READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Question about the Join button and party.

What if you hit the third Join button without checking that your whole party is checkmarked, as I see suggested here a few times? How do you verify if everyone will be in the group without taking a second to hit the "select all" button or how to add them later to the party? I just tried the 2pm from the main page with the AT AT, by third button I obviously wasn't successful as I got the red notification, did the less than a second of a glance and it looked like I had two unselected people so I quickly hit select all button, and then join. So, if skipping that select all button, then how to verify if others are on there later, or how to add them later?

It's supposed to automatically select anyone in your app that has a reservation for that day. If you are practicing on a day without a reservation no one will be selected. If by chance it doesn't select anyone just hurry through and if you get a boarding group then you can talk to someone at the park to get everyone else added into your group. If you stop and look at the list you won't get one.

I have another possible tip I'd like people to try during practice or the real thing and let me know if they are seeing the same thing as me. Back on page 865 I mentioned that lining up the join button on the AT AT page will allow you to quickly touch the same spot for the second join button. I've been noticing that if you start touching the first join button really fast the second page loads immediately and when you just touch it once like normal it takes a second to load the second page. Look at the video below to see what I'm taking about. The first two are me just touching join once and the second two are me touching it continuously as fast as I can.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1GhhM4Ttevc64dvwIDWzVGnJGUKgQjd9H/view?usp=sharing

Does the "Join" button magically become functional at 7:00 am, or do you have to refresh the app?
The Join button on the home screen is always there and always functional to get to the 2nd screen. The button on the 2nd screen doesn't appear unless there are boarding groups available (so right at 7:00 and 2:00).

The Join button on the home screen is always there and always functional to get to the 2nd screen. The button on the 2nd screen doesn't appear unless there are boarding groups available (so right at 7:00 and 2:00).

Do you have to refresh at any point? I'm reading posts in a thread on Facebook talking about having to refresh the page to get a join button to activate. Does this mean that I don't have to?

Of course, I can't click the first "join" button before 7 am and wait on the 2nd page for the other join button to activate, right? I have to start the process right at 7:00:00, right?

Do you have to refresh at any point? I'm reading posts in a thread on Facebook talking about having to refresh the page to get a join button to activate. Does this mean that I don't have to?

Of course, I can't click the first "join" button before 7 am and wait on the 2nd page for the other join button to activate, right? I have to start the process right at 7:00:00, right?
You can do it one of 2 ways. You can wait on the home screen and press Join as soon as the clock strikes 7 or 2 and then quickly press the next 2 join buttons. As long as you hit the first one at the right time the 2nd one will be there already. Alternatively, you can tap the first one before the time to join and as it get's closer pull down to refresh until the 2nd button shows up and then go from there.

You can do it one of 2 ways. You can wait on the home screen and press Join as soon as the clock strikes 7 or 2 and then quickly press the next 2 join buttons. As long as you hit the first one at the right time the 2nd one will be there already. Alternatively, you can tap the first one before the time to join and as it get's closer pull down to refresh until the 2nd button shows up and then go from there.
Which is the better option, or are they generally the same?

Do you have a preference or think one is better/faster?

Question about the Join button and party.

What if you hit the third Join button without checking that your whole party is checkmarked, as I see suggested here a few times? How do you verify if everyone will be in the group without taking a second to hit the "select all" button or how to add them later to the party? I just tried the 2pm from the main page with the AT AT, by third button I obviously wasn't successful as I got the red notification, did the less than a second of a glance and it looked like I had two unselected people so I quickly hit select all button, and then join. So, if skipping that select all button, then how to verify if others are on there later, or how to add them later?

I have not personally done this. We go in Jan, but everyone has told me that when it is 'Your Day', every member of the party with a HS reservation is automatically clicked and included. not during the test runs, but when it is game time for you.

Which is the better option, or are they generally the same?

Do you have a preference or think one is better/faster?

I think joining right at 7 or 2 from the home screen is faster. You can position the join button on the home page to be in the same spot as the second join button and right at 7 or 2 start hitting join and keep touching that spot as fast as possible. This way right when the second page loads you'll hit join instead of waiting and then hitting join. I also think the second page loads faster when you do it this way. Look at my post above for a video where I test touching the join button once and touching it continuously as fast as possible. I've tried it multiple times and more often than not the second page loads instantly if you're touching the button as fast as you can.

I think joining right at 7 or 2 from the home screen is faster. You can position the join button on the home page to be in the same spot as the second join button and right at 7 or 2 start hitting join and keep touching that spot as fast as possible. This way right when the second page loads you'll hit join instead of waiting and then hitting join. I also think the second page loads faster when you do it this way. Look at my post above for a video where I test touching the join button once and touching it continuously as fast as possible. I've tried it multiple times and more often than not the second page loads instantly if you're touching the button as fast as you can.
I did see the pictures and video. I think it's just a matter of making sure you line up the first page properly so that it lines up with the second.

Just got 36, LTE Verizon on iPhone 11pro at BWV. Friends and family spin gives me hives - it’s a second, but it feels sooooo much longer. And it’s just me! I’ve been too lazy to wait on the phone to remove buggy folks 😆

Editing to say- this was my first time reserving from outside of the park, and I’ve never not gotten a pass (fingers crossed for the future). I always join from the Home Screen per previous examples and line up the second AT-AT head so I can hit join at 7, and join again quickly

Last edited:
Well my day is tomorrow and I just had an unsuccessful practice 😭😭 I’ve been using the same technique and get it probably 80% of the time. The second join screen lagged for me. I was feeling confident and now I’m freaking out for tomorrow.

I just tried my first practice from Illinois using wifi. I got through the second join screen immediately using the pre-alignment method but then it just lagged, never giving me the bottom join button. Just kept spinning on the "checking for friends and family screen." Did I miss something or is this a function of bad wifi connection?

I just tried my first practice from Illinois using wifi. I got through the second join screen immediately using the pre-alignment method but then it just lagged, never giving me the bottom join button. Just kept spinning on the "checking for friends and family screen." Did I miss something or is this a function of bad wifi connection?
Same thing happened to me today and it usually doesn’t! Maybe something was wrong with the app?

Same thing happened to me today and it usually doesn’t! Maybe something was wrong with the app?
Thanks for responding. I'm not onsite until the 28th, so I have several more days to practice. I'm also wondering if maybe my sign-in to the app dropped, which happens now and then. I have an ancient phone (iPhone 6), so that's not going to due me any favors. The rest of my group will have much better phones, now I just have to convince them of the need to practice. They've been DVC for years and are super non-planning wing-it kind of people. They don't even try for fast passes (pre-covid) or ADR's before trips. It's unfathomable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter