Really don't know where to stay???

tracymiami

Mouseketeer
Hi all

I still can't decide where to stay and keep changing my mind, the dilemas are:

I have stayed on IDrive twice, QII and Rodeway and wanted something slightly nicer (ever though these were great) for 2 weeks then a 3rd in the Keys (have decided on a hotel in the keys already). My questions are:

Should I stay on IDrive again, Kissimmee or LBV. What do you all think?

Really wanted to stay onsite at All Stars but I think it is a bit to expensive, thought about 1 week off and 1 on as I was save loads on park tickets?

What is Kissimmee and LBV like?

What are the main benefits of staying onsite?

Is All Stars worth the money?

Any good hotel recommendations in the 3 areas?

Phew I think that is all for now, still pouring over the brochures.

Hugs

T :confused: :confused:

What is your budget per night? It may be easier to recommend particular hotels then.
Ben

If you want to include yet another area (Universal) then I can thoroughly recommend Hi Universal, kirkman Road. There is an I-drive trolley stop just outside, free buses to USF,IOA, Seaworld, but it only takes 10-15 mins to walk to USF/IOA and it is a lovely walk. I have done a TR about this place and I was well chuffed with it. I joined the HI priority club and asked for an upgrade on the off chance when checking in and they upgraded us to a 2 bed suite!!
Lovely TGIs on site and kids eat free with adults - scrummy breakfasts. Staff are really great and they have a bar set up by the pool when it's busy - great drinking Margueritas by the pool!!

Tracy,

When are you going? You may find it worth buying Annual Passes for Disney (in fact you'd only need one) to take advantage of the discounts for onsite resorts. The discounts aren't available all year round and the prices are generally only released a few months in advance, but there are some big savings to be made - All Stars is often available for as little as $49 per night. The place to check out what discounts are available is www.mousesavers.com.

Hi Guys

Cheers for your posts, can i bug you again?????

DEB
I am confused i was under the impression if you stayed onsite you had all your parks included for the duration of your stay, is that not right??? Also What do the the AP do? One last thing, with mousesavers I will be booking through Virgin, will I be able to use these on arrival or would I have to book direct though Disney????

Elise
Sorry - what is Hi Universal (looked through the brochure did not know what it was), TP and Hi Priority Club, sounds good though, what are they?? very stupid I know!!!!

Tom's Dad
This is what I had planned already so you have an idea on budget etc:

£699 x 2 (2 weeks and flight to Nickki Bird)
£245 x 2 (1 week at chesapeake resort)
£546 x 1 (car insurance) (someone has come up with a right cheap deal on car insurance so I am not going for this one)
£20 x 1 (xtra week car)

I love the CR so that is a definate.

The other thing is I have seen posts that some people did not like Kissimmee and I really don't know much about it, or LB and U for that matter. How does it compare to IDrive.

Keep going through the brochures and just wanted some expet advice.

Thanks so much

Hugs

T :p

Hi Tracy
Are you booking through a travel agent? If so here's something to think about. We booked everything by web or direct by phone this year, we saved approx £1500 on the price the travel agent quoted us. It's definitely worth the hard work. We used a code from mousesavers to get staying at the Beach Club - booked direct with WDW, booked on the web the flights with delta, used holidayautos.co.uk for the hire car, got the 10 day ticket at a good price with Keith Prowse. You can use the codes from mousesavers for the allstars as well. Expedia also does good rates for disney and non disney hotels. The only hotel we stayed in on international drive was the marriott now called wyndham I believe, it was on the corner of idrive and sandlake road it was very nice, like a self contained village. HTH or have I totally confused you :confused:

I will book direct through Virgin over the phone.

I always try and fly on a Thursday as you save about £100 plus I will get 10% off everything I book as I am a frequent flyer. The £100 per per person as stated in the brochure is no good for the time of year I am going. I don't bother booking on the net either as the code will be no good as i wont be able to use my FVC code and as I am doing a talior made kind of holiday it will not accept it.

The only thing I would not book through them is car insurance and Park tickets, shopped around last year but I still think i get 10% off of those but obviously not in a hurry to book those. If they came up super cheap I would.

The car is included and it is only £20 more for the 3rd week and Martin is 23 so I have to watch the insurance.

Have thought about doing everything separately but I did not think the savings would be worth it, as I shopped around last year with the brocures and some of them were so expensive.

Last year I got 3 weeks to Rodeway Inn for £832 per person plus transfers (did not get a car) and places like Airtours and Cosmos were doing 2 weeks for over a £1000 it was a joke, so i found Virgin always pretty reasonable, but will look into doing it off my own back though.

Once again cheers for that Tud and yes even more confused THANX!!!! LOL :confused: :rolleyes:

Hugs

T ;)

<font size=3 color="purple">
Tracy,

If you come across any ways around paying the extra insurance for being under 25, I'd really appreciate if you'd let me know. I am going October/November 2003, and am also 23 (Actually, now that I think about it, I will be 25 the month after the holiday. That makes it even worse!). My girlfriend is 27, but unfortunately, won't drive in the U.S., so unless I can find a way around it, we're looking at $20 per day X 21 days = $420 extra, just so as I can drive! Anyway, if you find anything, please let me know.

Thanks a mill,
Andrew.
</font>

I am the same, I am 30!!! and martin is 23 and I hate driving so it works out so expensive.

Anyway look at one of my early posts and check out Robs reply about costs for insurance with American Express, I have seen that a few people have written thanks about his posts so it looks pretty good:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=234854

I am definately going to check it out and not book the insurance with Virgin. I was thinking if say you payed £280 insurance and the excess is £300 it is worth it as you would be paying that anyway for something that may not happen. Does that make sense.

If you have any joy let me know.

Cheers mate

T ;)

I've stayed in LBV area twice and loved it. 1st time at Grovesnor Resort on Hotel Boulevard, very handy as you can walk accross the road to Down Town Disney area which was nice in the evenings. Wouldn't recmd hotel though! Last time I stayed at Marriott World Centre which was fab! (also expensive) had a pool view and overlooked Disney so saw fireworks from our balcony.

We are looking at Coutyard by Marriot and Holiday Inn family suites this time as we now have a toddler to think about! But they are still at LBV.

Last visit we looked around some of the resorts at Disney and although it was easier transport wise and closer to hotel the rooms were nothing special or the pools for the extortionate prices you pay. I would have to find a real bargin to stay on a Disney property!!

Good Luck, have you tried the hotel board for some ideas? Do a search on some of the hotels you are considering.

The Nat West car hire insurance policy does not have a surcharge for under 25s :) CDW/SLI for £75 per annum. Airport/state taxes will still have to be paid for though, figure around $10 a day.

Their staff are very helpful, tel number is 01273 765340 quote reference NWCRI.

PB

Hi Tracey -

I would take your £1400 (for flights and 2 weeks accom) and compare it with flight/ hotel combos that you could book independently.

I don't know when you are planning on traveling, so I can't give you any direct costings, but assuming you could get $49/night at the Allstars, that's 2 weeks for $700 or £450. That would leave you with about £1000 to find flights with.

I don't know how much Virgin flights are, but I would have thought you could get 2 flights for under £1000.

As for your ticket question - if you book a WDW hotel through a UK travel agent, they nearly always include the Unlimited Magic Pass in the price - this is a very expensive ticket, especially for 2 weeks; if you book independently then you can buy your own tickets - either an AP, or a 10 day World Pass is a better option than the UMP - if you are planning on returning within a year than the AP is a superb deal.

I have never seen an onsite hotel in a brochure at a reasonable price - they always seem to charge the top whack. Also, they have under occupancy supplements etc - I would rather just book a WDW hotel direct with CRO.

Hope that helps, but you are probably even more confused now!

bev

Hi Tracey,

Haven't been able to tell when you're going........

Comfort Inn Lake Buena Vista - September

2 Double Beds, No Smoking 25 inch TV, Radio-Alarm Clock, Coffee Maker In Room, Microwave Refrigerator, Pay-For-View Movies

$39.95/night for the room.

These rates do not include taxes of: 11.00% and a tax of: $2.50 PER ROOM PER DAY Occupancy Tax

We've stayed at this budget hotel twice in the past 3 years - right off I4 and across from one of the Disney 'entrances!'.
Decent size clean rooms - and LBV has a good choice of restaraunts. TGI's, Bahama Breeze, Chevy's, Tony Romas,Pebbles, Red Lobster, Olive Garden etc. 5 min drive to Downtown Disney.
We've stayed on I-Drive also, but find LBV less hectic.
For a budget hotel with good location, it could fit the bill.

Brian

Sorry tracey - have got used to the abbreviations now, so forget that others don't always know what they are
HI - Holiday In
TR - Trip Report
HI priority Club - free membership to points earning loyalty club for holiday inns - I have had about 3 free nights this year as every time we go anywhere, we stay at a HI.
www.holiday-inn.com

going to print out this info and study it.

You lot are so helpful I am even more confused now :rolleyes: LOL.

Oh what do i do!!!!!!

Hugs

T

Just to clarify that if you book an on-site Disney resort directly with Disney's Central Reservations Office (CRO) you will pay for room only - no park passes included.

We loved the All Star resort, but I have to agree that you can probably get a more luxurious place for less $$$, but you can't beat the Disney resorts for total theming and Disney immersion. However, I know that doesn't suit everyone.

We haven't stayed on IDrive, but we have stayed in both Kissimmee and LBV. LBV is much quieter and has Downtown Disney and Crossroads practically on the doorstep, whereas Kissimmee is very busy with everything right on hand. We enjoyed both places (Courtyard by Marriott in LBV and HI Family Suites, Maingate East, Kissimmee), but I preferred the atmosphere in LBV. LBV might not suit you if you want to be able to walk next door to shops and restaurants, etc.

If you're going to split your holiday, I'd suggest the 2nd week to be spent on I-Drive. It'll cut down on your travelling as you are likley to be visiting IOA,US and SW.

For the cost of All Star, I would suggest calling Disney's direct booking and also Dreams Unlimited travel ( http://www.dreamsunlimitedtravel.com ) to get quotes. IMHo the advantage of using Dreams if the price is the same, is that Dreams will continue to check for you if a better deal is available to reapply to your booking.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter