READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I could've sworn I saw boarding groups 2-24 at about 9:00.

we were group 17 and called at 8:22. I have the text from my husband to confirm. Lol.
Also I asked a CM about the one hour return window. She said it’s all about how fast they can get proper through.

is it possible they have gotten rid of the 2 hour return to get more BG through?

Argh. I just realized something. My battery is starting to go. I had some early shut downs last week (phone powered down when battery life was at 30%). I just realized tonight that these shut downs caused my phone to go into reduced performance mode (so throttled to keep peak power lower). Thus slowing down my ability to get a BG. If you have an iPhone with an older battery it’s a good idea to check. It’s under Battery and Battery Health in Settings. Probably more important than turning off Bluetooth (although that would help too).

Today was our day. I was so prepared thanks to this board! Arrived 6am. About 10 back in tapstiles line. We did go right. Park opened right at 7. Headed to SDD. Looked like almost everyone went to MMRR. CM’s at SDD commented on how few people were in line this morning. Closed app and opened again about 7:50. Hit Find out more after counting to 3 at 8am. Button was not red. Clicked join boarding group. Not active. Went back out thinking I would need to hard close and restart but then button was red. Got 16!! Probably got called right around 9am. About 25 minutes from getting in line to getting off. Awesome ride!

FYI the MMRR line outside the building is almost fully in the sun.

Going again Sunday to try again.

Today was our second and last HS day.
We wanted to get a BG and rope drop MMRR, because we had a FP for SDD and an anytime FP that was good for MFSG. Unfortunately wife and kids took their time getting ready, so I was expecting a long wait for MMRR.
Arrived by car at plaza at 6:50. Was at gates around 7, in the park at 7:15. In line for MMRR at 7:20. At 7:55 I did a speed check and the speed was not great. I hopped out of the line while wife and kids stayed in queue, and I walked to Disney Junior where the speed was much better. 7:59 opened app. T-Mobile 4gLTE. At 8:00:04, find out more; red join boarding group, then was getting the error to try again. I tried a couple of times but didn’t work. Turns out my wife won again today and got in before me and got us the first BG 2! She did the same thing I did, only she did not wait 4 seconds, and tried right at 8. She got red boarding group right away, and so she was quicker. I can’t guarantee this will work as when I did that before, it didn’t work for me and I had to restart the app. I think her phone seems to be in better sync with Disney for some reason, or the force is just strong with her..

we were now worried we were too fast, because to make our BG, we would need to drop out of the MMRR bec our BG had a 1 hr return window when it was called. We had been waiting for an hour now and the line was moving. 1 CM suggested that it will be close, and I will need to leave the queue and will need to come back again and start over. That was disappointing but we didn’t leave and decided to talk to the CM at the FP entrance. at that point we were at the actual Chinese theatre entrance so a good 70 min in line. That CM was more understanding and asked us to step out and he gave us anytime FPs to MMRR so we could go and make our BG. Big thanks to that CM.
so pretty nice day overall as we were able to FP all the headliners. the crowds were a bit on the heavy side, but not that crazy and very manageable.

Okay, group of twelve tomorrow! Ugh. Would you suggest trying for three groups of four with multiple people assigned to work on different groups with different phones? Or gut through the precious seconds and try to tap all twelve people in time? I know GET might be able to get everyone together later . . . Thoughts?
How did it go getting a BG got your party if 12? Guessing as long as you arrived early you rode at some point? Looking forward to hearing how it went for you.

How have the tapstiles been working lately? When we were there in Dec/Jan they often weren’t requiring a finger scan around park opening time. .... I assume to get the crowd of people in more quickly??

is this still being done? I often have trouble with my kids finger scans not working, and I hate to be that one holding up a line of anxious park guests

How have the tapstiles been working lately? When we were there in Dec/Jan they often weren’t requiring a finger scan around park opening time. .... I assume to get the crowd of people in more quickly??

is this still being done? I often have trouble with my kids finger scans not working, and I hate to be that one holding up a line of anxious park guests
It seems to vary day by day.

what we were told at the time is they shut it off at peak onslaught of guests rushing in to get in in-time to make the opening announcement ??

Arrived 5:50, fourth in line at tapstiles. Opened at 7. On MMRR about 7:45. Off 7:58. Join Boarding group red at 8 exactly. Group 3. Backups at 8:01

They are running MMRR early? Interesting...

Practiced this morning...tried old slow wi-fi only device, and it was sluggish but worked - had to My Status the way in. Normal phone turned red fine. Noticed backups at approx 8:01:20.

I’ve been practicing for almost a month now. Opening app btw 7:57 and 7:59. Waiting 3 seconds after 8 to click Find our more. I’ve had varying success with the Join board group becoming active after 2 seconds vs needing to go through My status.

There have been a few times neither way gave me an active button and I’ve restarted the app.

I have an iPhone 7, latest iOS, wifi off, ATT data

For the first time- today and yesterday, different members of my party have been missing. I’ve been there both times, but only one of the rest of my party was there with me, and it was different both days. I‘ll certainly continue through at the park and go to GET if this happens, just find it interesting that I’ve been doing this for almost a month with no party issues and have had it twice in a row.

I've been practicing at home periodically for a few weeks. Honestly, I've been wondering why, since it doesn't seem like a tricky series of instructions to follow. But, so worth it to practice as you have all been saying! Today, I waited until 7:59.55 started my app, clicked the red button, and noticed I only had 4 people in my group instead of 5...and the missing person was me. So weird. It's my account. How can I be the missing person? Anyway, because of practice, I knew not to start over and just keep going. However, once I got to the "wait a minute you don't have tickets screen" I backed out to red button screen and tried again -- I was still not there. I closed out of the app, and then I popped up, but by now it was into backup groups.

So...lessons learned. Keep practicing so you don't freeze up in panic. Remember to go right to close out the app if there are problems other than a missing person.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter