READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys. So, full day at MK, so really couldn't catch up on all this thread. Tomorrow is our morning. We're at Caribbean Beach, and the way those buses run, will just Uber over. No plans to RD anything. I just missed our regular practice session, because our plane landed at MCO at 8:15ish. Has there been any word on if things are any way fixed for now glitch-wise? Or are we in the dark and just cross our fingers for tomorrow? We lost our at-home support for BG for tomorrow, so, just us in the park. We're as prepared as we can be.
In the dark, cross your fingers, and MTFBWY!

Hey guys. So, full day at MK, so really couldn't catch up on all this thread. Tomorrow is our morning. We're at Caribbean Beach, and the way those buses run, will just Uber over. No plans to RD anything. I just missed our regular practice session, because our plane landed at MCO at 8:15ish. Has there been any word on if things are any way fixed for now glitch-wise? Or are we in the dark and just cross our fingers for tomorrow? We lost our at-home support for BG for tomorrow, so, just us in the park. We're as prepared as we can be.
I think we’re in the “they know about it and we know nothing more” and “cross your fingers” territory. Think you’re in as good of shape as can be. We’ll be watching out for up tomorrow. MTFBWY!!

So you aren't going to take the Skyliner? To me that is the biggest disappointment of this .. staying at a skyliner resort where (if it was running) you could get to the park in a few minutes as opposed to waiting for a bus. (Or driving and waiting to get through the toll booth).

You’re right. They were given a multiple experience fp that says multiple theme parks. That’s really only valid for Hollywood studios though right? Like they couldn’t go to Animal Kingdom on that type of compensation correct?

If they click on it it will show what all it can be used for. I would guess any park by the name of it but you never know.

So you aren't going to take the Skyliner? To me that is the biggest disappointment of this .. staying at a skyliner resort where (if it was running) you could get to the park in a few minutes as opposed to waiting for a bus. (Or driving and waiting to get through the toll booth).
Off Topic, but just to reply. We will use Skyliner. We will hop from DHS to Epcot and then back from Epcot to CB. I don't have a problem with Skyliner not running early enough for RotR. What isn't broke with Skyliner, don't fix it. We manage expectations and work accordingly. Honestly, with ALL of this, expectation management is key.

You’re right. They were given a multiple experience fp that says multiple theme parks. That’s really only valid for Hollywood studios though right? Like they couldn’t go to Animal Kingdom on that type of compensation correct?

As already mentioned, if you click on the FP it should say what attractions it could be used for. However, you didn’t mention the comp ticket. From what I understand the ticket can only be used at HS, but again have them look at their media to verify. It should be visible in tickets and passes.

I will be driving my own vehicle from AS sports because I don’t want to be nervous relying on busses. My question is- at the park entrance is there a separate line for ride share vehicles or do they enter the park through the same line as those parking ? If there is a separate line is it all the way to the right ? To the left?
Same toll booths, but after going thru the booths, in the morning regular cars go left, while rideshare, handicapped, and Preferred go right; that's where the backup was. First time I did this, handicapped got stuck in the rideshare mess (I went rogue and made my own path); 2nd time, they'd set up a separate path for handicapped.

I don't get it on why they issued recovery tickets to backup groups. If they didn't get through the regular and an amount went to offsite, then I can see some limited amount of backups not getting on that maybe would have been regular groups on a normal day. But the cutoff today was in the 50s. And backups in the 90s got recovery?

That's generous imho.

I don't get it on why they issued recovery tickets to backup groups. If they didn't get through the regular and an amount went to offsite, then I can see some limited amount of backups not getting on that maybe would have been regular groups on a normal day. But the cutoff today was in the 50s. And backups in the 90s got recovery?

That's generous imho.
Because the people in the backup groups should have gotten guaranteed groups and didn’t because of the glitch, and Disney knows it.

Maybe before the new normal (when they changed opening time to 8:00). But since then, ALL regular BGs (which is anywhere from 40-60) are gone within 30 seconds.
Seems to be more like 60 seconds than 30 seconds. It's stressful enough without making it out to be worse.

That's generous imho.
My two cents, there were enough people that got BGs that weren’t in the park to disrupt the flow of BG assignments for the day. There’s no way to know what BG those that were in the parks “should have” gotten. Maybe my friend, who got BG 90, would have gotten 72. Or 58. And maybe they would have gotten to ride. Disney can’t possibly know the true impact of the “glitch” and this is a simple way to minimize the blowback for those that were actually impacted.

FLukes happen, but usually due to some change to the system. The software probably has a switch where you can turn on or turn off "have to be in the park" (probably for software testing capability) .. and somehow that switched got turned on in their production environment. So they were testing some change .. and it snuck into live.

Glitches don't necessarily happen because of changes. Sometimes there are hardware failures. There are a number of computer systems involved in park operations. While they are most certainly built to be redundant, things still happen and there are issues communicating between them. We've seen days where the computers that manage scanning in to the parks can't talk to the systems that manages the ticket entitlements - the failsafe in those situations seem to be "let people in, clear it up later". I still believe something similar happened with the BG system unable to talk to the park entrance system to validate entries, and the "failsafe" is to let anyone trying to get a boarding pass. In a "normal" situation, that state makes sense - few outsiders would even by trying to get a boarding pass, and even if they did, they wouldn't be in a position to use them. However this isn't a "normal" attraction, and apparently the automated recovery offerings for breakdowns also aren't verifying park entry - probably because they didn't think of it.

I think this was just a failure condition with unintended results, and not some nefarious plot to change things.

The fastpass is probably good for anything in any park; as others said, they just have to tap on it to find out if there are any restrictions. However, imo it would be silly to use it on anything but Rise of the Resistance since that is the only attraction without a standby line or normal fastpass line. They can even try for another boarding group and possibly ride it twice tomorrow- once with the group, once with the fastpass. The ticket is probably only for HS.

I assume it’s the same as what we were given today. A fp dated for tmrw (although the CM at rise said it’s not tied to tmrw-not sure about that since the app says 2/27) for any park, any ride listed which included ROTR and FOP even. The comp tic was a one day studios ticket good til 2/25/22

Please don't laugh but is there any sense in trying to join a boarding group if one gets into HS around 11 am? Or should we not bother? My friend and I are definitely not rope drop people.

Not a shot. They are gone
I had backup 104 from home. Just got a notification that I will get a fp for tomorrow AND a one day DHS only ticket?!?;

Is this for real?

Long story, today a glitch occurred and people could join a BG even if they didn't enter DHS.

It will likely not occur again so is old news now.

I was talking about the people practicing that weren't in the park. Did they get free 1 day tickets?
That's just insane.

Have they been giving out 1-day passes recently to people in backup groups who don't get to ride? I thought they had stopped that and it would make even less sense for them to offer it today. Theoretically, no one was harmed by today's glitch. Unless the ride was operating with empty seats (which I highly doubt), they didn't get through everyone in the park who got a BG so those who got shut out due to those at home would still have not gotten to ride. Of course, if these reports that they gave compensation to back up groups are true then there will be a handful who have a legitimate gripe.

And you know pretty much everyone on this board is going to be testing tomorrow morning to see if this has been fixed . . .

Not really comical for the people in the park I’m sure. I really feel for them. Instead of giving recovery to everyone who got a boarding group (many of whom weren’t at the park), they should have given recovery to everyone in the park today who didn’t get to ride rise. Huge screw up from start to finish.

ETA I for one will not be trying tomorrow or at any time before my trip until it is clear this has been fixed. It’s just not fair to those in the park and now we know that.
Thing is they got through the regular boarding groups and well into the backups. And the loads were up to what WDW ride has been performing lately.....so the capacity didn't change and those not in the park still not getting tonride.

Instead though the recovery sent out bunches of passes to none riders and also quite a few in the park that probably won't have ridden anyways due to capacity....not the home people grabbing boarding groups. Those in the 90s probably would not have ridden anyways got recovery.

That will impact tomorrow and next day visitors too....taking away those backup groups chances of riding....and they will not receive any recovery if return to normal operating procedures.

That's my point. Being overly generous on one side will impact things downstream. We see it when WDW gives out too many FP recoveries and jams up all the FP lines of other rides. Eg Indy Jones show gets cancelled and two thousand MultiFP swamp out TOT/rockandroll for the entire day

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter