Remy's & MMRR - Motion Sickness

Thank you for all the responses. So it sounds like Remy's is out for him, but MMRR is likely doable.

I have just started getting sick on Star Tours and Smuggler’s Run. I’m good on Soaring. We are going to WDW for the first time. we are also doing Universal. I’m debating getting a relief band for the trip.

I got a Relief Band for the first time on our recent trip and liked it a lot. I can't say it was 100% foolproof, but I didn't feel bad after my usual suspects (Smuggler's Run almost killed me last year).

As to the original topic, I'm with most people on MMRR - it's totally fine for me (though the Daisy section always rattles me around a bit). I only rode Remy once but don't remember having any particular issues. FWIW, Soarin' and FOP don't bother me at all.

I am prone to motion sickness and take Bonine (25mg meclizine) every day when we are at Disney. I cannot ride FOP At All. I have tried twice, one time with both a scope patch and the Bonine. I just hunker down and close my eyes the entire time. I have ridden Mission Space/Green once, and had to close my eyes on occasion but for the most part was OK on the ride. I get somewhat queasy on TSMM; mostly I have to close my eyes or focus on my knees when the vehicle swings around corners. On MMRR, I was OK most of the time. There are a couple of scenes when I had to close my eyes, but it didn't make me sick and I could open them again when the scene ended. Soarin... I have to be careful, sometimes it makes me feel a little swirly but if I close my eyes, it passes. I have not ridden Remy- not sure...

I have bad motion sickness but Bonine enables me to get on everything just fine, did have to close my eyes on Remy at some parts though

I also use Bonine. I do not have issues on either Remy or MMRR so long as I use it.

For someone his age, the jerkiness and sudden reversals along with that down drop may be worse if he has any arthritis or backaches.

My aging back did not enjoy those speedy reversals much.

I'm not usually spooked by theme park rides, but I found the 3D effects somewhat unnerving. I've no interest in repeating that ride ever.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter