READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
We did not get a boarding pass because one of our party was listed twice. Went to guest services and a grumpy (and probably overwhelmed) cm said he fixed it but we had the same glitch when we tried in the afternoon. Check it before your trip!

No. Actually the error message said I had to be in park. I have 2 more days to try to get on and have had much success riding in the past.View attachment 561031
Sounds like if you kept trying it may have worked eventually. I'd go to the guest experience team and see if there's anything they can do for you, showing the message, though there's probably gonna be a lot of complaints today.

I've heard one person suggest that you should delete all friends and family in your My Disney Experience that are NOT going with you to ride RTR in order to make the process of getting an RTR Boarding Pass quicker at the 7:00am rush. I really hate to do this, but am willing if I need to. What are your all's thoughts?

Merged your question to the boarding group thread. Be sure to read the first post.

I've seen many reports, both here and on FB, that there was a glitch this morning, with people receiving an error message saying they were not in the park. The only good thing is that this seemed to make the window for booking them longer than the typical few seconds.

I feel badly for the CMs in Guest Services at HS today...

so I tried it this morning, while I was picking my party, it said it was ful, am I missing something? I have to wait till 7am in the app, refresh so it says join, then pick my party hopefully before it fills up, is that correct?
Don’t pick your party. It will select everyone associated with you who has a DHS park reservation for that day.

Don’t pick your party. It will select everyone associated with you who has a DHS park reservation for that day.
Unfortunately the system glitched this morning and people were forced to pick their party but you're correct that normally we don't have to pick our party. Hopefully it will be fixed for 1:00.

I've been randomly reading different pages to see if this was answered. I got half the answer I needed (about the whole party being selected if they had park passes), but my question is this: I have several friends and family in my friends list, but most are not going on my next trip. Would it be better to remove them from my list, or does it matter and only the family members with tickets and park passes will be selected? I want to do what will work the best to try to get a pass. Thank you and sorry id this has been asked numerous times. I did read page 1 but did not see specifics for this issue.

I've been randomly reading different pages to see if this was answered. I got half the answer I needed (about the whole party being selected if they had park passes), but my question is this: I have several friends and family in my friends list, but most are not going on my next trip. Would it be better to remove them from my list, or does it matter and only the family members with tickets and park passes will be selected? I want to do what will work the best to try to get a pass. Thank you and sorry id this has been asked numerous times. I did read page 1 but did not see specifics for this issue.
the system will automatically select only your F&F that have a valid ticket and park pass for the day you are trying on.

no need to delete people unless you just want a clean list

Well that sucks. All three of us just tried for the 1 pm and we all glitched. Something is definitely going on. Had to check people, etc. Of course, our day is tomorrow morning :(

Well that sucks. All three of us just tried for the 1 pm and we all glitched. Something is definitely going on. Had to check people, etc. Of course, our day is tomorrow morning :(
Do you have park reservations for today? If not then the system worked correctly. The app only pre-selects guests who have a park reservation for today.

I practiced at 1:00 and it worked the same way it normally does do hopefully the problem from this morning has been resolved.

Do you have park reservations for today? If not then the system worked correctly. The app only pre-selects guests who have a park reservation for today.

I practiced at 1:00 and it worked the same way it normally does do hopefully the problem from this morning has been resolved.
It was different than the last time I practiced at 1 pm. Then I was able to skate all the way through and got to the screen where it said "oops" and asked me if I had park reservations for the day (or something like that). Today none of us could get past the group page. i.e. the first "join."

Phew! After a very short 5 hours sleep (we flew in from the West Coast and didn't arrive at our resort until after midnight), we used the government countdown clock and at 6:59:59 we hit join (me from virtual queue and DH and DS from AT). I got in first and boarding group #24! Yay! DH on the way to pick up some much needed coffee, and then I think we'll head over for a very rare rope drop. Thanks to all for the help. I used this thread the first time we went right after ROTR opened, and I come back every time.

I saw a few people report a while back that when they clicked on "join" it took them to a screen with a description of the ride instead. That happened to me this afternoon (successful practice in the morning) and I think I figured out (sorry if this was already explained and I just missed it), that my finger actually missed the "join" button on the 2nd press.

I might be wrong, but it appears that if you miss the button and your finger clicks elsewhere on that screen, it serves as a hot link to that ride description screen. :headache:

Ugh. One more thing that has to go JUST RIGHT! :scared1:

AIM, PEOPLE, AIM!!!!! :joker:

At least I've got lots of successful practices under my belt and even two actual successes getting BGs in the park last fall. Next week will be the real deal for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter