refrig size

noritake1

I sell Disney in my jammies!
Hi, I was wondering if anyone out there knows the size of the refig. that you get when you request one for medical reasons. If it is too small I will bring my own thaks in advance

According to posts I have read, there are 2 kinds.
They have tiny little ones that are about the size of a shoebox and then bigger ones that are the size Cheshire Figment mentioned.
You could probably call your resort or the special reservations number (I don't have it handy on this computer) to ask what you are getting.

I have so far seen three different kinds. The dorm size fridge with a small freezer, the shoebox size one and at Pop Century there was one about 2/3rds of the height of a dorm fridge and very shallow with no freezer.

Just came back from the CR. We requested a fridge for medical purposes once we checked-in. Housekeeping advised us that the fridges were quite small and suggested we might want a larger fridge if we planned to put anything other than meds in it. We told them the small fridge would be fine - we didn't want to pay $10/day for the larger one.

Well when Housekeeping came to deliver the fridge they explained that they didn't have any of the small fridges, so they brought a dorm-size fridge and placed it in the room at no charge ...

Reminds me of the tactics used by rental car companies when they offer you an upgrade for a few dollars more each day. Odds are if you decline you're going to get the upgrade for free anyway!

i think if you need a fridge of a certain size to hold your meds, they will get you the right size, even if they have to borrow one from another resort. just make sure the people at special reservations note the size you need on your room reservation.

related: when we stayed at pop century we needed a cot, and were told that resort didn't have any, but they pulled one for us from another resort. i love wdw!

dj

Originally posted by dj2
i think if you need a fridge of a certain size to hold your meds, they will get you the right size, even if they have to borrow one from another resort. just make sure the people at special reservations note the size you need on your room reservation.
dj
That is what I have read. For the resorts that have the shoebox size, that's the standard that they offer and it is big enough for most people who have a few vials or bottles of medication. That won't be big enough for some people's needs, so I've read they will then provide what does meet your needs.

Ok, From what I see here there are 3 size fridges. I need one with a freezer so I can freeze ice paks to keep meds cold in the park. Leaving the meds at first aid is out of the wquestion. My 2 year old had a liver transplant and the meds are extremely expensive and I just wouldn't feel safe leaving out of my grip.
I guess I need to ask for a fridge with a freezer?

You might want to consider allowing first aid to hold the medications.

When you go in you fill in a form identifying you and what you are storing. They will put the medications in a paper bag with your name on it and staple it shut with the form attached to the outside.

When you go back to get the medicaitons, not only wilol they verify the name but will open the bag in your presence to have you verify that the correct medications are still there.

Also, they will provide a private area to administer medications, have Sharps containers, and can render any other assistance.

I have never heard of them messing up or losing anyone's medications.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter