READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mainly focused on testing early today and it didn't appear to open early at all on my end.
Same experience here, trying from home. Also, I had something happen at home that I've previous seen only in the parks--the Something Went Wrong message, so I had to shut down the app and open it again.

My experiment just now: Instead of opening the app at 7:59:55 or something, I opened the app at 7:59 and clicked Find Out More. Nothing. I left it on that screen and clicked My Status at 8:00 and go right to the page where you choose who in your party is going. Interesting.

08:01:10 BG
08:03:15 BG gone
This was my experience today too. Seems like fewer BGs and more back ups today since backups lasting longer than yesterday? Once backups started, I was getting a “trouble connecting” message every time I tried to get a BG but when I tried a second time it would go through to the “you’re not in the park” message.

At 7:59 I opened the app. At exactly 8:00 I hit “find out more”. It took maybe 3 seconds for that next screen to load at all. I honestly don’t remember whether I hit “my status” or “join boarding group” first. Once I did hit join boarding group, I got a screen telling me to link my tickets. No friends and family appeared. I took a screenshot and was prepared to go to a GET. I hadn’t encountered this in any of the times I’ve practiced over the last week. Luckily, my mom was able to secure boarding group 25 on her phone, so I’m good. Does anyone know if I did anything wrong?475196

This is the first chance I got to practice at exactly 8:00 in quite a while. At 8:00 I was able to get through using my status, but when I backed out and went back in I got the red not admitting new guests message twice. I actually had to do my first force close of the app, and if was backups when I got back in and back through again.
That message popped up a few times for me as well. Would have been very frustrating if I had been in the park.

Sort of strange app activity for me this AM. Regulars went away in about 40 seconds, then there was a good nearly 45-60 second pause where nothing was available.... some more toggles and it eventually came on for backups, which lasted until 8:03 and 30'ish seconds.

My Status and create your party clicks had longer spinning circles of death than prior mornings.

As always, YMMV.

Same experience here, trying from home. Also, I had something happen at home that I've previous seen only in the parks--the Something Went Wrong message, so I had to shut down the app and open it again.

My experiment just now: Instead of opening the app at 7:59:55 or something, I opened the app at 7:59 and clicked Find Out More. Nothing. I left it on that screen and clicked My Status at 8:00 and go right to the page where you choose who in your party is going. Interesting.
I had the something went wrong” message also today once it went to backup BGs

Just registered here after reading all the helpful tips and feeling some sense of solidarity I'm being nervous about this.

I've been practicing most mornings and this morning had to be the worst ever: I had about 5 seconds (sorry not a more scientific measurement) before I got the BG closed message. Yikes.

At 7:59 I opened the app. At exactly 8:00 I hit “find out more”. It took maybe 3 seconds for that next screen to load at all. I honestly don’t remember whether I hit “my status” or “join boarding group” first. Once I did hit join boarding group, I got a screen telling me to link my tickets. No friends and family appeared. I took a screenshot and was prepared to go to a GET. I hadn’t encountered this in any of the times I’ve practiced over the last week. Luckily, my mom was able to secure boarding group 25 on her phone, so I’m good. Does anyone know if I did anything wrong?View attachment 475196
You didn't do anything wrong, it was a glitch on your phone. Glad you got in

Practice session at home was rough. Couldn’t even get the sign in to work at 7.55. Eventually got it to sign in by going on home WiFi. Then, had multiple red pop ups saying not admitting new guests, to refresh and then get a group. All of party also didn’t show up in my app til 8:01.

I think the frustrating part is the inconsistency, as I’ve practiced multiple times at home to prep for my trip next week. I feel like it’s all a crapshoot at this week and will depend solely on how well the app is working for me the morning we go.
Yesterday only my kids showed up. Today, nobody was there to select. Lol.

Sort of strange app activity for me this AM. Regulars went away in about 40 seconds, then there was a good nearly 45-60 second pause where nothing was available.... some more toggles and it eventually came on for backups, which lasted until 8:03 and 30'ish seconds.

My Status and create your party clicks had longer spinning circles of death than prior mornings.

As always, YMMV.
Agreed it was strange today, got this message when regulars went out
Screenshot_20200220-080047_Disney World.jpg

An interesting practice session this morning. I got a red error popup at the bottom of my screen at some point but I was toggling so fast I missed what it said. My stats are a little off today because I kept going back in to see if I could get a BG and I think I didn't have the "Est Wait Time" of "Backups" until 8:01. And then I was still toggling, think that's when I got the red pop up the first time, I got a couple of "Something went wrong" pop up, went back and was able to get back into selecting people for a BG, got the red error two more times and took a screenshot for research purposes.
so it would seem like I was in a loop where I was getting this message and yet could back out and try again. Not sure what I would have gotten for a BG. I did not get the “all gone” until sometime after 8:03.

Notably, I realized yesterday that I had always been practicing on WiFi - either at home or in my office. So I turned that off today and only have two bars - a good stress test. And it clearly lead to different results. But seeing some of the other experiences this morning, it wasn't just me. How interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter