READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd like to ask also: when practicing, and you're doing the join-join-join thing, is it worrisome when the app takes a little bit in going through the process? Specifically the part when it's checking on your family & friends list. I always feel like valuable seconds are wasting---does it take that long for everyone trying? Is that normal? Hopefully this makes sense, thanks!
Most days mine flies through the family and friends screen although occasionally it spins. I’m almost always successful but yesterday for whatever reason it spun at the F&F screen and it was not a successful practice. I didn’t do anything different, it just happened.

I just tried for the 7 AM, and no dice, got the red box saying the groups were full. Wow, that goes FAST. Also, I'm kind of concerned about timing: I came on about 6:58, did the refreshing, and even after 6:00 happened, the first join button didn't appear until 6:01. I have an Android phone, and I really want/need it to be synced with "Disney time". At least I have time to practice, my day is June 11th ;)

I got group 11 for my sister today. She was trying from CBR and got the something went wrong message because I got it first, but I think she would have been fast enough too. I was on my home wifi and had location services turned off. I logged out of her account, and then back on. I went to her friends and family to let it load/refresh and then I went to the At-At screen. I had my husband’s phone showing seconds and right at 6:59:59 I hit join. I think this is so much faster than the refresh method. My husband got BG 1 from inside the parks in Oct using this method.

I appreciate the tips. We are at the Boardwalk and I turned off WiFi and went outside on the balcony. Got BG 55. Mu husband tried but I don’t think he got that he had to keep hitting join. Tracking the time on time.gov separately on my iPad helped.

When I practice at home and I get to the friends and family screen, nobody is checked off other than me. So I hit join and then I’m told that I don’t have a park pass, which I think means I would have gotten a BG. However, when I do this on my HS day, will my family who have HS park passes automatically be checked off? Also, I have a kid under 3 who doesn’t have a park pass, will he automatically not be checked off so that it then doesn’t ask me about his park pass on the next screen?

When I practice at home and I get to the friends and family screen, nobody is checked off other than me. So I hit join and then I’m told that I don’t have a park pass, which I think means I would have gotten a BG. However, when I do this on my HS day, will my family who have HS park passes automatically be checked off? Also, I have a kid under 3 who doesn’t have a park pass, will he automatically not be checked off so that it then doesn’t ask me about his park pass on the next screen?
Yes, I’d they are connected on your friends and family list and have a park reservation, they will be selected. Like everyone says, don’t stop to check. Just click join, join, join. If someone isn’t there, the GET team will help you add them. Our 1 year old didn’t show up on ours in October. Good luck!

I just tried for the 7 AM, and no dice, got the red box saying the groups were full. Wow, that goes FAST. Also, I'm kind of concerned about timing: I came on about 6:58, did the refreshing, and even after 6:00 happened, the first join button didn't appear until 6:01. I have an Android phone, and I really want/need it to be synced with "Disney time". At least I have time to practice, my day is June 11th ;)
What screen are you refreshing on? My best advice is to avoid any refreshing. Be at the home “AT AT” screen by 658am and wait until your phone time changes to 7am (hover your finger over the button and be ready to click). As soon as the time changes hit join x3. There is really no need to refresh anything.

We have grandparents on the friends and family list and they were automatically not selected. Also our infant has plans (dining reservations) and she was automatically deselected. Also, if you have a child that doesn’t meet height requirements but has a park pass and ticket, they would still need a boarding group to do rider switch. So they will be automatically selected.

Basically, don’t stop (or even look at the list) at the friends and family screen. If anything goes wrong, take a screenshot (at the end) and GET can help you add a person if everyone else got a boarding group and it was a system error (and they were already on the list prior to trying).

Last edited:
We have grandparents on the friends and family list and they were automatically not selected. Also our infant has plans (dining reservations) and she was automatically deselected. Also, if you have a child that doesn’t meet height requirements but has a park pass and ticket, they would still need a boarding group to do rider switch. So they will be automatically selected.

Basically, don’t stop (or even look at the list) at the friends and family screen. If anything goes wrong, take a screenshot (at the end) and GET can help you add a person if everyone else got a boarding group and it was a system error.
What screen are you refreshing on? My best advice is to avoid any refreshing. Be at the home “AT AT” screen by 658am and wait until your phone time changes to 7am (hover your finger over the button and be ready to click). As soon as the time changes hit join x3. There is really no need to refresh anything.
I did not refresh either, but I did have to log in to the app 3 minutes before. Just stay on the main screen and click join when the time changes.

On the second screen there was a bit of delay but be prepared to click join and keep trying until it’s no longer grayed out.

Has anyone tried clicking the first join button a few mili seconds before the time changes?

Last edited:
I did not refresh either, but I did have to log in to the app 3 minutes before. Just stay on the main screen and click join when the time changes.

On the second screen there was a bit of delay but be prepared to click join on the bottom right and keep trying until it’s no longer grayed out.

Has anyone tried clicking the first join button a few mili seconds before the time changes?
My first 2 screens the buttons are mid-centre on the left. The final click for us is at the bottom of the page.

I once accidentally clicked the join button on the AT AT page and I was flipped to the screen that displays what boarding groups are being called. By the time I clicked back I had locked myself out.

I'd like to ask also: when practicing, and you're doing the join-join-join thing, is it worrisome when the app takes a little bit in going through the process? Specifically the part when it's checking on your family & friends list. I always feel like valuable seconds are wasting---does it take that long for everyone trying? Is that normal? Hopefully this makes sense, thanks!
I never practiced from home, figuring that I had a few HS days booked for my two week trip and would have multiple chances. I had no issues Monday morning and got BG 29 from Pop. My next HS day was Friday and what you described here locked me out at both 7 (from AKL) and 1 (Muppets Courtyard) This morning (CR Garden Wing) was my next chance and I turned off wifi and tried the refresh method. No go. I just tried again (PizzaRizzo upstairs patio), turning on wifi and hitting join on the main screen right when the clock hit 1 instead of refreshing. BG 103! I’ll have one more HS day on Saturday, so we’ll see if I’m successful 2 or 3 days out of 4.

I’m glad that I don’t have to wait in a 6 hour line or be in the park at 7am to try for a BG, but I miss my last trip in Dec 2019, when I read on The Dis how opening day went for the ride and knew to head to HS before 6am the next day and grab a BG as soon as I was in the park. Word hadn’t gotten out yet, so I got BG 20 something and then walked onto SDD, TSM, AS and MFSR before having a stress free breakfast at Woody’s. Rode ROTC and went back to FQ for a nap. Ahh, those were the days.

Was on the ride today. We hadBG6. Went about 9:45. At the very end of the ride when the ride is going to end it stopped. We ended up being evacuated. And we got a fastpass to come back for later on today. I was surprised as we had like 5 seconds left of the ride. We only had 1 more corner and this is where it ends and you get out of the ride vehicle. So it is awesome we can go back later today and fo it again.

My first 2 screens the buttons are mid-centre on the left. The final click for us is at the bottom of the page.

I once accidentally clicked the join button on the AT AT page and I was flipped to the screen that displays what boarding groups are being called. By the time I clicked back I had locked myself out.

I think you’re right. I was clicking so fast. I’ll edit my post

You aren't trying to pick people's names, right? Just "join, join, join."
Correct, I go into the app, refresh at 6:58 and then when the clock counts down I log back in at 6:59:30 and I hit the Join, Join, Join and I get that saying that everything is booked. (Sorry, can't remember the exact wording at this moment in time).

Are you sure you’re not getting it? You’re seeing the red error box every time? Something seems weird, you should’ve been successful at least a few times.

I go into the app, refresh at 6:58 and then when the clock counts down I log back in at 6:59:30 and I hit the Join, Join, Join and I get that saying that everything is booked. (Sorry, can't remember the exact wording at this moment in time). and NOPE...I have never gotten anything other then the fact that nothing is available.

I go into the app, refresh at 6:58 and then when the clock counts down I log back in at 6:59:30 and I hit the Join, Join, Join and I get that saying that everything is booked. (Sorry, can't remember the exact wording at this moment in time). and NOPE...I have never gotten anything other then the fact that nothing is available.
Are you clicking 'Join, Join, Join' at 6:59:30? If so, there could be the challenge. If I click the first 'join' at any time before the clock on my phone turns to 7:00 I'm too early and cannot get a BG.

Correct, I go into the app, refresh at 6:58 and then when the clock counts down I log back in at 6:59:30 and I hit the Join, Join, Join and I get that saying that everything is booked. (Sorry, can't remember the exact wording at this moment in time).
Hmmm... Yeah, I think the timing may be off, as scrapping' said above. I can only share what I do, and I get it about 95% of the time in practice. I open the MDE app at aroun 6:57 (5:57 central lol), and scroll down to the AT-AT and click join once, just to load the next page. I back out to the AT-AT's again, as soon as my clock changes to 5:59, I count down myself in my head til I see the clock change to 7:00, then I click join, join, join.

Our trip is only in August, so I still have some time to practice getting a BG. I’ve read that everyone in your party should try for a BG. I’m the only person in my party that has an MDE account. Should my husband and sons create their own accounts on MDE or should they sign into my account on MDE?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter