READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
My apologies, if this has already been covered. After three cancelled trips (March 2020, May 2020, June 2020), I stepped away from staying in the loop with Disney news. However, we have rescheduled our trip and will be at Disney March 18 -26th and have two HS days. We've never done the park hopper before, but given that everything is so different now, we are considering adding it so we have more flexibility during our stay. Everything that I've read about ROTR says the boarding passes are gone in 5 seconds. Seems like I read there are two waves of ROTR passes that open up. Is it doable to try for a ROTR pass every morning and then if you get it, head over to HS from another park (assuming it is after 2p). With nine days on property, I'd love to use the time to our advantage if there is a strategy there...

My apologies, if this has already been covered. After three cancelled trips (March 2020, May 2020, June 2020), I stepped away from staying in the loop with Disney news. However, we have rescheduled our trip and will be at Disney March 18 -26th and have two HS days. We've never done the park hopper before, but given that everything is so different now, we are considering adding it so we have more flexibility during our stay. Everything that I've read about ROTR says the boarding passes are gone in 5 seconds. Seems like I read there are two waves of ROTR passes that open up. Is it doable to try for a ROTR pass every morning and then if you get it, head over to HS from another park (assuming it is after 2p). With nine days on property, I'd love to use the time to our advantage if there is a strategy there...

You will not be able to Park Hop to HS for a BG. You must have a park res for HS for that day (2pm is next VQ opening, and you can't park hop til 2). Says it in their promotional article about it as well

You will need to have park pass to DHS in order to get a boarding pass at 7am. Be in the park for 2pm, so if you’re thinking about hopping, you’ll have to start your day in DHS then hop elsewhere at 2.

also, some are adding more DHS days with hopping to give more chances, but sounds like you’re going around spring break, so could be a bad strategy as the other parks could fill up. If the park you want to hop to is full, you’ll be denied access.

I was checking in to see if the 7am and 2pm BG is still what's happening. I was just in WDW in early Nov with my mom and we had no problem getting a BG at 7am - I think it was in the 20s. Problem was we got in the Mickey/Minnie Railroad line as soon as we entered the park and waited and waited, then had to get out of the line because they called our BG and we didn't know how long of a window we had. We walked over the ROTR was down :(
So we did Muppets and Star Tours and then went back and luckily it was open again.
I don't know if it seemed easy because it was just 2 of us?
I'm headed back next week with my 2 sons so just wanted to make sure it is the same (sounds like it is) - I haven't gotten an email about it like I did before the Nov trip.

I was checking in to see if the 7am and 2pm BG is still what's happening. I was just in WDW in early Nov with my mom and we had no problem getting a BG at 7am - I think it was in the 20s. Problem was we got in the Mickey/Minnie Railroad line as soon as we entered the park and waited and waited, then had to get out of the line because they called our BG and we didn't know how long of a window we had. We walked over the ROTR was down :(
So we did Muppets and Star Tours and then went back and luckily it was open again.
I don't know if it seemed easy because it was just 2 of us?
I'm headed back next week with my 2 sons so just wanted to make sure it is the same (sounds like it is) - I haven't gotten an email about it like I did before the Nov trip.
You get the email 2 days before your reservation.

I was checking in to see if the 7am and 2pm BG is still what's happening. I was just in WDW in early Nov with my mom and we had no problem getting a BG at 7am - I think it was in the 20s. Problem was we got in the Mickey/Minnie Railroad line as soon as we entered the park and waited and waited, then had to get out of the line because they called our BG and we didn't know how long of a window we had.
Yes on the 7am/2pm boarding groups.

Also, you have 1 hour to return after BG is called

When park hopping is back, with the after 2pm rule, will people be able to get a BG at the 2pm drop if they are coming from another park if they are allowed in before 2?

Prob not because you need the park pass? but what if you are tapped in by that time?

Excited for today. Hubby and I are here for our 1 year anniversary. We got in yesterday and got our room at 9am! Then, picked up our golf cart, we’re staying at the Cabins at Fort Wilderness. Had an amazing day at MK yesterday. We got to see the castle light up and the little fireworks between changes. Now, I live about 30 minutes away so, it was cold for me but I dressed accordingly. Today, I have HS lined up. I got my hubby a surprise reservation at Savis for an anniversary/early Christmas present. I really wanted to get a boarding group for RotR. I didn’t practice and even used my iPad and the hotspot on my phone. It was strange that the hotspot actually had better speed than my phone. 🤷🏻‍♀️ Needless to say, I got BG 49. Here’s hoping nothing breaks down. Have an awesome day everyone!!

Group 3!! From Wyndham Bonnet Creek in room on sprint data, wifi off, Android S10.
Clicked join just after 6:59:59 just like I'd practiced. THANK YALL for all the tips ❤
They just called 1-11 at 840, return until 940. We got in line at slinky dog at 835. Said 60 mins then. Trying to decide if we keep going or bail 😬

Eta we made it :) we were off slinky by 9:20.
Rise was 😻😻😻 for my little rey girl!

Last edited:
First, second day of practice and got it! (2 days in a row!)

Second, was just watching a video from a very popular Dis Advice Website, and they mentioned that a guest relations manager told them that only one person in the party should try, and the other people would be cancelling each other out. However, I thought you wanted multiple people trying to increase the chances. I dont know what to think.

Second, was just watching a video from a very popular Dis Advice Website, and they mentioned that a guest relations manager told them that only one person in the party should try, and the other people would be cancelling each other out. However, I thought you wanted multiple people trying to increase the chances. I dont know what to think.
this is something Disney is using as an excuse when people come up to say they didn't get it
As you read here, time and time again everyone is trying and one in the party gets it so it's not a problem at all

I think this is just something they're saying when people complain about not getting a BG. Most people are probably having multiple people in their party try and it gives Disney an excuse for why they didn't get one. Everyone I've talked to has had multiple people try and been successful.

Question about the Join button and party.

What if you hit the third Join button without checking that your whole party is checkmarked, as I see suggested here a few times? How do you verify if everyone will be in the group without taking a second to hit the "select all" button or how to add them later to the party? I just tried the 2pm from the main page with the AT AT, by third button I obviously wasn't successful as I got the red notification, did the less than a second of a glance and it looked like I had two unselected people so I quickly hit select all button, and then join. So, if skipping that select all button, then how to verify if others are on there later, or how to add them later?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter