READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Question. My MIL decided to join us last minute and we luckily got her a spot at HS. When we linked her park reservation to all of other park days she joined our reservation groups so its 5 people in a single group. For some reason the HS only day its us 4 and her as a separate parkpass group(still in my MDE of course). Will this cause an issue when creating a group for the ROTR virtual queue? I don't want to lose a second when attempting to get our group.

Question. My MIL decided to join us last minute and we luckily got her a spot at HS. When we linked her park reservation to all of other park days she joined our reservation groups so its 5 people in a single group. For some reason the HS only day its us 4 and her as a separate parkpass group(still in my MDE of course). Will this cause an issue when creating a group for the ROTR virtual queue? I don't want to lose a second when attempting to get our group.
If she doesn't get a boarding group along with the rest of your party, then a CM at RotR can add her.

No, in December we had two or even three park pass reservation "groups" among the 9 of us, based on when we got tickets and booked our park reservations, and had no issue getting a BG for everyone. As long as she's linked to you in F&F in MDE, you're fine. Join-Join-Join! MTFBWY!

Does anyone ever just try once and then give up trying? We don't go until next month and I have an alarm on my phone at 6:55 am and everyday for the last 3 weeks I haven't even got close. I have done the "tricks" of turning all extra apps (and everything) off, opened my clock on the phone and set it 3 mins prior so I can watch it count down. DH isn't into all this "prepping" and rolls his eyes every morning when my 6:55 alarm goes off. I figured I will be the only one trying to get lucky....but does anyone else get tired of practicing in advance and then just give up on the day OF when you don't get lucky? I just feel defeated and even tried this afternoon b/c I wasn't doing anything and noticed the time and thought "why not" but I didn't get it either.

Does anyone ever just try once and then give up trying? We don't go until next month and I have an alarm on my phone at 6:55 am and everyday for the last 3 weeks I haven't even got close. I have done the "tricks" of turning all extra apps (and everything) off, opened my clock on the phone and set it 3 mins prior so I can watch it count down. DH isn't into all this "prepping" and rolls his eyes every morning when my 6:55 alarm goes off. I figured I will be the only one trying to get lucky....but does anyone else get tired of practicing in advance and then just give up on the day OF when you don't get lucky? I just feel defeated and even tried this afternoon b/c I wasn't doing anything and noticed the time and thought "why not" but I didn't get it either.

You need to have your party built out and start trying around 6:57am or so. That way you are already actively refreshing at 7:00am. If you are just starting at 7:00am you will never get one.

You aren't trying to pick people's names, right? Just "join, join, join."

Are you sure you’re not getting it? You’re seeing the red error box every time? Something seems weird, you should’ve been successful at least a few times.

What exactly are you doing? We have never refreshed - we just have our MDE app open and the two AT-ATs showing, we watch the time on our watches and when it gets to 6:59:55 we start counting down and start looking at MDE, and when we get to 7 on our countdown we hit Join-Join-Join without looking at anything else.

And, what exactly do you see that tells you that you were unsuccessful? You are not going to get a BG when practicing, you’re just going to get a message that says you don’t have a ticket or you’re not in the park (both of which mean you would have been successful). Have you seen “all BGs are full” every time you’ve tried?

I think we all have questions! Please detail your steps running through practice and the messages you're seeing. Nearly everyone who views these boards is successful day of whether it's at 7 or 1.

Our trip is in June. I was successful getting the ‘is everyone in the park’ screen today (haven’t been successful the past 2 tries). I was on AT&T and clicked right after the time change on my phone (I had my finger hovering above the join button).

I don’t think you need a world clock or anything, but speed in clicking the first join button exactly when the time changes. My screen did start thinking (a couple of milli seconds) on the next page before it displayed our list, but I knew where the join button was and clicked it. I’m pretty sure it was gray (just starting to be highlighted) when I clicked (I clicked it twice).

All that said, I had practiced everyday before our last trip (and I was 95% successful) but my husband who practiced maybe twice was the one who got the boarding groups. My phone was just freezing (I couldn’t even mobile order at the milk stand). So maybe try ordering something on your phone to see if it’s working in that area.

Also, the night before, recheck the app and times just to be sure that nothing has changed.

I have a question.

How does the app "pre-select" the party?

I understand the "join-join-join" method but I'm worried that the system auto selects someone that is not coming (has hotel reservation, but doesn't have park reservation for that day) and then shows me an error and I lose my spot.

We finally managed to snag a BG for both of our HS days. It was a fun experience. I was glad we managed to get a BG on our second HS day also. We have only a minimal idea what is going on so the second ride experience was a big clearer for me.

I have a question.

How does the app "pre-select" the party?

I understand the "join-join-join" method but I'm worried that the system auto selects someone that is not coming (has hotel reservation, but doesn't have park reservation for that day) and then shows me an error and I lose my spot.
It automatically selects everyone who has a park reservation for that day.

I'd like to ask also: when practicing, and you're doing the join-join-join thing, is it worrisome when the app takes a little bit in going through the process? Specifically the part when it's checking on your family & friends list. I always feel like valuable seconds are wasting---does it take that long for everyone trying? Is that normal? Hopefully this makes sense, thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter