Regarding adding days to 10 day tickets

I don't post anything here that I wouldn't tell a guest in front of me at a booth. I wouldn't tell a guest this information unless they directly asked about it, therefore I haven't posted it here until it came up in this thread. I don't think I generally reply to threads asking questions about this, for this reason. I believe I have given the advice to ask a hotel concierge for options on long trips, though. :)

UK 21-day tickets are an exception to the 14-day expire rule, much like the FL resident 3 and 4 day Select tickets that expire 6 months from first use. Those are special cases for unique guest markets and not standard MYW tickets.

I don't post anything here that I wouldn't tell a guest in front of me at a booth. I wouldn't tell a guest this information unless they directly asked about it, therefore I haven't posted it here until it came up in this thread. I don't think I generally reply to threads asking questions about this, for this reason. I believe I have given the advice to ask a hotel concierge for options on long trips, though. :)

UK 21-day tickets are an exception to the 14-day expire rule, much like the FL resident 3 and 4 day Select tickets that expire 6 months from first use. Those are special cases for unique guest markets and not standard MYW tickets.

Thanks again for the response. One more clarifying item from the original OP's post who mentioned this as a "courtesy for resort guests". From a concierge standpoint I can see this - but anyone having a 10-day ticket has access to guest services booths. Is this an option restricted to resort guests only?

Thanks again for the response. One more clarifying item from the original OP's post who mentioned this as a "courtesy for resort guests". From a concierge standpoint I can see this - but anyone having a 10-day ticket has access to guest services booths. Is this an option restricted to resort guests only?

OP here. Yes, I was told it was strictly for resort guests, on property for entire stay. Both Guest Relations and the concierge CM at BC were quite specific about that point, actually bringing it up more than once.

I guess I asked the right question in the right way to the right individual for once-Lol. I had brought this up to different CM's on lots of trips before and was told no. I hope this helps everyone who had this issue.

OP here. Yes, I was told it was strictly for resort guests, on property for entire stay. Both Guest Relations and the concierge CM at BC were quite specific about that point, actually bringing it up more than once.

I guess I asked the right question in the right way to the right individual for once-Lol. I had brought this up to different CM's on lots of trips before and was told no. I hope this helps everyone who had this issue.

It's not only that, you have added another valuable $ savings choice for folks staying on site for longer than 10 days who wish to go to the parks for more than 10 days that doesn't necessarily involve purchasing an additional 1-4 day ticket or upgrading to APs. And also in debunking the long held belief that you can't add days to a 10-day park ticket. There should be a link to this thread put on the budget board.

Many thanks for taking the time to write.

Yes - I do realize all the previous advice appears to be in error. However, I didn't see any posts from @ravenclawtrekkie in any of those threads stating this before - especially given that being able to add to a 10-day appears to have been the case for so long.

And thanks @ravenclawtrekkie for specifying an upper limit, although that doesn't exactly explain how a UK/EU 21-day ticket would ever work starting on day 15.

Those are very specific tickets that are made to work that way. I believe I read, someone can verify, they have to be bought prior to their trip and can not be bought at Disney World. They make sense to encourage these guests who commonly travel that long to stay at Disney their entire trip.

It makes perfect sense it would be for Disney hotel guests only, why not add that perk since you are paying them to stay there those days.

You have to laugh at the irony that so many of the phone CMs tell very detailed explanations/stories that are completely untrue (which means they made them up) and some CMs are dedicated to their job, follow training and handle as instructed. I'd much rather have the latter. Thanks @ravenclawtrekkie for your info that you can post, it is most helpful.

EX: When DS was renewing his AP, it was actually a week before it expired. The new one would have Memory Maker. He asked how much to upgrade his current so he would have the pictures from the last week? The price was crazy so we passed. I don't remember what the CM was saying exactly but she was carefully wording herself, telling us we could always get the pictures we wanted ..... at the moment while it hit us as off, we naively didn't pick up on what she was saying so that we could ask the important questions she could answer. Sure enough - ALL the pictures from that trip and months ago even from friends linked to his account showed up. Clearly she was not allowed to tell us that the pictures would all show up on his account because they are trying to sell the Memory Maker packages .... but had we picked up on her comments, we would have asked her the direct question and then maybe she could have answered it.

Would this work for a DVC resort guest as well? We are onsite for a total of 12 nights, doing a 6 nights each split between BCV and BLT via rented points. Would we qualify for the additional day? We currently have 2 down DS's scheduled, but it would be nice to go into a park for just a couple of hours on one or both of them.

I posted a question on this a little under 2 weeks ago, and all the replies told me to buy an annual pass, which we could not afford, so I canceled some days off my reservation. I am so sad. I am glad others are now aware of this, thanks for posting.

Great Info hope we will be able to do this We also bought MNSSH tickets to add to our trip we are there 17 days 16 nights and was also looking at going to seaworld or somewhere for the extra days. CM tried to get me to just buy AP but will not be going to Disney next year. May be wrong place to ask but if you buy AP can you still have DX Dining plan?

I wouldn't tell a guest this information unless they directly asked about it, therefore I haven't posted it here until it came up in this thread.

Why?

I had brought this up to different CM's on lots of trips before and was told no.

Since this is the very first time I have EVER heard this sort of positive experience or info about CMs having this info, I don't know...countless CMs have said no. One CM in person and one person who identifies herself as a CM here say yes. I personally would need much more confirmation with those statistics, personally, before I would be comfy asking for this. Or at least I wouldn't have my family with me while asking for it, lest I be turned down flat.

Why?

Since this is the very first time I have EVER heard this sort of positive experience or info about CMs having this info, I don't know...countless CMs have said no. One CM in person and one person who identifies herself as a CM here say yes. I personally would need much more confirmation with those statistics, personally, before I would be comfy asking for this. Or at least I wouldn't have my family with me while asking for it, lest I be turned down flat.

It was not one CM in person. I asked one of the senior CM's at the BC lobby concierge desk-a CM we have seen there for the 16 years we have been going to Disney. I was told they could not do it but Guest Services could. We then went to Guest Services at the entrance to AK and had no problem-the CM there knew right away what I was asking for and proceeded to take care of it.

My lower post count is not an indication of my lack of Disney experience. We have been there 16 times for a minimum of 10 day trips-most were 12 or 13. I only joined this site a little over a year ago, because of the hunt for BOG FP's when they stopped issuing them.

You may believe what you like.

Because I don't care to lose my job, which I moved 800+ miles to a new state in order to get, for overstepping my bounds with regard to information I post on the internet...? And because actually doing this ticket upgrade isn't within my abilities, so I can't answer questions about it beyond the fact that a procedure exists to do it? I don't attempt to answer questions I don't know the answer to with 100% certainty.

I found the documentation and printed it out while it was dead at my work location this morning. If I didn't like my job I'd copy it word for word here. Here's some points from it - it specifically states "11 to 14 days," it's considered guest recovery on a reactive basis for resort guests only, and it can only be done by resort CMs and guest relations. The date on it is older than I remembered - 2012 not 2014. There's no end date listed.

guest recovery on a reactive basis for resort guests only, and it can only be done by resort CMs and guest relations
Thank you again, @ravenclawtrekkie and @eastendlights for providing info regarding this specific "Guest Recovery" for onsite Guests.

I think it's important for DISers to remember that Guest Recovery offerings can't be blasted all over the Internet by CMs. If Disney can sell additional tickets at full-price, that is the first option if it isn't necessary to resort to reactionary/Guest Recovery mode.

Am I right to presume this is only for trips 10+ days? That one can't upgrade the 10 day never-expires pass?

I don't post anything here that I wouldn't tell a guest in front of me at a booth. I wouldn't tell a guest this information unless they directly asked about it]
This isn't directed at you specifically ravenclawtrekkie, it's more about the way you worded it and how CM's handle it. I think its really crappy that this was an option, a "known" option and a guest would have to specifically "ask" for it before a CM would advise of it. First, I wouldn't think I could add more days since tickets stop at 10 days and go directly to an AP if you wanted more than 10 days. So really who would ask "can I add more days to my 10 day tickets even though you don't sell a longer length than 10 days" to a CM? And if I said I have a 10 day ticket but I wanted to go two more days so I guess I'll buy an additional 2 day ticket to a CM your statement implies neither you or any other CM would let me know that I could add those two days, even though you know I can, because I didn't "ask" if I could add additional days. And if you would lose your job for letting me know that I could without me asking I also think that's terrible especially when its only offered to resort guests. Disney already discounts the tickets the more days you stay already because they know the more days you add to your tickets the more likely you are to spend more money on room/food/souvenirs.

And before any diehard stockholders jump in....YES, I know Disney is a business to make money. But enough of the cat and mouse games, this has been an option for at least 4 years now and we just found out now by someone accidentally wording the question the right way.

I do the AP because I own DVC and go at multiple times a year. But for others, it's a shame it's been a "don't ask, don't tell" secret.

This isn't directed at you specifically ravenclawtrekkie, it's more about the way you worded it and how CM's handle it. I think its really crappy that this was an option, a "known" option and a guest would have to specifically "ask" for it before a CM would advise of it. First, I wouldn't think I could add more days since tickets stop at 10 days and go directly to an AP if you wanted more than 10 days. So really who would ask "can I add more days to my 10 day tickets even though you don't sell a longer length than 10 days" to a CM? And if I said I have a 10 day ticket but I wanted to go two more days so I guess I'll buy an additional 2 day ticket to a CM your statement implies neither you or any other CM would let me know that I could add those two days, even though you know I can, because I didn't "ask" if I could add additional days. And if you would lose your job for letting me know that I could without me asking I also think that's terrible especially when its only offered to resort guests. Disney already discounts the tickets the more days you stay already because they know the more days you add to your tickets the more likely you are to spend more money on room/food/souvenirs.

This isn't really an "option" - it's not advertised. If it were an option, you'd be able to go on the website and buy a fourteen day ticket. It's guest recovery - meaning if a guest is upset or distressed about not being able to get more than 10 days on their ticket, or if a CM with the ability to do it feels it's appropriate to offer it for some other reason, it can be done in order to recover that guest's situation. It has to be documented with something called a MAGIC file, which is generally used for refunds or making exceptions to rules. (Fun fact: I asked one of my coordinators to look me up in that system and I have a file from when I was refunded for a Frozen Summer Fun event package thing a few years ago after I got horribly sick during the dessert party.)

I do understand your frustration over it and I personally wish we did sell longer tickets for US guests, even if only part of hotel packages. But those decisions are, unfortunately, above my pay grade. :(

I wanted to post on this...even though I know it is a dated thread from May.

We tried this just last week- we tried guest services at AK. We tried at ticket windows. We tried at concierge at Beach Club and CBR.

We were looked at as though we had 3 heads.

Maybe we just never found the right person, but we asked to speak to someone higher up in management and even then we were told this is not something they have ever heard of and absolutely no and go buy an annual pass. This was despite the fact that we had 10 days onsite ressie with a 10 wp+hopper ticket.

Please don't count on this...

I wanted to post on this...even though I know it is a dated thread from May.

We tried this just last week- we tried guest services at AK. We tried at ticket windows. We tried at concierge at Beach Club and CBR.

We were looked at as though we had 3 heads.

Maybe we just never found the right person, but we asked to speak to someone higher up in management and even then we were told this is not something they have ever heard of and absolutely no and go buy an annual pass. This was despite the fact that we had 10 days onsite ressie with a 10 wp+hopper ticket.

Please don't count on this...

Thanks.

I am not surprised that it could not/would not be done.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter