READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
A quasi-on topic question...

For those planning to head to DHS after the Princess 5k or 10k Friday or Saturday, how are you planning on getting to DHS? Bus to an Epcot resort and walk? Uber/Lyft from Epcot to DHS?

Any guesses as to how/if Sundays marathon crowd will affect the DHS crowds? Trying to gauge a good time to head on out to DHS.

I'm so happy to see you got to ride!! Also we had a droid depot appointment at 11:20 too, wonder if we saw you there!

The story of our attempt is a cautionary tale:
4:21 AM: My kids wake up for the day, I hate my life a little and force everyone to stay in bed. I must have gotten to doze a bit more because...
6:20 AM: Actually up for the day. Get everyone ready.
7:10 AM: husband is still in bathroom. We set a meeting point at DHS and the kids and I leave Beach Club to fill our mugs and catch the Friendship Boats over to DHS which I see heading our way. We have "so much" extra time I decide I can take a bag after all.
7:15 AM: Mere steps from the dock, I realize we all left our magic bands in the room. Every single one of us. We go back to our room.
7:20 AM: Reunited with our magic bands and my husband, but I don't have time to figure out how to not take my bag now, don't have time to figure out how to get what we do need in pockets, and you know we just missed the last Friendship Boat that could possibly get us there in time, so, we walk. From the far end of beach Club, With a 4 and 6 year old. Who, by the way, mostly sprint the first half (and then whine a lot during the second).
7:45 AM: We have arrived at bag check! Hope remains alive but the lines are long. We stay to the right, lines are much shorter.
7:52 AM: Through to the line for the tapstiles, minor miracle. We stay to the right, lines are maybe shorter? Hard to tell.
7:58 AM: We could reach out and touch the tapstiles but there are two families also with young kids in front of us. Literally every single family has at least one child whose fingerprint doesn't work because those stupid things never work on the littles. The guy directly in front of me is doing a truly impressive job of not losing it at this point, it is obvious he really wanted a BG but we both know it is 8:01 and they're probably gone by now.
8:03 AM: Finally through the tapstiles. You know the rest of this story.

We may try again a different day, we're here until Friday. Maybe I'll remember my park tickets before leaving this time 🙃

DHS was miserably crowded and I was kind of glad we weren't under any obligation to stay there past our Droid Depot res. We did Star Tours, SDD, and Little Mermaid on fast pass, hit the muppets and the droid depot, and now we're back here recovering.

Presumptuous as to your preferences on my part, but I think you need to head down to Hurricane Hannah’s and get a CAT 5 pronto.

Your tale is helpful for those who for whatever reason get behind schedule on their arrival plans. I hope you have better luck on future attempts.

My two cents - we should probably reign in the “it should be this way” posts a bit for purposes of this thread (which is fundamentally about tracking and strategies for the existing BG process for trip planning purposes).

There’s a “BG Method Poll” thread here that is a better home for opinions/commentary: https://www.disboards.com/threads/rise-of-resistance-line-method-poll.3789015/
Yup. We've been through at least 2 rounds of the "it should be a different way" already, maybe more.

In response to the "cautionary tale" post: If you've got more than one MB, put your spare in your bag. When I'm at WDW, I always have a spare MB in my bag. I've left the resort without one and my DH lost his a couple trips ago. So now I keep extra(s) in my bag for the entire trip. They weight just about nothing and take up minimal room.

Any guesses as to how/if Sundays marathon crowd will affect the DHS crowds? Trying to gauge a good time to head on out to DHS.
No impact. The course does not go near DHS nor Osceola Parkway. It will effect RD at MK and Epcot until about 10:30 or so.

In response to the "cautionary tale" post: If you've got more than one MB, put your spare in your bag. When I'm at WDW, I always have a spare MB in my bag. I've left the resort without one and my DH lost his a couple trips ago. So now I keep extra(s) in my bag for the entire trip. They weight just about nothing and take up minimal room.
Great idea! I had never thought of doing that and we Akshay’s have lots with us.

A quasi-on topic question...

For those planning to head to DHS after the Princess 5k or 10k Friday or Saturday, how are you planning on getting to DHS? Bus to an Epcot resort and walk? Uber/Lyft from Epcot to DHS?
I plan on Lyfting after the 5K Friday, and am hoping the need to get to HS ASAP will motivate me to a great run time!

Ok. We are heading to HS on March 6. Fingers crossed the Disney gods are on our side to get a BG. I will bet if we do the 20 yr old will snag it. But what is this construction wall on the right everyone is talking about. Last time we were there (about a year) they were building Skyliner terminal and there was just one really long white construction wall. Where is this green one I’m supposed to keep to the right of. And we stay at Boardwalk but usually walk as it’s faster than the boats so that Is where would come in. Not the Friendship dock

Ok. We are heading to HS on March 6. Fingers crossed the Disney gods are on our side to get a BG. I will bet if we do the 20 yr old will snag it. But what is this construction wall on the right everyone is talking about. Last time we were there (about a year) they were building Skyliner terminal and there was just one really long white construction wall. Where is this green one I’m supposed to keep to the right of. And we stay at Boardwalk but usually walk as it’s faster than the boats so that Is where would come in. Not the Friendship dock
It's next to the tapstiles entrance, inside the security bubble

I don’t think it will affect it at all. I think the Venn diagram of marathoners and DHS attendees will be two separate and very full bubbles.

I have been thinking about this hypothetical situation since they have changed the SSD RD lineup procedures. I am curious what the rest of you think.

Would they consider filling the inside lines of MMRR first as part of their RD procedures before corralling people outside? If they do how worried would someone be trying to get a BG from inside of the ride building?

Obviously I know nothing but this thought of being lined up inside of the building trying to get cell signal for a BG has me freaking out a bit

I have been thinking about this hypothetical situation since they have changed the SSD RD lineup procedures. I am curious what the rest of you think.

Would they consider filling the inside lines of MMRR first as part of their RD procedures before corralling people outside? If they do how worried would someone be trying to get a BG from inside of the ride building?

Obviously I know nothing but this thought of being lined up inside of the building trying to get cell signal for a BG has me freaking out a bit
I think they probably will. It will cut down on the chaos outside a little. I wouldn't want to try form inside.

I always have at least one in my work bag as ... Well, you never know when I might wind up in Orlando ;)

Maybe I'm remembering incorrectly but I don't remember service in that building being so great. I would not want to try that.

We went back after our Oga's (having seen the BG #s go up) ... And it was down again. So we are taking a break. Getting hot and kids are really tired.

Hopefully better performance to come!
Keeping fingers crossed for you all. Pretty much same thing happened to us. We camped out by the entrance until it came back up again. Much different with the kiddos. They will definitely enjoy it a lot more once they are more awake and well rested though

If they do fill up the MMRR queue it will only be up to the part where the props used to be (if you remember GMR queue) the big room where the movie clips played is completely different and now part of the pre show. So I would guess connection in that first room to still be alright, but we won't know for sure until opening

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter