READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Practice from home today, only got to go through the process once (other days I have been able to multiple times) before all buttons greyed out. And I’m back to having no notice that they were into boarding groups.

Also today was the first time I waited and counted to two (after my iPhone clock turned to 8am) and for the first time ever my ‘join boarding group’ button was red!!! I normally have to click my status. Definitely joining the fan club of the count to two strategy.

Teenager on iPhone 5SE. The oldest of the phones. For me, app said I had one kid NOT in the park. Went to remove him from party. Did so. Went with everyone else. Spinning wheel while checking for groups. While spinning, DS15 says he got it. First try. BG 35. View attachment 477104 His only practice was when his 1st period teacher let him try during class.
My son has the same phone! I hope we have the same luck you did!

Once in a lifetime vacation. Only trip to that park. Only chance to ride a ride that most everyone is going to ride. Being told at RD that you can't ride it. People are going to complain. The reality of the ride not being able to handle the amount of people that want to ride it is irrelevant at that point. Disney doesn't advertise that.
Good points!

Where do you see the number of regular/backup groups? I never have seen that in the app when I have practiced.

It says on it on the ROTR info. In the fine print it says boarding groups 46 and above will only be called in initial BG's have been called

At home. I got my new phone yesterday - an iPhone 11. I had both my iPhone 6s max from 2015 and the iPhone 11 open on the app at 7:58. I refreshed the home screen on both phones and exactly at 8:00:01 I pressed “find out more” on both of them at the exact time. They both went to the next page at the same time. Both “my status” and “join a boarding group“ buttons were live, Pressed “join boarding group” On both at same time The old iPhone 6s Worked and went to the next page where I could select my party. I would have been able to join a boarding group today if I’d gone further on the iPhone 6s. The app on my iPhone 11 glitched! It wouldn’t go to the next page. If I had used that phone in the park there would be no riding today for us.

Getting a BG really is a lottery.

Having never tried before today, I'm not sure what I should be seeing. When I got to the number of people in your group stage, I was the only person I could select even though I have 4 other people linked in the account. I don't have any tickets or reservations linked yet. Is that why they don't show, a glitch, or is there something else I should be doing?

Where do you see the number of regular/backup groups? I never have seen that in the app when I have practiced.

See where it says boarding groups 46 and above in the screenshot.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200227-081145_Disney World.jpg
    Screenshot_20200227-081145_Disney World.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 44

Hi all! I’ve been mostly lurking here but with all the drama yesterday I couldn’t resist trying my first practice today- without going through with it all the way. Was just curious if I would get the red button and what the screen with the party would look like.

As others have reported, my party was all messed up. Only 3 out of the 9 people I would need to make to for showed up, and 2 people that I don’t need (one not even coming on the trip) did!:scared:

I understand people are saying to just get it for who you can and then go to GET, but we are hoping to be running to MMRR so that would not be ideal.

Question- is it better to split the party up (each family try for just themselves)? We obviously would love to all ride together but I’m wondering if we have a better chance at the party selection working out with less people. And if you get the red button, does that mean you got a BG, or do you still have to rush through the party screen?

Since the "missing friends/family" phenomena seemed to be widespread today, a cut/paste reminder from Post #1:

Some in my party didn't show up on my Friends/Family List when trying to join a Boarding Group?

This is an issue that is reported with relative frequency.

If someone in your party there with you that morning does not show up in the app when attempting to join a Boarding Group - immediately join yourself and whoever else you can (if applicable), then head to a Guest Experience Team station for assistance. Do not wait or try to restart the app for your missing party member to show up.

Remember, everyone in your party must have entered the park (GET team members have this information and will not add someone who had not tapped in to the park that morning).

It worked differently for me today. When I hit join boarding group, instead of seeing anyone in my list and being able to select all, there was no list and it said something along the lines of “you have no active passes or tickets. Please link tickets before joining a boarding group.” Wonder if this was part of an app update that caused the issues yesterday.

ETA: We are not passholders and have a date specific ticket for our trip in two weeks.

Hi all! I’ve been mostly lurking here but with all the drama yesterday I couldn’t resist trying my first practice today- without going through with it all the way. Was just curious if I would get the red button and what the screen with the party would look like.

As others have reported, my party was all messed up. Only 3 out of the 9 people I would need to make to for showed up, and 2 people that I don’t need (one not even coming on the trip) did!:scared:

I understand people are saying to just get it for who you can and then go to GET, but we are hoping to be running to MMRR so that would not be ideal.

Question- is it better to split the party up (each family try for just themselves)? We obviously would love to all ride together but I’m wondering if we have a better chance at the party selection working out with less people. And if you get the red button, does that mean you got a BG, or do you still have to rush through the party screen?
It's far easier to just hit "select all" than to mess with splitting the group.

Been practicing for a week now. Today's first/second/third attempt I got as far as adding group members, this was followed by a popup at the bottom of the screen telling me something about 'connection issues' and to retry. I've never seen this before and by the time I'd backed out/in 3 times, getting same message over and over, they were at backup groups. Does anyone have a suggested fix/workaround to this?

It worked differently for me today. When I hit join boarding group, instead of seeing anyone in my list and being able to select all, there was no list and it said something along the lines of “you have no active passes or tickets. Please link tickets before joining a boarding group.” Wonder if this was part of an app update that caused the issues yesterday.
Very interesting. :scratchin

Been practicing for a week now. Today's first/second/third attempt I got as far as adding group members, this was followed by a popup at the bottom of the screen telling me something about 'connection issues' and to retry. I've never seen this before and by the time I'd backed out/in 3 times, getting same message over and over, they were at backup groups. Does anyone have a suggested fix/workaround to this?
This is a new phenomenon and no, nothing yet. Seems to be a server load thing.

I've been able to X that message (the one in a blue box and the one in a red box) out and just continue.

ETA: We are not passholders and have a date specific ticket for our trip in two weeks.

I have no tickets at all, and I showed up in the list, but no one else in my group did. Seems like theres a bit of irregularity to the whole deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter