Ready after a decade of debate :)

So many great responses. Thank you all. I think we have narrowed it down to Wilderness but I’ve kept my mind open to both BRV and CCV now. The length of contract at BRV is too short and CCV is too long — I’ll be 84 and my daughter will be 58 when it expires. 😂.

We are planning to start making offers on resale beginning in August. I am not waiting any longer!!

You don't have to take it with you. You can resell these things, and resale is a real, robust market.

I happen to be one of those people that likes to try all the resorts and is not attached to any one (although my son like BWV the best, I would always look at price and contract vs anything else but again I like all of the resorts so do not stress

Just wanted to share... after debating DVC for quite literally a decade (DH and I were both flip-flopping). We are finally ready to commit and are super excited! We've narrowed it down to 3 properties right now...but I think Bouder Ridge tops our list.

- Boulder Ridge (despite needing an update, it's our favorite theming and great location)
- Old Key West (great value, bigger rooms...even better if it's a 2057 contract)
- Animal Kingdom (good value, love the Savannah)

Anything we should consider while we search for contracts? We usually visit one week per year either end of February or mid-October. Thinking of September use year. There are 3 of us (me, DH and DD10).

Do you think Disney would ever consider the contract extensions on other resorts as they did with OKW?

I think it's almost zero chance that DVC will offer extensions at more resorts. At the very least it's nothing to count on.

People are talking about more years being better but I for one have always considered it a positive that they don't go on forever and that's from someone who will "only" be 76 when the first DVC resort contracts end. We really have no idea if anyone is even going to want to visit a theme park in 2042 and beyond. (I'd guess they will but you never know). The pricing of the resorts usually factors in some and maybe all of that difference between BRV and CCV.

It will be less stressful booking BRV than CCV studios. And for the February trips you'll almost certainly get to try other resorts. Waitlists do work too so you never know about Oct but it's good to own where you'd be happy staying if you go anytime from Oct-Dec.

Just wanted to share... after debating DVC for quite literally a decade (DH and I were both flip-flopping). We are finally ready to commit and are super excited! We've narrowed it down to 3 properties right now...but I think Bouder Ridge tops our list.

- Boulder Ridge (despite needing an update, it's our favorite theming and great location)
- Old Key West (great value, bigger rooms...even better if it's a 2057 contract)
- Animal Kingdom (good value, love the Savannah)

Anything we should consider while we search for contracts? We usually visit one week per year either end of February or mid-October. Thinking of September use year. There are 3 of us (me, DH and DD10).

Do you think Disney would ever consider the contract extensions on other resorts as they did with OKW?
Here's my thoughts:
1. I would recommend buying enough points to get a 1br for the week, if your budget allows. In a few years, your DD might be wanting a little private space.
2. If budget doesn't allow for a 1br for the entire week, perhaps split the difference between what a 1br would take and what a studio would take. Then you can do split stays when you travel and have a studio for part of the trip and a 1br for part of the trip.
3. As others have said, if you are planning to travel mid-october, buy were you want to stay. Prior to COVID, it was tough to get a Studio in some of the prime locations at 11 months out, let alone at 7 months out.

In my experience, we bought on the lower end of the points range and ended up with add-on-itis. A couple of years later we bought a second contract! ::yes::

We bought in BW in 1998 and just bought a couple of resale points through the DVC store; cheaper than Disney’s price. We thought we initially bought enough but they have adjusted schedule in 20nyears and now borrowing has been adjusted. Buy a little more Points than you think , to accommodate Disneys changes and taking extended family or friends as kids get older or grandchildren come.... one of our best purchases since we go almost every year. we use it more than RCI and Diamond

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter