READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm one of those once in while travelers. And I wouldn't want any limitations on the numbers of time I can try for a ride when I'm there. If someone paid for his entry (tickets or pass), that person should have the right to try and ride. If the ride is so popular that it warrants getting up at 4am well so be it. If it's trying to rope drop FoP to avoid a 4 hours line or getting a BG for RotR same difference in my book. You paid, you're there, you get a shot.
I could not agree with you more.

I personally think the Boarding Group system is extremely intelligent and civilized.
They have now reduced the number of people showing up extremely early, before park opening with the 'BG Lottery'. Without a system like this, you would have an insane Standby Line all day long in Florida heat. The line-ups outside the Park, before opening would be just stupid - just to be in the front of the line on park opening. Pushing, shoving and fighting would be all but guaranteed.

You are free to enjoy other activities and rides while waiting, generally improving your day.

I also travel a great distance (over 1200 miles) to enjoy WDW and if I want to go to SWGE every day to get my 'chance' at a RotR BG, that is my prerogative. Everyone has the same option to adjust their days to what is important to them. Last trip, I was willing to scrub my AK day and try again if we were not successful getting a BG on our HS day; I was fortunate I did not have to.

I'm one of those once in while travelers. And I wouldn't want any limitations on the numbers of time I can try for a ride when I'm there. If someone paid for his entry (tickets or pass), that person should have the right to try and ride. If the ride is so popular that it warrants getting up at 4am well so be it. If it's trying to rope drop FoP to avoid a 4 hours line or getting a BG for RotR same difference in my book. You paid, you're there, you get a shot.

That’s kind of the problem though. There is no way to “guarantee” yourself a ride if you want it bad enough. There’s no getting up at 4 AM to ride. People who ARE willing to put in tons of effort to get on are sometimes coming up empty.

Something I hate that people do is generalize, I am a local and I am a vlogger, I have been on RotR once after official opening, not because I am thinking of letting people have my spot just because I haven't felt the need to wake up early again :)
A limit on bg would just not fly, PR-wise.
Some people are in their once in a lifetime trip planned just for SWGE and they may want to ride multiple times during their once in a lifetime trip
I agree that everyone paid a price to be able to go into the park, everyone should have the option of riding as many times as they are lucky enough to get
And btw the percentage of local/vloggers riding a lot is very very low

Something I hate that people do is generalize, I am a local and I am a vlogger, I have been on RotR once after official opening, not because I am thinking of letting people have my spot just because I haven't felt the need to wake up early again :)
A limit on bg would just not fly, PR-wise.
Some people are in their once in a lifetime trip planned just for SWGE and they may want to ride multiple times during their once in a lifetime trip
I agree that everyone paid a price to be able to go into the park, everyone should have the option of riding as many times as they are lucky enough to get
And btw the percentage of local/vloggers riding a lot is very very low

I don’t disagree it might be a PR issue limiting people, but not necessarily worse than what’s currently going on.

I don’t like that anybody, from Orlando residents to someone coming from across the world, does everything right but misses out. If reliability is so poor that this keeps happening more and more, I’m okay with some sort of temporary measure to help. A week may be a bit much, but again they limited per day which is unprecedented, so I’m open to more.

I'm torn....there is no PERFECT system.

FP- those staying offsite would argue they will never get a FP at 30 days (though I have got SDD and FOP same day by pounding the app a few times) therefore making it unfair to those who are offsite but paid the same amount per ticket.

Virtual que- on/offsite guest argument eliminated but then the issue of having to be here when the park opens and groups being gone in a split second.

Eliminate all virtual/fp ques...then you have people that show up ungodly hour resulting in DISNEY paying more money to staff due to increased liability of guests sitting at the gates.

They just can't win.

I don’t disagree it might be a PR issue limiting people, but not necessarily worse than what’s currently going on.

I don’t like that anybody, from Orlando residents to someone coming from across the world, does everything right but misses out. If reliability is so poor that this keeps happening more and more, I’m okay with some sort of temporary measure to help. A week may be a bit much, but again they limited per day which is unprecedented, so I’m open to more.
I honestly don't think it would make any quantifiable difference. But, needless to keep discussing it as I don't believe Disney would ever do this

I don’t see limiting guests to 1 ride on ROTR every 2 or 3 days or whatever as fundamentally different than the limits on prebooked FPs (and I know that there are a lot of people who object to those too). Things like tiering and allowing only one advance FP per day for any one attraction are based on demand for attractions and are designed to allow as many people as possible to get ONE experience for the most popular attractions before others get their second. And right now, ROTR is extraordinarily popular and the erratic performance further reduces the supply of successful rides.

Tapstyles opened at exactly 7am - no fingerprint. We are through and in this line at GE for getting on MFSR - got here at 7:13, so not bad! Stay right definitely helped (heard other people saying "stay right!")

View attachment 474442

So jealous - they were fingerprinting when we got there and it was our undoing (well, that and some serious bungling on my part with our departure so we only had 15 minutes to get tapped in).

i think they should limit to 1 regular boarding group/week, but anyone should be able to get a backup.
I disagree - We will be there in March, it's been 4 years since we were last at WDW, and might be another 4 or more years before we return. So if we want to try to get a BG 3 days during the week, then that's what we will do. Is riding 2 or 3 times in one week any more or less unfair than the fact that some people might ride 4 or more times in a year?

BG 30 called at 11:25 with 2 hour return ... We are at the Droid Depot now though as had 11:20 apt

I'm so happy to see you got to ride!! Also we had a droid depot appointment at 11:20 too, wonder if we saw you there!

The story of our attempt is a cautionary tale:
4:21 AM: My kids wake up for the day, I hate my life a little and force everyone to stay in bed. I must have gotten to doze a bit more because...
6:20 AM: Actually up for the day. Get everyone ready.
7:10 AM: husband is still in bathroom. We set a meeting point at DHS and the kids and I leave Beach Club to fill our mugs and catch the Friendship Boats over to DHS which I see heading our way. We have "so much" extra time I decide I can take a bag after all.
7:15 AM: Mere steps from the dock, I realize we all left our magic bands in the room. Every single one of us. We go back to our room.
7:20 AM: Reunited with our magic bands and my husband, but I don't have time to figure out how to not take my bag now, don't have time to figure out how to get what we do need in pockets, and you know we just missed the last Friendship Boat that could possibly get us there in time, so, we walk. From the far end of beach Club, With a 4 and 6 year old. Who, by the way, mostly sprint the first half (and then whine a lot during the second).
7:45 AM: We have arrived at bag check! Hope remains alive but the lines are long. We stay to the right, lines are much shorter.
7:52 AM: Through to the line for the tapstiles, minor miracle. We stay to the right, lines are maybe shorter? Hard to tell.
7:58 AM: We could reach out and touch the tapstiles but there are two families also with young kids in front of us. Literally every single family has at least one child whose fingerprint doesn't work because those stupid things never work on the littles. The guy directly in front of me is doing a truly impressive job of not losing it at this point, it is obvious he really wanted a BG but we both know it is 8:01 and they're probably gone by now.
8:03 AM: Finally through the tapstiles. You know the rest of this story.

We may try again a different day, we're here until Friday. Maybe I'll remember my park tickets before leaving this time 🙃

DHS was miserably crowded and I was kind of glad we weren't under any obligation to stay there past our Droid Depot res. We did Star Tours, SDD, and Little Mermaid on fast pass, hit the muppets and the droid depot, and now we're back here recovering.

I disagree - We will be there in March, it's been 4 years since we were last at WDW, and might be another 4 or more years before we return. So if we want to try to get a BG 3 days during the week, then that's what we will do. Is riding 2 or 3 times in one week any more or less unfair than the fact that some people might ride 4 or more times in a year?
I hear you- I live in MN. I don’t think there really is another solution, except leaving it what it is. I hope to ride twice in April, but I wouldn’t mind if the 2nd time was a backup...

I think the number of repeat riders are probably statistically insignificant anyway. Limiting people to once every whatever would be good for certain optics, and bad for others. I understand why people get frustrated when they see someone riding the 9th time when they couldn’t get on even once, and I would hope that the people who have ridden 9x would know better than to brag about it to someone who hasn’t managed to get on it at all.

Ultimately the boarding group system is all the ride can probably handle right now, because it can’t have scheduled fastpasses until it has way better reliability. But have no fear, the fastpass day will arrive eventually. Plenty of people out there would gladly stand in line for 3 hours for a chance to ride that they can’t get today.

My two cents - we should probably reign in the “it should be this way” posts a bit for purposes of this thread (which is fundamentally about tracking and strategies for the existing BG process for trip planning purposes).

There’s a “BG Method Poll” thread here that is a better home for opinions/commentary: https://www.disboards.com/threads/rise-of-resistance-line-method-poll.3789015/

I'm so happy to see you got to ride!! Also we had a droid depot appointment at 11:20 too, wonder if we saw you there!

The story of our attempt is a cautionary tale:
4:21 AM: My kids wake up for the day, I hate my life a little and force everyone to stay in bed. I must have gotten to doze a bit more because...
6:20 AM: Actually up for the day. Get everyone ready.
7:10 AM: husband is still in bathroom. We set a meeting point at DHS and the kids and I leave Beach Club to fill our mugs and catch the Friendship Boats over to DHS which I see heading our way. We have "so much" extra time I decide I can take a bag after all.
7:15 AM: Mere steps from the dock, I realize we all left our magic bands in the room. Every single one of us. We go back to our room.
7:20 AM: Reunited with our magic bands and my husband, but I don't have time to figure out how to not take my bag now, don't have time to figure out how to get what we do need in pockets, and you know we just missed the last Friendship Boat that could possibly get us there in time, so, we walk. From the far end of beach Club, With a 4 and 6 year old. Who, by the way, mostly sprint the first half (and then whine a lot during the second).
7:45 AM: We have arrived at bag check! Hope remains alive but the lines are long. We stay to the right, lines are much shorter.
7:52 AM: Through to the line for the tapstiles, minor miracle. We stay to the right, lines are maybe shorter? Hard to tell.
7:58 AM: We could reach out and touch the tapstiles but there are two families also with young kids in front of us. Literally every single family has at least one child whose fingerprint doesn't work because those stupid things never work on the littles. The guy directly in front of me is doing a truly impressive job of not losing it at this point, it is obvious he really wanted a BG but we both know it is 8:01 and they're probably gone by now.
8:03 AM: Finally through the tapstiles. You know the rest of this story.

We may try again a different day, we're here until Friday. Maybe I'll remember my park tickets before leaving this time 🙃

DHS was miserably crowded and I was kind of glad we weren't under any obligation to stay there past our Droid Depot res. We did Star Tours, SDD, and Little Mermaid on fast pass, hit the muppets and the droid depot, and now we're back here recovering.
I’m sorry your morning was so wretched. I hope you get better luck another day!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter