READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll be at DHS tomorrow morning, technically streaming at 9am but I'll go early enough to try for a bg. Got a fp for AS2 and MFSR so it'll be a fun morning regardless
Where do you post your streaming? Is it available after you're done as well?

I wonder if anyone who arrived at HS shortly after 8am even bothered to check for Boarding groups. I‘m sure most people would have hought they‘d be long gone.
You're assuming everyone is following this or a similar discussion. There are still a large number of Guests (perhaps the majority) who have no idea what's been going on with BG's. And remember, it's only the past week that BG's have been selling out in under 5 minutes. Even Guests who did some prep may not have been checking the discussion up to the minute.

Hi! We’re at Polynesian this weekend. We were planning to take a 7am Minnie Van from Poly to HS on Sunday but with the Half Marathon our concierge is saying we won’t get there in time to get through the tapstiles and bag check. Should we move the Minnie Van to 6:30? Will that give us enough time?
If your concierge is giving you advice about crowds for this weekend I would take it over any of our opinions. I would ask the concierge for a recommendation on what time to leave.

When we had issues over Pres Day weekend (& had to rely on visiting & revisiting GS to sort things out) more than one CM expressed that:

Even if guests try exacty at the get-go for boarding groups, it is basically a lottery as to whom gets what boarding group, if any

& not a popular sentiment here, but...

When I brought up subject of how people outside the park are ‘practicing’, those I spoke to agreed that the extra traffic is likely slowing down the app for those in the parks. However, there is no way in place to stop it.
I had been wondering about that.

You're assuming everyone is following this or a similar discussion. There are still a large number of Guests (perhaps the majority) who have no idea what's been going on with BG's. And remember, it's only the past week that BG's have been selling out in under 5 minutes. Even Guests who did some prep may not have been checking the discussion up to the minute.
Maybe I’m wrong, but I do assume at this point, that most people whose goal is to arrive for opening at HS know how quickly boarding groups are gone, especially since it’s been almost 3 weeks since back up boarding groups lasted for more then 40 minutes and that was on a 7am opening.

Maybe I’m wrong, but I do assume at this point, that most people whose goal is to arrive for opening at HS know how quickly boarding groups are gone, especially since it’s been almost 3 weeks since back up boarding groups lasted for more then 40 minutes and that was on a 7am opening.
I'm sure there are plenty of people who don't even realize there are boarding groups. Just like there are people who don't realize there are Fastpasses or that they're free.

I'm sure there are plenty of people who don't even realize there are boarding groups. Just like there are people who don't realize there are Fastpasses or that they're free.
Definitely. There are always going to be people who don’t know about anything.
But I think it’s safe to assume that the bulk of people showing up at HS at opening these days are there for a boarding group.

I see people talking about getting to the park hours early. If they let everyone in an hour before it opens and the boarding groups aren't available until park opening, why are people arriving SO early? Does it take hours to let everyone through the turnstiles? The crowd levels are 9/10 during our upcoming trip and I don't know how many hours early to arrive!

But.. they would. Everyone is still trying at 8 to get a boarding group. So those fill super quickly as they always would, then there are just less people looking for backups, so those fill less quickly. The demand is still there at 8.

Maybe, but I would expect the falloff to be a little less drastic, say 15 minutes before backups are gone, not 40.

I would add, looking at the chart it is not unprecedented for backups to last that long, maybe that is really the difference between insane crowds and just heavy crowds.

I see people talking about getting to the park hours early. If they let everyone in an hour before it opens and the boarding groups aren't available until park opening, why are people arriving SO early? Does it take hours to let everyone through the turnstiles? The crowd levels are 9/10 during our upcoming trip and I don't know how many hours early to arrive!

Depends if you want to rope drop an attraction or not. If you’re just there for the BG just make sure you leave early enough so that any transportation mishaps don’t make you late. You just need to be in the park and ready to go at opening time. To me that means walk through the gates no less than 10-15 minutes early for peace of mind and to find a spot to wait.

If you’re there for say, SDD or MFSR you want to be at the front of the pack. Standard 90 mins before opening kind of thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter