• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
we head to Disney in 23 days, and I am a huge star wars fan. I have a Boba Fett tattoo and all (pre Disney ownership)....so I am really really wanting to ride. I have decided that my expectations are REAL, and I won't cry if I don't get it.

Hello all! I’ll preface this with a short story. This morning I got up to book dining as I’ve hit the 180 day mark for my upcoming trip. However, I needed to book all my dining online via computer bc MDE continually kept crashing and would not load ADRs. Typical MDE...

All in all, not a big deal at all as I got the ADRs I was looking for. However, it made me think. With so many people each morning at DHS simultaneously going for boarding groups has that been creating issues with MDE in doing so??? With how quickly the groups seem to be going it’s be a shame to lose out bc the app decides it doesn’t want to work that day.

Hello all! I’ll preface this with a short story. This morning I got up to book dining as I’ve hit the 180 day mark for my upcoming trip. However, I needed to book all my dining online via computer bc MDE continually kept crashing and would not load ADRs. Typical MDE...

All in all, not a big deal at all as I got the ADRs I was looking for. However, it made me think. With so many people each morning at DHS simultaneously going for boarding groups has that been creating issues with MDE in doing so??? With how quickly the groups seem to be going it’s be a shame to lose out bc the app decides it doesn’t want to work that day.
There were no reported widespread app issues with boarding groups this morning. It mostly has not been a problem, though it could certainly happen anytime.

Thanks for the tips all, first ride was yesterday. Got the bus and was in the park by 7.20am. Got into the app a bit too early but got group 60. Called at 11.20am. Loved every moment of the ride.

Today we were going to Epcot but decided to head to DHS and get a later boarding group if possible for later. Got the skyline at 7.30. Was in the park by 7.50. Took my time I thought logging in, got group 12. Was on the ride before by 8.45am so hung around and rode it before heading over to Epcot!

Today was my day! The last time I rode ROTR was back in early December when you could get a boarding pass as soon as you tapped into HS. So thank you to everyone who provided advice and suggestions about the process.

My DH and I walked over from the Boardwalk this morning and arrived at security around 6:55. We each had a bag that had to be checked, but even with that, it only took about 5 min to get through security. It looked like they started letting people into HS right at 7. We made it into the park around 7:15 (they were scanning fingerprints) and headed to Starbucks for some coffee. We got our coffee around 7:30 and walked up Sunset Blvd. We decided to avoid the crowds to potentially get better cell service, so we sat at a table near the back of Anaheim Produce.

My DH and I both turned off WiFi and Bluetooth. My DH opened his app at 7:55, bur didn’t touch anything on the MDE screen. I waited until 10 seconds before 8 to open my app. We waited for 2 seconds after our phones showed 8 before clicking “Find Out More.”

My DH got us BG 3!!! He had only practiced once before, so he was surprised that he was the one to get the BG for us. We started walking towards ROTR, and they called our group even before we made to GE. We scanned into ROTR around 8:15 and were off the ride a little before 8:40. Such a great start to our day!

3/5 Today was my HS day. First I’d like to thank everyone as I followed this thread almost everday from start. I practiced at home, I got familiar with screens and glitches and had process down. I used Lyft from CSR, got to gate by 6:20, no line at bag check. Went right, let us in at 7:00, my friend fingerprint never works, needed iPad CM. Sat at table old starring rolls, full bars Verizon data, all apps and WiFi off. My iPhone 8, her iPhone 10 both signed into my MDE. 7:58 opened app. Played with Fp modification just to make sure I didn’t have to sign in. Counted 3 seconds after phone registered 8:00 , red button active. My friend didn’t show up. I knew from this thread to just keep going, got BG 32. Went to GET they added her no problem. BG called at 9:45 went immediately got off ride 10:30 and right to Star Tours fp,then MFSR fp. PERFECT DAY. Thanks for all the pointers.

I apologize if this has been asked/answered already...will we still be able to join a boarding group if we enter HS around 7:15 then immediately leave, walk to Epcot and get scanned into that park before 8 (extra Magic Hours)? I know you don’t have to be in HS to join a boarding group but didn’t know if already being in another park at 8:00 would mess it up. Thanks.

I apologize if this has been asked/answered already...will we still be able to join a boarding group if we enter HS around 7:15 then immediately leave, walk to Epcot and get scanned into that park before 8 (extra Magic Hours)? I know you don’t have to be in HS to join a boarding group but didn’t know if already being in another park at 8:00 would mess it up. Thanks.
I don't think anyone has done that and reported back to us if it worked or not
We've had people entering dhs then leaving and getting into bg but not entering another park before being able to join a bg

I don't think anyone has done that and reported back to us if it worked or not
We've had people entering dhs then leaving and getting into bg but not entering another park before being able to join a bg
calling all bloggers. Please test this. It is my plan to RD AK after tapping into HS. So far it looks like they aren't opening AK until after 8 but inquiring minds want to know.

calling all bloggers. Please test this. It is my plan to RD AK after tapping into HS. So far it looks like they aren't opening AK until after 8 but inquiring minds want to know.
I don't think anyone wants to take the risk. leaving DHS for another park proves to be tricky as you can have issues with your bg and then you would have to go back to talk to a GET CM.

With me getting bg #2 today. The key is I had the app running at 755. I had disney app opened at the main screen and once it hits 800am, wait a second or two and hit Find out more.

You should see the red boarding group button. Select all the parties and go thru the process.

If it made any difference, I closed off all opened apps on my phone and was on t-mobile data. I stayed far back from the group and didn't want to rope drop anything.

Just want to say a quick thank you to everyone for keeping this thread so active! I was apart of the original thread (I miss that ol thread) from back in early December and was able to secure BG's twice :darth: on my trip then, before the process changed and this new discussion thread was started. I've been reading (lurking ☺) on this post periodically to stay up to date of the process to prepare family and friends when they go to HS.

Two friends went this morning and thanks to you all reporting back each day with tips and tricks, they were able to secure BG 84 to ride for the first time! From 8:00 AM to when they finally texted texted me at 8:02 to let me know they secured a BG, those were the longest two minutes of my life! The stress waiting to hear if they got one was killing me 😂 (ETA: They used data and did not refresh the app at 8:00 AM. The were in the park and waiting next to ToT, if that helps anyone.) So thankful for everyone reporting back each day. I greatly appreciate your dedication to this thread!

P.S. Surprised that tip about staying to the right to tap into the park faster still works 3 months later! You'd think everyone would be getting in that line by now. 😜

Good luck to anyone else attempting a BG in the coming weeks. May the force be with you!

I think someone posted about this a couple of days ago (so, probably like 30-40 pages back at this point - lol) about their experience doing just this. But my memory is not so great and I do not have the patience to flip through all of the pages to find it.

Excuse me if this is considered a "dumb" question. I keep seeing people mention frustration with people not knowing how to use the tapstyle entrance and today I read something about fingerprints and entry. We haven't been in 11 years and am clueless on this. Can someone enlighten me so that I'm not causing that frustration?! 🤪

Well, I found the old post that talks about this - but, it is an old reference though:
https://www.disboards.com/threads/r...information-no-spoilers.3782822/post-61617511

Excuse me if this is considered a "dumb" question. I keep seeing people mention frustration with people not knowing how to use the tapstyle entrance and today I read something about fingerprints and entry. We haven't been in 11 years and am clueless on this. Can someone enlighten me so that I'm not causing that frustration?! 🤪
RotR has brought unprecedented crowds to rope drop at DHS, and with boarding groups being gone in a minute or two, all of those extra people are anxious to get into the park ASAP so that they don't miss their opportunity. Unfortunately, because of this, someone holding up the line is now more likely to cause some people to get impatient and frustrated.

I don't know exactly what the entry process was like 11 years ago, but now they require a fingerprint scan when entering the parks (in order to prevent multiple people from using the same ticket). The tapstile entry process is actually pretty simple once you know what to do, but it can definitely be confusing at first.
  1. Touch your Magic Band or ticket card to the ball with the Mickey head on it; it should flash.
  2. The fingerprint scanner will light up.
  3. Place your finger onto the fingerprint scanner (Note: the first time you scan, it can be the finger of your choice. Remember which finger you chose because, after that, you must use the same finger as you used the first time for all subsequent scans during your trip).
  4. The Mickey head should turn green, and then you're all set.

RotR has brought unprecedented crowds to rope drop at DHS, and with boarding groups being gone in a minute or two, all of those extra people are anxious to get into the park ASAP so that they don't miss their opportunity. Unfortunately, because of this, someone holding up the line is now more likely to cause some people to get impatient and frustrated.

I don't know exactly what the entry process was like 11 years ago, but now they require a fingerprint scan when entering the parks (in order to prevent multiple people from using the same ticket). The tapstile entry process is actually pretty simple once you know what to do, but it can definitely be confusing at first.
  1. Touch your Magic Band or ticket card to the ball with the Mickey head on it; it should flash.
  2. The fingerprint scanner will light up.
  3. Place your finger onto the fingerprint scanner (Note: the first time you scan, it can be the finger of your choice. Remember which finger you chose because, after that, you must use the same finger as you used the first time for all subsequent scans during your trip).
  4. The Mickey head should turn green, and then you're all set.
Ah, thanks for the explanation! We just had to insert our ticket when we last went!

The Chart on Post #2 has been updated. Another crazy good day for both ride performance and the elapsed time to fill all BGs.

- 147 Boarding Groups were called - 61 Regular and 86 Backups
- All Boarding Groups didn't fill until a whopping 1 hour and 25 minutes past park opening

Visuals for the 31 day period since 8am openings started:

# of BGs Called By Type.png

Elapsed time to fill all BGs.png

Going back to the beginning (12/18) isn't useful or particularly relevant to current day trends, but for those curious, the chart of Elapsed Time to Fill All Regular & Backup Boarding Groups since inception is below. You have to go back to a few days end of Jan/very early Feb to find the last time BGs lasted over an hour.

Elapsed time to fill all BGs_All Time.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter