READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
It could very easily become a new policy that BG can be aquired from outside the park. They just need to require an active ticket on MDE.

As I said above, I really think this was an intentional change but they weren't ready for it go live yet.

I feel for the CM more than for the guests at moments like these. The guest has the ability to salvage a bad moment and go have fun at the park or back at their hotel, the CM has to stand there for 8 hours and get yelled at. Be it that the front of the line doesn't really know what happened or they know but they were told to stay on script is atrocious

The CM's didn't spend THOUSANDS of dollars to come to Disney. Disney is all about service, and they are failing and a shadow of the company they once were. It's all about profit and satisfying Wall Street. Disney is advertising this as the ride is open. It's not open. It's book a flight, spend tons of cash, wake up at the crack of dawn and spin the wheel. It's absurd.

It could very easily become a new policy that BG can be aquired from outside the park. They just need to require an active ticket on MDE.
I think this really should be done. The problem with that is "no shows" but that probably happens anyway - if I'm there at opening but get a BG much later in the day, something could come up that makes me decide to skip it. I'm sure it happens.

What I hope DOESN'T happen is they ask for some non-refundable monetary deposit. But with Disney, that's not out of the question either.

Ok. GR rep spoke to me and then went and talked to people in the back. Then she came back and said “that’s not what happened and there’s no way that people not in the park got a BG. It’s not possible.” Then she told me that they are not adjusting anyone’s bg today. Given her first statement is obviously untrue, I’m not sure whether or not to believe that. If true I guess bgs will fly today. Time will tell.

I’m leaving the park to figure out what to do with the rest of my day.

You should have shown her this Board.

The CM's didn't spend THOUSANDS of dollars to come to Disney. Disney is all about service, and they are failing and a shadow of the company they once were. It's all about profit and satisfying Wall Street. Disney is advertising this as the ride is open. It's not open. It's book a flight, spend tons of cash, wake up at the crack of dawn and spin the wheel. It's absurd.
That in no way means they should have to take the brunt of people's anger. I seriously doubt CM's on the ground have a clue what happened. Give them a little time to figure it out and see what they do about it rather than have stomping fits. Getting angry and abusing CM's wont' fix anything.

It’s one ride. If you’re going to the park for the sake of one ride you are guaranteed to be disappointed.

As I said above, I really think this was an intentional change but they weren't ready for it go live yet.

If (big if) that’s what this was there has to be more to it. No way they intend it to be a free for all so they anyone around the world can grab. Not to mention today tickets werent required.

I finally jumped in a short GET line to see if anything could be done with my backup 90 group since I had screenshots of “something went wrong”. Neither CM there knew people not in park got BG. The one guy was incredulous and asked if I could show him and right at that time he got aN internal memo and said here it is right here. He was very kind, as was I. Bottom line. Nothing they can do, cross my fingers for my backup 90. There was a software update this morning he said. I wonder if they update a lot on Wednesdays?could that lend to the poorer wed/fri performance?

I think this really should be done. The problem with that is "no shows" but that probably happens anyway - if I'm there at opening but get a BG much later in the day, something could come up that makes me decide to skip it. I'm sure it happens.

What I hope DOESN'T happen is they ask for some non-refundable monetary deposit. But with Disney, that's not out of the question either.

In the case of no shows, they could allow more BG to be released towards the end of the day after they see "x" amount of no shows.

I understand your point but if you read what I said I'm talking about the front of the line CM, not the ones getting the profit. If you also read the last thing I said, I agree this is absurd, not taking any negative feeling the guests has, they are understandable, but you have to put yourself in the others position as well. Both front of the line CM and guests are being negatively impacted by this

The Help Chat function in the app was super easy to use. I reported it there. They were very nice about it. They said, "That is not good, and I will pass that along because you should have to scan into Hollywood Studio's to be able to get a boarding group." You think?

I encourage others who got a boarding group from elsewhere this morning to report it (if you haven't yet), so they fix it ASAP and are more helpful to those in the park.

As stated before this thread is not a complaint thread. There are others thread to discuss feelings and ideas regarding BGs.

I finally jumped in a short GET line to see if anything could be done with my backup 90 group since I had screenshots of “something went wrong”. Neither CM there knew people not in park got BG. The one guy was incredulous and asked if I could show him and right at that time he got aN internal memo and said here it is right here. He was very kind, as was I. Bottom line. Nothing they can do, cross my fingers for my backup 90. There was a software update this morning he said. I wonder if they update a lot on Wednesdays?could that lend to the poorer wed/fri performance?
Well I’m glad people are starting to have a more positive experience than those of us who were told we were wrong anyways.

You’ll get on. All the groups ahead of you are half full.

If (big if) that’s what this was there has to be more to it. No way they intend it to be a free for all so they anyone around the world can grab. Not to mention today tickets werent required.

I agree. This was not the intent today. I think they were tweaking the code but hadn't completed & tested yet. And the old version wasn't made active again before 8AM.

Just my speculation but code doesn't just change without somebody doing it. The previous system has been working for weeks. This was changed. Possibly by mistake during a test. But code doesn't just "glitch". It's also possible some hardware failed somewhere that caused this but I don't see how.

I feel for the CM more than for the guests at moments like these. The guest has the ability to salvage a bad moment and go have fun at the park or back at their hotel, the CM has to stand there for 8 hours and get yelled at. Be it that the front of the line doesn't really know what happened or they know but they were told to stay on script is atrocious
Yes! Guests inside the park will find out about it on social media or from others guests. I’m just imagining the buzz in ride lines today “Did you hear.....” That just fuels frustration and it gets directed to the CMs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter