READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just want to post a thank you to everyone for posting all the information and their experiences. we are a 60+ couple going to WDW (first time without kids!) early March, and everyone whom we tell that we're about to go to WDW and experience Rise of the resistance, has the same response : 1) we're crazy for going to Disney at our age and 2) The only way to get on the ride is to line up at 5 AM, we'll be standing in line for HOURS, and might not even get on, all the spots are taken by the locals, don't waste your whole day waiting in line for one ride, etc, etc. Oh, and two of these people "know" what they're talking about because they used to work at WDW.
So, I am armed with all the info and knowledge here, and being cautiously optimistic that we WLL get to ride the first day. But also realistic, and have a couple of other days we could try and have another shot at it.
So - thank you all, for giving us hope. I will be sure to report back.

Last edited:
I just want to post a thank you to everyone for posting all the information and their experiences. we are a 60+ couple going to WDW (first time without kids!) early March, and everyone whom we tell that we're about to go to WDW and experience Rise of the resistance, has the same response : 1) we're crazy for going to Disney at our age and 2) The only way to get on the ride is to line up at 5 AM, we'll be standing in line for HOURS, and might not even get on, all the spots are taken by the locals, don't waste your whole day waiting in line for one ride, etc, etc. Oh, and two of these people "know" what they're talking about because they used to work at WDW.
So, I armed with all the info and knowledge here, and being cautiously optimistic that we WLL get to ride the first day. But also realistic, and have a couple of other days we could try and have another shot at it.
I wish you all the luck!

If I head to the park early to get in to get a boarding pass, can I book for all 3 of us or does everyone have to be shown as checked into the park?

If I head to the park early to get in to get a boarding pass, can I book for all 3 of us or does everyone have to be shown as checked into the park?

Hi @tguz, FYI, I moved your post to this larger Boarding Group discussion thread. PP is correct with their response. You may also find the FAQ on Post 1 helpful as it covers the basics of the process.

So, I am armed with all the info and knowledge here, and being cautiously optimistic that we WLL get to ride the first day. But also realistic, and have a couple of other days we could try and have another shot at it.
You’re going to be great!! You’re so ready. Please be sure to post your experience that day!! 🤞🍀

Btw, who’s saying you shouldn’t be going to WDW at age 60 without kids?!?! They have no idea. I can’t wait to be going in my 60s without kids!! Sure I’ll take my grandkids someday. But come on. I’ll be there for me. 😆

We didn't get an exact number today, a cm said "140 something" so we can assume everyone got in

That is encouraging since it seems like anyone who tried would have gotten a BG that was called today. But TP still had today as an 8/10, so I wonder why the demand dropped off so much this morning? I'll see everyone tomorrow at 8. :)

That is encouraging since it seems like anyone who tried would have gotten a BG that was called today. But TP still had today as an 8/10, so I wonder why the demand dropped off so much this morning? I'll see everyone tomorrow at 8. :)

What's important is what TP calls it tomorrow. The 8 is a prediction. Tomorrow they will have actual crowd levels (based on wait times).

I found this whole thread to be so helpful! We just returned from Disney World and I wanted to report back on our experience. My 13 year old is a huge Star Wars fan, so getting on ROTR was a big priority for us. We went to DHS on Tuesday 2/18. We took a boat from the Yacht Club a little after 7 and were through bag check and ticketing by 7:45. The masses were heading to Galaxy’s Edge and Toy Story Land, but we decided to try standing near the Chinese Theater right in front of the stage and got four bars on Tmobile. My son has an iPhone X and I have an XS. We ran speedtests that reported 45 to 50 mbps. At 7:50 we closed and reopened the app. We tried to ignore the announcements and go with the time on our phone clocks. Right at 8, we hit Find Out More. My son got BG 15 right away, but forgot to add the rest of our family to his party! He realized right away, and I was able to remove him from my party and got back up BG 101. We headed over to the Guest Experience line, and crossed our fingers for some Disney magic, along with 50 or so others. After waiting for an hour long line our Guest Experience cast member added us to my son’s boarding group (and saved him from being disowned by the rest of us!) We headed to the ride at 9:06 and were out at 10, so quite a long wait, but we loved the ride!!! We decided to try again the next day. Got to the park a little earlier, and decided to try our luck and head toward Galaxy’s Edge. We could only get up to the Star Tour entrance because of the crowds. We still had 4 bars of service. We sat down on the curb and my speedtests were even faster than the day before. Followed the same close and reopen process, and set to staring at our phone clocks at 7:58. My son got BG 6 before the announcement was even over and I was still on the add to my party screen. I could not believe his luck! His new profile pic is Lightning McQueen! Thanks again to everyone on this thread for all of the tips!

Got BG 5 today! :cheer2:

-Both on T-Mobile / iPhone X / SO has iPhone XR FWIW
-Turned off Wi-fi
-Turned off bluetooth
-Me and SO both Opened app at 7:58 for 8am opening and kept it open
-Hit the AT-AT picture right at 8:00:00 according to my Apple Watch (used the fitness face that has seconds)
-Joining boarding group wasn’t lit up so I hit “My Status”
-Added me and my SO and I got BG 5 right away
-First group on RotR at 8:10ish

I had no problems at all with the app. We were right down Sunset Blvd. in front of the gift shop and got full reception. We were a bit worried since our Lyft driver got lost trying to pick us up and we got there a bit later than we were expecting. Staying to the far right after baggage check felt like a fast pass since it moved so fast so that definitely helped.

Ride is absolutely amazing and worth it IMO. The final sequence of the ride wasn’t working 100% but I’m glad it worked out because this was our only park day since we are here mainly for the half marathon tomorrow.

Thanks for the amazing tips and may the force be with all of you!!!

Our family is headed to DHS tomorrow. Can’t wait! Just curious what time everyone got there today? I know it was a strange one with the weather & race. So it’s hard to predict what tomorrow will be like.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter