. I originally posted this thread simply as a warning to folks with serious motion sickness (like me) that might want a "heads up" before moving heaven and earth to get a ride on Remy.

I have two members with Vertigo. One was able to tell me she cannot do the Simpsons ride so that gave me a great base to work with. Knowing this helps me plan so no one ends up out of commission for the day due to one wrong ride.

I have issues with simpsons and minions but not fop, because the video\3d part and the ride part don't connect. It seems like you're on a rollercoaster on simpsons but it doesn't work for my brain. Minions I can close my eyes in parts and be ok, I just skip Simpson's now. I had no issues on rat and we did it several times in Paris.

I have an inner ear issue that can lead to vertigo if I don't manage it. I do also hit my limit of screen stuff at UO and just can't do more even if I don't have issues. I take meclizine (dramamine) daily at the parks. Keeps my issue away and lets me do ToT.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter