• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone, I have been loving the folks on Dis Boards for years! Between the pandemic and being the sole caregiver for my dad with dementia I really need a WDW trip. My brother is coming for a week on January 1st so my hubby and I are headed that way. Now I am so confused over this process - I mean WOW! Can someone just tell me either how to do this under the current system or what page on this thread I need to go back to do start reading?

We are staying at the Boardwalk Villas, just the two of us. Thank you all!

Hello everyone, I have been loving the folks on Dis Boards for years! Between the pandemic and being the sole caregiver for my dad with dementia I really need a WDW trip. My brother is coming for a week on January 1st so my hubby and I are headed that way. Now I am so confused over this process - I mean WOW! Can someone just tell me either how to do this under the current system or what page on this thread I need to go back to do start reading?

Check out my post on page 865. I have some pics of the different screens you'll see and some tips that have helped people here get a boarding group. Also I would walk around the resort trying out the wifi and cell data and see where you get the best speeds. The smallest amount of lag will cost you a boarding group.

I’ll explain it the best I can, although you can get all this information on post 1.

In order to get on Rise of the Resistance, you need a boarding group. Boarding groups are released on the WDW app at 7:00 and at 2:00 eastern time. For 7:00, you need a park pass and valid admission for the day. For 2:00, you need to have those in addition to having entered the park. Try at 7:00, as the boarding groups at 2:00 are less likely to be called. I’ll attach a screen recording of a practice, but right at 7:00 and/or 2:00, you want to click the join button for it on the main screen, then quickly click the blue join button on the next screen (it will only show up if boarding groups are active, so don’t get to that screen even a second too early!). Then you have the option to select who’s riding. Ignore who’s selected and pray that the right people are selected and click join on the bottom. In the video I attached, I was unsuccessful in my practice, but you want to do it just like this. Had my practice been successful, I would’ve gotten a screen that told me to remove myself, as I didn’t have valid park admission and a park pass. I’ve been successful on most practices, just not that time.

Last edited:

Post 1

Ran into some serious issues today, both times I attempted to join the join button didn't even show on the screen so I couldn't even try for a group. I made sure to refresh at the proper time, I'm pretty experienced at getting groups from previous attempts. The first time I was on hotel wifi which I will fix for tomorrow (my last attempt) but the second time I was at the park (not on wifi) and had the same thing happen. I was able to get a group on Thursday as normal, but the ride broke down. Anybody have any idea what's going on when the join button doesn't even appear? Apparently the 2 pm group went super fast, I was hearing 2 seconds from Cast Members, but I didn't even see the join button and I made sure my time was right. Could be just a weird bug, I was on an iphone 12 pro max.

Thank you. I understood about post 1. I meant since it changed to outside the park. Since we don’t need to be in the park anymore. From what I have been reading everyone seems to be saying it is worse now and things need to be done differently. So that is why I was asking where I needed to start reading for the change. Forgive me But with almost 900 pages it is rather easy to get lost.

Thank you. I understood about post 1. I meant since it changed to outside the park. Since we don’t need to be in the park anymore. From what I have been reading everyone seems to be saying it is worse now and things need to be done differently. So that is why I was asking where I needed to start reading for the change. Forgive me But with almost 900 pages it is rather easy to get lost.
Post 1 has the updated version. It's not worse now than it was a month ago, it's worse now than pre covid

Ran into some serious issues today, both times I attempted to join the join button didn't even show on the screen so I couldn't even try for a group. I made sure to refresh at the proper time, I'm pretty experienced at getting groups from previous attempts. The first time I was on hotel wifi which I will fix for tomorrow (my last attempt) but the second time I was at the park (not on wifi) and had the same thing happen. I was able to get a group on Thursday as normal, but the ride broke down. Anybody have any idea what's going on when the join button doesn't even appear? Apparently the 2 pm group went super fast, I was hearing 2 seconds from Cast Members, but I didn't even see the join button and I made sure my time was right. Could be just a weird bug, I was on an iphone 12 pro max.
That’s scary. Maybe try deleting and redownloading the app? If you can’t get it to work, screenshot and go to guest services maybe?

That’s scary. Maybe try deleting and redownloading the app? If you can’t get it to work, screenshot and go to guest services maybe?

I tried that this afternoon, so hopefully that and a couple of other methods will help resolve the issue. I went to the blue guest experience team the second I saw the issues but it was already too late. I went to Guest Services, they weren't able to do anything, but reporting the issue to the in-app chat team helped because they're able to get that feedback over to the app team themselves and seemed to be familiar with that glitch. I also emailed the app team directly to let them know. I didn't have issues on Thursday apart from the second friends and family screen lagging slightly, so this experience was definitely new.

I tried that this afternoon, so hopefully that and a couple of other methods will help resolve the issue. I went to the blue guest experience team the second I saw the issues but it was already too late. I went to Guest Services, they weren't able to do anything, but reporting the issue to the in-app chat team helped because they're able to get that feedback over to the app team themselves and seemed to be familiar with that glitch. I also emailed the app team directly to let them know. I didn't have issues on Thursday apart from the second friends and family screen lagging slightly, so this experience was definitely new.
You could also always try to have family or friends somewhere try from their app. At 7:00 (5 at home) on each of our HS days, both me and my sister will be trying and if we don’t get a BG then, we’ll have 4 additional family members try from their apps.

So I tried again and got a later boarding group than I would've liked (I was affected by the friends and family loading issue) but at least this time was successful which makes me feel better for next visit. Not sure if I'll be able to ride today since I have a late flight, but hopefully the ride works well.

We got BG 40 today using T-Mobile on an iPhone 12 at Coronado springs. So excited!! Thanks for all the help from this board!

What if our BG is called when we have lunch reservations? Do we just let the restaurant know?

We got BG 40 today using T-Mobile on an iPhone 12 at Coronado springs. So excited!! Thanks for all the help from this board!

What if our BG is called when we have lunch reservations? Do we just let the restaurant know?
have your lunch and then go to the attraction, you'll have no issues as long as you have a bg

So I tried again and got a later boarding group than I would've liked (I was affected by the friends and family loading issue) but at least this time was successful which makes me feel better for next visit. Not sure if I'll be able to ride today since I have a late flight, but hopefully the ride works well.
Wonder if you can use @yulilin3 logic above, but instead of going later, go earlier and explain your flight situation.

Last week we got BG 83, using all these tips...thank you everyone! It broke down so ours was cancelled.

Yesterday, went by the instructions and got the ol “something went wrong” error"... heart sunk, had the time clock on ipad, screens aligned up, pressed join join join. Nothing. Hubby just said oh....I got BG 43. Yesssssssss. These tips do work.."just relax and try. ☺😉

Family rode first and I rode next because we did the rider swap. Right before we loaded .... it broke down. But I did receive a fast pass and rode it an hour later...perfectly. Guns were ablazing... worth every stressful moment but best tip and the most difficult one is to relax. I swear I was shaking. Hubby just winged it and the rest is history!

Last edited by a moderator:
I did my first test at the 6am time (I am CST and we go 2nd week of Jan.) I got to the screen that asked if I had a park reservation. So, I am pretty sure I would have gotten a pass if today was my day. I am going to practice a few more times and then start working on dw and ds14 so they will be ready as well. lol

Screen placement helped a lot. Ty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter