READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
but will they stay empty or swill someone stroll into the park at 8:30 check out the app and get BG 21 or something since now it is available with people dropping them? (although I bet not everyone that got one from home will think to drop it so likely the early BGs won't be 100% full)
That is my concern!!!

I have always had success in practice from home...until today. Those of us who were never able to get in this morning, does anyone have the app update? I’m just wondering if that affected anything. I have been hesitant to update, but if I have to...
I have iPhone 11 and updated app. First day i Haven’t gotten a practice BG. Part of it was I accidentally added someone and had to delete them from the group taking precious seconds but then just the red message of no new groups

Could they maybe be testing a new feature? Horrible idea to let folks not even in the Florida area get bg. I hope the people who actually got a bg can get on today since they seemed to hault any calling.

I wonder how many people have BG right now that don’t even have tickets!

Yes it’s bad this happened, but I am pretty worried why it did. What are they tinkering with that did this, doesn’t seem like this could happen on its own.

Please don’t change something major 😐

Really with MDE they should be able to see first whether your linked tickets are even active yet before even allowing you to try to reserve a BG, and then secondly if you have actually tapped into DHS that morning. That would prevent a lot of unnecessary reservation attempts even though all the practicers would be out of luck.

That's how it has worked every single other day. Today was a glitch that allowed people outside the park in. It's supposed to limit only to those who have scanned in at DHS.

Not sure how this will be reflected on the chart! Yikes. Is the acronym GET for Galaxy's Edge Team?
GET Guest Experience Team they wear blue shirts and are located through out the park under blue umbrellas, like a remote guest relations
Could they maybe be testing a new feature? Horrible idea to let folks not even in the Florida area get bg. I hope the people who actually got a bg can get on today since they seemed to hault any calling.
If it's a test it's not a good one, even people without tickets being able to join is not good.

Logged in to my sister-in-law’s MDE account today to practice getting a BG for their upcoming March trip (I will help from home). Wanted to make sure they were all listed correctly. Went through the process and got BG 29. Freaked out, as I wasn’t exactly sure how far in the process I could go. Was waiting for the app to tell me they were not in the park. Hoping I did not screw up anything for their upcoming trip. How far in the process can you go when practicing from home? Did I screw up any of their plans? 😳

Forget Florida it is a horrible idea if people not scanned into the HS can get a BG. I do not even like the idea of onsite guests being able to try to from their room and adjust their day plans if they get a BG while I am standing in RD at HS and come up empty

I have never posted here before, have been watching this forum for a long time, but today's events are prompting me to speak up. May I please suggest that either we agree as a community to STOP PRACTICING FROM HOME???? Or at the very least, agree to choose just one day each week to practice? Having hundreds of people on the app from home is what has turned the boarding group process into a lottery.The system wasn't designed to handle traffic outside the parks. It's only going to get more and more overloaded as we head into spring break. Can we be kind to those in the park and come to some sort of agreement to limit practicing or just stop altogether?

CM here now telling people that the ride “just filled” and there’s nothing that can be done bc “all the spots are filled” and they can’t make more. She’s a manager.

I get they prob can't do much as I'm sure there's no contingency in place for this. And the probably have no idea how many spots were filled by people that shouldn't have been getting one. But from the sounds of it, they aren't going about it the best way

Man, software testing. I have been in software development for almost 28 years, and I can tell you, testing has gotten worse and worse as the years have gone on. It is the last priority, the first groups to be decimated by layoffs, and now they think tools will find all the bugs without the need for testing. When I started 28 years ago testing was big.

Not in the park but my daughter and wife are. They got BG 13 this morning but said it seemed like there were a lot of disappointed people compared to when we were there Saturday.

Her BG is still showing in the app but no groups have begun boarding the ride

Not sure about GET lines. I think they were rope dropping Rocking Rollercoaster. I will ask her and If I hear anything I will post

Ok a follow-up. Daughter reports huge lines at GET and is concerned that no groups have boarded yet. But they aren't near ROTR to find out more. Her BG13 still shows in her app.

I have never posted here before, have been watching this forum for a long time, but today's events are prompting me to speak up. May I please suggest that either we agree as a community to STOP PRACTICING FROM HOME???? Or at the very least, agree to choose just one day each week to practice? Having hundreds of people on the app from home is what has turned the boarding group process into a lottery.The system wasn't designed to handle traffic outside the parks. It's only going to get more and more overloaded as we head into spring break. Can we be kind to those in the park and come to some sort of agreement to limit practicing or just stop altogether?

unless they put some sort of lock earlier in the process, you'll never get everyone to stop. It's not like posters here are the only people in the entire world doing this

This isn’t caused by us at home. Something was changed on Disney’s end to allow this. Not to mention, the Disboards is such a tiny part of Disney guests in actuality this is likely to have little to no effect even if it was slowing things down in general.

I mean, focus blame where it belongs, Disney‘s systems.

I looked at my app at 8 to see if the button went red, but didn't do anything else because I thought the app doesn't go further if not in the park, so no at home boarding group here. It did look like it went to backups very fast.

If I was in the park today, I'd be upset it went to this, would like to hear feedback how the GET will handle this and what the outcome will be today for those trying to actually ride. Will this affect tomorrow's boarding groups?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter