Remy's & MMRR - Motion Sickness

Kevin1281

Mouseketeer
How bad are Remy's & MMRR for people prone to motion sickness? We rode FOP for the first time on our last trip back in 2019. My then 72-year-old father-in-law was down for the count for the next 2 hours. He did fine with Soarin' though. Do Remy's & MMRR fall somewhere in between FOP & Soarin'?

I'm not super prone to motion sickness - Soarin' and FOP don't bother me at all, neither does MMRR. Really Mission Space is the only ride I just cannot ride. However, Remy does get to me - not terrible, but I usually feel sick for maybe 10-15 minutes after.

I don’t motion sickness very often - Mission Space Orange was unpleasant but I didn’t get sick- but Remy gets me just a little in one spot. I now know it’s there, so close my eyes briefly (it’s on a turn when you shoot backward) and I’m fine. It’s definitely less intense than FOP, more in line with Rise of the Resistance.

My wife deals with motion sickness and has problems with the following:

Always (has quit riding these):

Star Tours
Smuggler's Run
Alien Space Saucer Spin
Teacups
Mission Space

Sometimes (still rides it and it's hit or miss)

Flight of Passage

She has only rode Ratatouille once and she said it was starting to get to her, but nothing bad. Would definitely ride it again. She was fine on MMRR.

In terms of intensity, I’d say they’re a more intense, longer and more advanced Winnie the Pooh ride. Which is to say not much at all, but I know everyone is different. They both do have a short motion simulation sequence, but the cars don’t do any sort of drops or anything.

Maybe watch bits and pieces of a ride through of the attraction on YouTube?

Remy bothered me a little. MMRR didn’t at all. I don’t want to spoil anything but I closed my eyes and it was fine.

How bad are Remy's & MMRR for people prone to motion sickness? We rode FOP for the first time on our last trip back in 2019. My then 72-year-old father-in-law was down for the count for the next 2 hours. He did fine with Soarin' though. Do Remy's & MMRR fall somewhere in between FOP & Soarin'?
Some people suffer more from the giant screens and minimal actual movement, such as FOP.

Riding in a moving car that goes past giant screens may be easier for some because the movement is real.

Remy and MMRR both have cars that move smoothly amongst big screens. I would think if they can do Soarin they would be fine, but this is such a personal thing.

I had no issues at all on MMRR, but I did on Remy. It's because Remy has a 3D element added to it. I didn't get so sick that I couldn't quickly recover, but it was noticeable.

I got horribly sick on FOP - never again!!! I’m mostly OK on Soarin but close my eyes at some
points. I had to close my eyes for about half of Remy. I was OK on MMRR. Does he really want to go on these rides? I go on them for my kids but as someone who gets motion sick I can tell you I hate them. My point is don’t pressure him into riding stuff that will make him sick because being motion sick is the opposite of fun.

I got horribly sick on FOP - never again!!! I’m mostly OK on Soarin but close my eyes at some
points. I had to close my eyes for about half of Remy. I was OK on MMRR. Does he really want to go on these rides? I go on them for my kids but as someone who gets motion sick I can tell you I hate them. My point is don’t pressure him into riding stuff that will make him sick because being motion sick is the opposite of fun.
He will not be devastated if he can't go on these rides. I just don't want him missing out on stuff that everyone else will be doing, if it is in fact something he can handle. No one will be pressuring him to do anything. He will be just as happy sitting in the shade or AC somewhere.

Remy was very bad for me. It's a pretty jerky ride. I ended up having to look down at my legs to keep from getting too dizzy. Soarin' and MMRR don't bother me.

I have no issues with Soarin (other than the heights thing). FOP makes me sick and I did have trouble on Remy. No issues on MMRR but it does whip you around a bit

I get sickish on FoP, don't actually throw up but do feel a little woozy when I get off. I just don't ride it any more. I didn't have any problems with Remy, not sure why since it should have bothered me. I have no issues at all on Soarin. MMRR doesn't make me sick at all but there is one part that jerks the car around a lot and that does hurt my neck. I can't ride Star Tours but can ride MF (don't because I'm usually solo but can). No Mission Space either.

I have just started getting sick on Star Tours and Smuggler’s Run. I’m good on Soaring. We are going to WDW for the first time. we are also doing Universal. I’m debating getting a relief band for the trip.

I agree with many posters here. Remy's just seems to have some spots that can cause the stomach to turn just a little bit! I don't think Remy's is anything like FOP, Soarin', or MMRR in that regard. Those other attractions have never been an issue for us - but everyone is different!

Star Tours always makes me nauseous but I can handle it. FoP gets me a little at a couple places but nothing terrible. The only part of Mission Space that bothers me is the leveling out when entering Mars's atmosphere. I have no problem with Soarin.

MMRR was fun and cute and didn't induce any motion sickness.

Rat was so horrible I couldn't look at the screens at all. The backward sequence was the worst but the entire thing was really bad for me. I have no desire to ride again, ever.

I always say, things wooshing by me make me sick. The space scene at the end of Buzz Lightyears Space Ranger Spin is challenging. I can ride Soarin but havent even tried FOP. I have been on Remy's twice and I closed my eyes through 90%, I would be sick if I didnt, even taking meclizine. I have been on MMRR four times, there is one scene *spoiler alert* (the water fall) that I close my eyes for but I am fine on MMRR and enjoy it.

No issues on MMRR (I’ve done it several times now, love it so much !) I can do Soarin no problem… FOP has only recently started bothering me.

But Remy really really threw me .. I only did it once and spent nearly the whole time with my eyes closed. I won’t do it again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter