• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Recent reports of dining plan kinks with a segmented reservation?

I don't know which dining plan you were looking at, but yes, everyone in the room has to be on the dining plan. Now as far as eating TS meals, I have heard (but never tried it myself) of people asking for an adult portion of a kids meal for people like your DS.

everyone in the room/reservation still has to be on the same plan right? meaning all must be on the plan not just two out of the three people listed. Bc out son is 11 and does not eat anything on the adult menus. just asking bc I dont know the new changes. please no flaming. thanks

That has not changed, everyone in the room has to be on DDP. Also I can see why there are problems, because only DVC members have this option. Cash guests have to have DDP for the entire stay. That would be confusing at the restaurants. And to complicate matters Disney has removed the words "DVC member" from our KTTW cards.

My DSIL says it's the same way with her DD age 10 (soon to be 11). Last August even though she was listed as an adult she just ate off of the kids menu. It didn't matter to the waiters. They allow seniors to order off the children's menu too. On the DDP you'll just be paying more for a cheaper meal.

I understand you can ask them to "adult size" a kids meal if you are paying adult prices. So if your son will not be satisfied with the size of a kids meal, just let them know.

why did they take off that we r DVC members????? I just don't know. Glad I only asked about the change here bc I would start a war over in the dinning plan thread. thank you everyone for the info.

OP here, I posted about my experience last month when we returned from our trip. I thought most everything had gone off without a hitch, except for some housekeeping issues. Well... last night I was looking at my account. We have two VWL contracts and I noticed that the points that I had left for this year were in a holding account. It seems that when MS segmented my reservation they didn't use the original points when they rebooked it, so it put my remaining points in holding. Since I segmented shortly before our trip, they showed it as a cancelled reservation thus putting the remaining points in holding. Those points were never used for the reservation, but DVC didn't use the points out of the two contracts correctly when they rebooked it. Anyway, I called this morning and MS fixed it and put my points back to "regular" status. The part that bothered me was that we checked out March 13. The detailed statement said that the points were taken on the 16th, 3 days after checkout??? weird stuff...

Just be sure and check your points if you segment. Especially if you have more than one contract.

I did a 4 night split stay at all a few weeks ago. We only had dxdp for one night....which was the second night. We had issues everyday. One of the problems was that we had to get keys every day for the room. Only once did they offer to bring them to us....as we were all the way at the end of one of the wings of the resort. The major problem we had was that each time they reprinted our keys our credit card on file fell off. So I would take the card to mara to get something and couldn't room charge it. I don't know why this kept happening. In addition to that when we got to park fare for dinner they said we had no credits (on out first night of the dining plan). We had to wait forever for them to force the charge through. Then I had to go to concierge and get the account fixed. NOW....this is where the pixie dust came in....when they redid the account it started the credits all over again! So we ended up getting one more ts credits for each member of our party. Mind you....I did tell them and they said keep it and use it! And we did!

So, yes, this was a royal pain. Would:confused3 I do it again....probably because I am a serious penny pincher.

Gee, I hope we don't have all those problems. Today MS split my upcoming May reservation at BLT for 4 days. We opted for only 1 day of dining--the second day on the deluxe plan, since it provides 3 meals and we can use it over the span of 2 days. MS said we would have to get new keys for the second day, but I guess we will have to go back for the 3rd day also...

We will be checking out early on the last day into AKV Concierge so we will have those snacks during that stay and will probably only do a few "real" meals.

We are planning on a segmented reservation with the DX DP on the first night.

Can we check into the resort early (get room keys....understood that the room will not be ready) and use the plan for breakfast that morning? Or, can we not use the credits until after 11 am?

Thanks!

Ugh! So annoyed! I emailed MS to segment the second half of my trip (they already segmented the first portion) and I got an email back saying I needed to call. I had to call about something else so I asked them to segment those nights too. I was told they can only do it if there is availability for my same room! My reservation is next week, of course this isn't any room availability! I just thanked her and hung up and took the survey and gave her a low mark for not being knowledgable.

I hung up and sent another email asking them to segment it again. Hopefully I get someone else that will do it for me. It was not an issue a month ago when I segmented my other portion.

Just needed to vent!

Okay.... So I consider myself to be a pretty smart person however this segmenting thing has me swimming in circles.

Okay I just want to make sure I am seeing this correctly..

Here is my plan...

Our reservations look like this

Day 1 Tree House Villa (Waitlisted for 2 Bedroom at AKL)
Day 2,3,4,5 AKL
Day 6,7,8,9 BLT
Day 10 OKW (Waitlisted at BLT)

So My plan was...

Day 1 DxDP
Day 2 No Dining Plan (using credits from Day 1)
Day 3 No Dining Plan (Going to the Beach)
Day 4 DxDP
Day 5 No Dining Plan (using credits from day 4)
Day 6 No Dining Plan (going to Universal)
Day 7 DxDP
Day 8 DxDP
Day 9 No Dining Plan (using credits from Day 7&8)
Day 10 DDP

So 1st question is would I segment the reservation into
Day 1
Day 2&3
Day 4
Day 5&6
Day 7&8
Day 9
Day 10

Second is since we will be doing the DxDP for 4 separate reservations will we get Mugs for each segment? (ie. 4 mugs per person)

What am I missing and what should I watch out for with this plan?

We are going in November 2011 so I am hoping they have all the quirks worked out by then..

Thanks in advanced for any advice!!

Ugh! So annoyed! I emailed MS to segment the second half of my trip (they already segmented the first portion) and I got an email back saying I needed to call. I had to call about something else so I asked them to segment those nights too. I was told they can only do it if there is availability for my same room! My reservation is next week, of course this isn't any room availability! I just thanked her and hung up and took the survey and gave her a low mark for not being knowledgable.

I hung up and sent another email asking them to segment it again. Hopefully I get someone else that will do it for me. It was not an issue a month ago when I segmented my other portion.

Just needed to vent!

Just call back and speak to another CM until you get someone that knows what they are doing. That was the initial response I got too, I just told him politely that I knew others were able to do this without losing their reservations. He then got some help and got it done. He was nice about it though.

Okay.... So I consider myself to be a pretty smart person however this segmenting thing has me swimming in circles.

Okay I just want to make sure I am seeing this correctly..

Here is my plan...

Our reservations look like this

Day 1 Tree House Villa (Waitlisted for 2 Bedroom at AKL)
Day 2,3,4,5 AKL
Day 6,7,8,9 BLT
Day 10 OKW (Waitlisted at BLT)

So My plan was...

Day 1 DxDP
Day 2 No Dining Plan (using credits from Day 1)
Day 3 No Dining Plan (Going to the Beach)
Day 4 DxDP
Day 5 No Dining Plan (using credits from day 4)
Day 6 No Dining Plan (going to Universal)
Day 7 DxDP
Day 8 DxDP
Day 9 No Dining Plan (using credits from Day 7&8)
Day 10 DDP

So 1st question is would I segment the reservation into
Day 1
Day 2&3
Day 4
Day 5&6
Day 7&8
Day 9
Day 10

Second is since we will be doing the DxDP for 4 separate reservations will we get Mugs for each segment? (ie. 4 mugs per person)

What am I missing and what should I watch out for with this plan?

We are going in November 2011 so I am hoping they have all the quirks worked out by then..

Thanks in advanced for any advice!!

Yes, they will segment your vacation that way. I did not tell them how to segment it, just what my plans were for each day & they segmented it accordingly. I did this by email & it worked out fine.

Yes, you will get mugs for each segment you use the DDxP. I plan on giving mine away as I get them b/c we are DDxP, DDP, none, DDxP, DDP, none, DDxP, DDP & none. So we will keep the 1st set & spread a little pixie dust with the second.

We will be there in August & are hoping it all goes smooth too!

I have been on hold with MS for 19 mins, segmenting my Aug trip for the perfect use of DDP... I am excited to save about 400- 500$, but not excited about the lack of positive-ness from CM.

Her words "it is a pain, but we can do it".

Night 1 DDP
night 2-4 no DP (still might add it for the 3rd, but not with this CM :rotfl2: .)
Night 5-6 DDP
Night 7 no DP
Night 8-9 DDP
Night 10 none.

I did it in Dec, and had trouble, but with all the postiive words, I thought I would try it again.

My hubby and I were at Boardwalk with a 8 day stay and the dining plan for only one day. There was absolutely NO problems. Our card said multiple and only ONE cashier questioned it but once they actually processed the card the dining plan was verified and all was well.

We have already made the same reservations for October and November.

MS has segmented our Oct stay because we had to waitlist so our confirmation shows 3 reservations, all under the same reservation #. They couldn't make ADR's at the 180 day mark & had to create a dummy account for the 2 I had them to make (I made the rest, not tied to our ressie # on Disney's website). After reading this thread, I don't want to even think of what segmenting the DDP could do to our room reservations or those 2 ADR's! :scared1:

Did I miss the really positive reports of segmenting in this thread?

Not being snarky, but so far there has been alot of issues still being reported with the segmenting. I appreciate all the reports as they are really helpful.:goodvibes

There is a DVC TR with alot of issues being reported and several posting here have spent more than their fair share of time at the front desk sorting issues.

Would love to see a report of someone that stayed in the same resort, same villa and alternated between segments for 4 nights or more.

Anytime MS generates a new reservation number either by waitlist or adding to a booking instead of modifying an existing booking, those unique reservation numbers allow the segments to be executed easier. Our next trip with family is what I am trying to prepare for.

Just call back and speak to another CM until you get someone that knows what they are doing. That was the initial response I got too, I just told him politely that I knew others were able to do this without losing their reservations. He then got some help and got it done. He was nice about it though.

I agree......just got off the phone with ms...the first cm I spoke with added my son and his girlfriend on to our 5/14 reservation but she said she couldn't segment the first night without losing it. We can't do the dining plan for all 3 nights since my son's girlfriends grandfather is having an operation on 5/16 and they may have to leave early. She wouldn't even put me through to a supervisor so I hung up and called right back...this cm was able to do the segmenting and I paid for the dining plan with no issues:confused3

Our trip to F & G begins on Sunday. I have added the QSDP to our first night only. I'll post back and let everyone know how that works at Jambo House. It all looks great on the Member Website, so I'm hoping it's also smooth sailing at the Lodge.

We're finishing up a 10 day stay, five days at BLT and five days at BCV. Each leg was segmented, the first day was on the dining plan and the rest were not. We had issues w/ our keys the first day at BLT, but other than that we had no problems. Segmenting wasn't an issue for us and we'll definitely do it again in the future.

I posted this on another thread, but thought it should be here also, so this is a copy/paste:

We are just back from 7 nights at AKV-Kidani. We segmented our reservation about 2 weeks prior to check in, making our first night deluxe and the following 6 nights as DDP. We checked in about 11 am on Saturday and the young lady checking us in did have trouble with the check in, but she was new and we were the first time she had checked in a segmented reservation. After some time she was able to print all 4 cards, two with charging (me and DH) and two without (our guests). I asked if I needed to get new room keys in the am since we were segmented and she told me I did. She also thought the deluxe would be on current room keys and regular on the new keys, but like I said she was new!
We used the first 8 credits at CG with no issues.
I went to the front desk on Sunday am about 9am and got a different CM to check about the new room keys but she said I did NOT need new room keys, everything was showing on the current key. She also stated that the snack credits in her computer were now murged, not seperate as I thought they would be. I had asked how do I make sure we use the deluxe snack credits that will expire first, do I need to tell the cashier something, but she thought they were now all murged as one set. She did comment that the dining credits were still seperate, 4 deluxe credits left and then all the regular dining plan credits were in a different set.
I had told all the others in our party that we had 2 snack credits each that MUST be used by midnight on Sunday (just in case the front desk was wrong), but they were not wanting but one (I used both of mine by midnight) but the girl at the front desk was correct, they were still available the day after they should have been expired.
We then used the last 4 deluxe credits Sunday night with no issues. We also used a counter service during the day on Sunday from the second portion of the dining plan with no issues.
So basically we had no problems, even had the nice surprise of the snack credits working after they should have expired! I would not recommend trying to use meal credits after they should have expired, but it was nice to have the snack credits carry over!:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter