READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, advice - we are making a 2nd attempt tomorrow, the family is all on notice! We are not taking any bags so we only have to do the tapstiles. We do not have any rides we want to rope drop. the only thing we want to do is get a BG, and we have FPs for TSM and MFSR later in the day.

So, taking all that into account, what time would you leave BC? My kids want to take the Skyliner but it doesn't open until 7:30 which would cut it way too close, but I think we could get a boat in the 7:10-7:15 range based on my morning balcony observations.

x2. I've been burned by "just missing the boat" too often to chance it. Fun fact - the only thing I've ever 'complained' to Disney about was my experience one time with a Friendship Boat, but that's OT. I just really don't like them at all and I don't trust them (admittedly hyperbole on my part, just one of those things).

While that timing "should" be fine under many circumstances, seems too close since you've already had trouble one time getting everyone rolling. If for some reason boat availability works against you, then you're back to walking/tired kids again (unless you have a stroller?).

I'm not one to waste time sitting around/being overly cautious with timing, but I think these circumstances warrant more prudence.

Child swap was well organized. They added the person waiting plus 2 others. I’m not well versed in child swap, but I believe you can only hold one at a time, so we were careful not to get another. They show up in MDE similar to a fastpass and are good for the rest if the day. Unfortunately we headed back to the resort with the kids, and by the time the riders made it back, the ride was shut down and they couldn’t ride.
Thank you, this is exactly what I needed to know. Sorry they didn’t get to ride though 👎🏼

Okay, advice - we are making a 2nd attempt tomorrow, the family is all on notice! We are not taking any bags so we only have to do the tapstiles. We do not have any rides we want to rope drop. the only thing we want to do is get a BG, and we have FPs for TSM and MFSR later in the day.

So, taking all that into account, what time would you leave BC? My kids want to take the Skyliner but it doesn't open until 7:30 which would cut it way too close, but I think we could get a boat in the 7:10-7:15 range based on my morning balcony observations.
I agree with SouthFayetteFan. The Skyliner will be better to take when you’re leaving the park. Duct tape the magic bands to everyone’s wrist while they sleep. Once in the park, wait til 3 seconds before 8 and have the kids screaming fire. That’ll really distract everyone trying to get a BG while you swoop in and get low BG for your family.

Ok, don’t do the fire thing, other than that, you got this. Main goal is to get in the park, so only do what you can control.

Just a PSA for those around WDW this weekend. A reminder, it is the Princess Half Marathon weekend - 5k on Friday, 10k on Satuday, Half on Sunday. While road closures are generally away from DHS, it still could impact travels for some.

runDisney puts out a very handy labeled Google Map with road closures, which you can find here:

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/v...ll=28.391712365588823,-81.56371249999995&z=14
And the courses themselves are labeled on this map:

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/v...6-PTpav&ll=28.394041945160765,-81.566329&z=14

I would be out the door of BC by 645 and I would not be waiting for skyliner or a boat. If your goal is ROTR there’s no room for error.

@blistex, I don’t remember your first attempt, but I strongly recommend you walk. You’re at one of the few resorts where you don’t have to worry about any transportation mishaps and can time your arrival exactly when you need it to be. Take advantage if you can!

I may be biased because as much as I love those crescent lake resorts, you can count me in as a friendship boat hater too 😂

I agree with SouthFayetteFan. The Skyliner will be better to take when you’re leaving the park. Duct tape the magic bands to everyone’s wrist while they sleep. Once in the park, wait til 3 seconds before 8 and have the kids screaming fire. That’ll really distract everyone trying to get a BG while you swoop in and get low BG for your family.

Ok, don’t do the fire thing, other than that, you got this. Main goal is to get in the park, so only do what you can control.

My son left his magic band in the stall in a restroom in Animal Kingdom yesterday for nearly an hour before any of us noticed so duct tape sounds pretty good at this point!

Thanks for the advice all on timing, I was worried you'd tell me that! My husband is an absolute bear to get moving in the morning so I'm thinking maybe the kids and I will just split without him (and with our MBs!) around 6:45 and if he doesn't tap into the park in time for me to add him to a BG then oh well for him. As an FYI for anyone here or arriving for runDisney, the boats have been running every 5 minutes or so in the 7-7:30 window the last two mornings we've been watching, so pretty good odds on making a boat relatively quickly if you do find yourself running later.

@blistex, I don’t remember your first attempt, but I strongly recommend you walk. You’re at one of the few resorts where you don’t have to worry about any transportation mishaps and can time your arrival exactly when you need it to be. Take advantage if you can!

I may be biased because as much as I love those crescent lake resorts, you can count me in as a friendship boat hater too 😂
Mugs, magicbands, and missed boats: twas a tragic tale!

https://www.disboards.com/threads/r...-2-no-spoilers.3782822/page-521#post-61569566

My husband is an absolute bear to get moving in the morning so I'm thinking maybe the kids and I will just split without him (and with our MBs!) around 6:45 and if he doesn't tap into the park in time for me to add him to a BG then oh well for him.

Ohana means family. And family means no one gets left behind. Except for rope drop and getting a RotR Boarding Group.

My son left his magic band in the stall in a restroom in Animal Kingdom yesterday for nearly an hour before any of us noticed so duct tape sounds pretty good at this point!

Thanks for the advice all on timing, I was worried you'd tell me that! My husband is an absolute bear to get moving in the morning so I'm thinking maybe the kids and I will just split without him (and with our MBs!) around 6:45 and if he doesn't tap into the park in time for me to add him to a BG then oh well for him. As an FYI for anyone here or arriving for runDisney, the boats have been running every 5 minutes or so in the 7-7:30 window the last two mornings we've been watching, so pretty good odds on making a boat relatively quickly if you do find yourself running later.

Grumpy husband is all the more reason to skip the boat 😂. Leave your room about 20-30 mins before you want to be walking up to DHS depending on the slowest walker in your party. No waiting at the dock, no running for a boat, no waiting at the Swan/Dolphin stop, less room for error!

....have I mentioned I really don’t like those boats?

Today, off of WiFi, got boarding group 20. Hoping we can get to ride.
I want to thank all the tips from this group. Not being successful on Sunday and reading additional tips made me learn from my mistakes. However, the park seemed a lot less crowded yesterday than on Saturday, and therefore more enjoyable.
Be prepared that on weekends the park is filled with locals in addition to all the tourists so crowds will be higher. I am just glad that we got to ride yesterday, because I don’t think I would have convinced my husband do to another early morning.
We are staying at Bay Lake, on Sunday, we tried calling a Minivan and Lyft at 6:30am. Kept having to refresh because it’s such a busy time and there are more requests than Lyfts. Finally got on on at 6:59am, and the driver’s app kept sending her more rides following ours. Dropped off 7:24am. She said it’s like that every morning. Yesterday, called the Lyft at 6:15am, and got on at 6:26am, dropped off at 6:44am. There was a very big difference in the line for security on both days.
On Sunday there was a line and it took us a while to get through, yesterday there was just one person ahead of me at security and I went through really fast. Just leaving the resort an extra 15 minutes earlier, made such a big difference.
Also, we kept right, and had to wait for the tapstiles to open. We were though the gates by 7:13am vs. 7:40am on Sunday.

Went directly to Toy Story land. Turned off WiFi and waited for 8am. We were standing in what would be the line for Slinky, but they horde everyone together until 8am so everyone is together until they open the lines. I moved my clock app and MDE right next to each other so I could wants the seconds turning. I also had good view of the clock on TSM and saw that my clock matched the TSM exactly. My time clicked up as the time switched on TSM. My husband and I shut down all our apps running to avoid slowing our phones. At 7:59:55 my husband and I both clicked MDE. Clicked Find Out More. My app stayed grey, so I clicked, My Status. My husband’s turned red, so I told him click it. We both clicked Join Boarding Group each of-our phones at the same time. I was looked at his phone and it told him that he already had a group. And we looked at mine and it said BG 20. I think that had he not showed me that his button turned red, he would have gotten a lower number. The woman behind us had two kids and kept trying to add her daughter but she was not registering so finally she gave up and just added her son and got BG 82. I am assuming they all got to ride because I saw their BG was called.
We rode slinky dog and I was keeping watch of the BGs that were being called. It started with 6, then 6-10, and it kept creeping up. By the time we got off the ride Around 8:30am it was 6-18, so we knew our time was close, so we started heading towards GE, and indeed our group was called by the time we got there.
One thing to note is that the walkway from Toy Story Land to GE is closed in the mornings and they made several announcements about that.
The ride was amazing. We also rode MSR later that day, which was also fun, but RoTR was just more amazing and has a great re ride ability, because so much is going on around you. It will probably be several years before we are able to ride it multiple times a day.

I used to buy T-Mobile prepaid sims once we got to the States but with the wifi coverage being so awesome I didn't do that on my last few trips as I literally had wifi everywhere I needed to have a connection. I faired pretty well with it. I just didn't see the point so far in buying a sim card. However, seeing those boarding groups right now, I may reconsider cause I don't think they'll change any time soon. Our DHS day is 3/3 so not that far out....

Well those SIM Cards at Amazon are onyl around 18€. I never bought any for my trips to the US for the same reason like you - usually you have free wifi everywhere. But as I ve got only one day at Disney I dont wanna risk anything and compared to the money the whole vacation costs 18€ is nothing. ;)

And we wanna use Uber a lot so in some areas we wont have WIFI.

Anyway our day is at the beginning of May (not the 4th ;)) so there might be a lot of changes untill then.

Other consideration:. IF you discover you forgot something important. JUST KEEP GOING!! As long as you have everyone's MB, just get to the park, tap in, make sure you are all registered as in, then send the husband back to get whatever after BG distribution. As long as you're tapped in, he could even turn around and exit the park to retrieve said important item and STILL grab a BG, but regardless GET IN THE PARK FIRST!

In all the planning and reading, sometimes I can't keep my head straight. Just one week out! I cannot remember if this was already mentioned: once we are tapped into DHS, what is the best way to double-check that the system has us as physically in the park? Should we see a GET CM to verify or check a particular section of MDE? We have 2-day MYW Tickets, and this would be our final ticket day. Would the tickets and passes section of MDE give any sort of indication?

Thanks!

In all the planning and reading, sometimes I can't keep my head straight. Just one week out! I cannot remember if this was already mentioned: once we are tapped into DHS, what is the best way to double-check that the system has us as physically in the park? Should we see a GET CM to verify or check a particular section of MDE? We have 2-day MYW Tickets, and this would be our final ticket day. Would the tickets and passes section of MDE give any sort of indication?

Thanks!
Yes. You'll see that you have no days left on your tickets, assuming this is your final day.
Also, remember, if you are going through the getting-a-BG process and all of your family/friends don't show up, KEEP GOING and book the BG anyway. The remaining members of your party can be added by a GET CM afterward.

What about with my AP- is there anyway to see that I’m in? I guess making sure the Mickey turns green, but I’m traveling solo, so can’t just add another person.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter