READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
We were at DHS on 2/10 and 2/13. The first day we were in the park about an hour before open and in line for Slinky. I was able to get in over my husband and sister and we got BG 13. On 2/13, we only made it in the park with 30 minutes before open and were towards Little Mermaid on the way to Toy Story Land. Also group 13! Felt bad for those around us and didn't want to cheer right away when I got it because I got in so fast!

We were BG 41 today. When finally called after frequent down time, when in line had delay with snacks and water passed. Started back up and then went down again when on ride and evacuated. Given FP to return anytime today but GET member was able to change it to 2/19 for us.

Our experience yesterday... after a few days of practice my DH and I thought we were good to go. So we tapped in at 7:15 and lined up with the masses at the start of GE. We made sure we had 4 bars and both on data. At 8:00 clicked find out more but no buttons were lit. So back and forth we went and DH finally got 129. We never had a problem practicing at home. No ride for us. I don’t think we’ll try again this trip. We don’t want to waste park time hoping we get the chance. We’re fortunate to be coming back this summer and can hopefully try then and maybe the ride willl be more reliable. Thanks to everyone posting with suggestions!! Maybe next time...

Our experience yesterday... after a few days of practice my DH and I thought we were good to go. So we tapped in at 7:15 and lined up with the masses at the start of GE. We made sure we had 4 bars and both on data. At 8:00 clicked find out more but no buttons were lit. So back and forth we went and DH finally got 129. We never had a problem practicing at home. No ride for us. I don’t think we’ll try again this trip. We don’t want to waste park time hoping we get the chance. We’re fortunate to be coming back this summer and can hopefully try then and maybe the ride willl be more reliable. Thanks to everyone posting with suggestions!! Maybe next time...

Curious to know how you opened the app. Did you force close the app and not press any buttons until 8am? Or did you have it open and were clicking around prior to 8?

We got to the park today about 7:00 and headed straight to SDD. We were just outside the entrance to TSL. Hard closed my phone and rebooted about 5 till opening. Opened app when the announcement began and got in right away and got group 42. Several around us, ended up with backup groups.

We had a hour wait after that for SDD. Waits on all rides were ridiculous, so I was glad our FP+ were for 9:30,10:30, 11:30. We got called after 1, but ride broke down while in line. First came the snacks, then the characters. We waited over an hour before ride reopened.

Glad we did it, but won’t be going anytime soon until this process changes. The park just can’t handle the number of people who were there.

And when you saw that the join a boarding group was not red, did you try my status and join from there?
If you don't see the red Join Boarding button right away, click my status. If that's not lit up blue to click, force close the app and try again, at least on one phone if you have multiple. Maybe a bit slower to restart, but constant refresh doesn't always work, so at least the app restart should get you in a bit faster.

In response to the "cautionary tale" post: If you've got more than one MB, put your spare in your bag. When I'm at WDW, I always have a spare MB in my bag. I've left the resort without one and my DH lost his a couple trips ago. So now I keep extra(s) in my bag for the entire trip. They weight just about nothing and take up minimal room.

I always do that too since my daughter forgot hers once a few years ago when we left our hotel room.

In response to the "cautionary tale" post: If you've got more than one MB, put your spare in your bag. When I'm at WDW, I always have a spare MB in my bag. I've left the resort without one and my DH lost his a couple trips ago. So now I keep extra(s) in my bag for the entire trip. They weight just about nothing and take up minimal room.
Brilliant. Also good for when your kid's falls off somewhere and you don't realize it until you're about to tap into the park. Not that this has happened to us. :rolleyes1

Brilliant. Also good for when your kid's falls off somewhere and you don't realize it until you're about to tap into the park. Not that this has happened to us. :rolleyes1
To everyone who responded to my idea--I cannot believe I've got a typo in there (weight instead of weigh). Too late to amend my post now--it's been quoted too many times! Nevertheless, I heed my own advise, so hope it helps out someone else.

And, yeah, sitting on the bus to the park, looking down and realizing one's (not mine!!) MB is just not on one's wrist.

I've seen a few recommendations to create a new MDE account for just the people riding. Bbn I'm currently using my husband's account. If I do my own can I not include my two year old who is in my room. Alternatively can I make one for my ten year old who is in a different room and just include some of us in the other room.

I've seen a few recommendations to create a new MDE account for just the people riding. Bbn I'm currently using my husband's account. If I do my own can I not include my two year old who is in my room. Alternatively can I make one for my ten year old who is in a different room and just include some of us in the other room.
When is your trip? I would be too afraid to create anything and mess with it.

Just got off :)

6:09PM: Enter FP queue and walk straight (spoiler) with no wait. I asked someone from standby who joined our (spoiler) and they said they waited 20 min - nice to hear they weren't overloading the queue

6:32PM: Exited ride with no issues.

The people in my ride vehicle could not stop raving about how great the experience was. I just had a huge grin hearing how much they loved it. They were like, we have to come back on Thursday to try again!

And we are off and wow!!!
Just got off :)

6:09PM: Enter FP queue and walk straight (spoiler) with no wait. I asked someone from standby who joined our (spoiler) and they said they waited 20 min - nice to hear they weren't overloading the queue

6:32PM: Exited ride with no issues.

The people in my ride vehicle could not stop raving about how great the experience was. I just had a huge grin hearing how much they loved it. They were like, we have to come back on Thursday to try again!
Glad you both were able to ride today! Hope it was everything you expected and more!

If you need to use a spare magic band that you brought do you need to do anything on MDE app to have that magic band show your tickets ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter