READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bus left Coronado 7:05. Tapped in to park about 7:40. BG 44 for group of 10. 2 of our party didn’t work so joined 104. Going to GET to combine the group.
Going to stay at Coronado next week, can you tell me how the buses worked for you heading to the parks? I noticed that there are 4 stops and was wondering how full the HS bus was by the last stop (assuming the lobby building is the last stop) before heading to the HS park.

Just a report on how my Day went at HS... They was still opening at 7:00 a.m.... Got there at 5:00 a.m. already 100s of people there.. Opened and tapped in at 6:20 ish and got in line at rope drop for MF. At 7:00 when BG opened It seemed like a lifetime went by trying to get a BG, heard people yelling that they had got one finally I got 84... Wasn't happy but I had one, thought it would be at night before I got to ride. Well BG was moving along pretty good that day and at 1:30 they was up to 83, well wouldn't you know it broke down and about a hour later they called 84.. Ride is awesome and worth the wait... Hopefully when I go back in December things will be different...

We’re going to be at HS on Tuesday next week. The hope is to rope drop MFSR with minimal wait. (But would like as much sleep as possible too!) We’re planning to arrive at the park at 6:30AM. Does that arrival time sound right? Too early? Too late? Thanks all for the help!

We’re going to be at HS on Tuesday next week. The hope is to rope drop MFSR with minimal wait. (But would like as much sleep as possible too!) We’re planning to arrive at the park at 6:30AM. Does that arrival time sound right? Too early? Too late? Thanks all for the help!

Kinda OT for this thread, but I thought this was an interesting visual related to your question.

I find that my app works better with Bluetooth turned off (in the app itself). That feature sucks battery and reduces speed, too. And I don't think it's necessary for getting a BG, is it?
Your comment confuses me. I was talking about wifi, not Bluetooth. No, Bluetooth is definitely not necessary for securing a boarding group.

Just a report on how my Day went at HS... They was still opening at 7:00 a.m.... Got there at 5:00 a.m. already 100s of people there.. Opened and tapped in at 6:20 ish and got in line at rope drop for MF. At 7:00 when BG opened It seemed like a lifetime went by trying to get a BG, heard people yelling that they had got one finally I got 84... Wasn't happy but I had one, thought it would be at night before I got to ride. Well BG was moving along pretty good that day and at 1:30 they was up to 83, well wouldn't you know it broke down and about a hour later they called 84.. Ride is awesome and worth the wait... Hopefully when I go back in December things will be different...
??I thought the park opened at 8am?
4A94D682-C7A2-4F66-A8EB-6AF8FF5F0E24.png

I have a a question. If a member of the party has tapped in at a different park (assuming it opens at the same time as HS), can they be selected when you get your boarding group? When I went, HS was opening early, but it looks like other parks are open at the same time now?

I have a a question. If a member of the party has tapped in at a different park (assuming it opens at the same time as HS), can they be selected when you get your boarding group? When I went, HS was opening early, but it looks like other parks are open at the same time now?
No. They need to tap in DHS first. Then they can park hop if they want

No, they must have tapped into DHS to be selected for a boarding group. Once they've tapped in they can go to another park but they must have tapped into DHS.

What I don't believe has been tested is what happens if that person, after tapping into DHS and leaving, taps into another park prior to BG's being selected. Are they still eligible to be selected for a BG? That we don't know.

Personally, I don't want to be the person to test that! :rolleyes1

No. They have to be tapped in to HS.

No, they must have tapped into DHS to be selected for a boarding group. Once they've tapped in they can go to another park but they must have tapped into DHS.

What I don't believe has been tested is what happens if that person, after tapping into DHS and leaving, taps into another park prior to BG's being selected.

Personally, I don't want to be the person to test that! :rolleyes1

People do that at DLR (get the BG from inside California Adventure after tapping into DL), so not exactly proven concept in WDW but maybe reassuring for someone who wants to try.

Im with you, I’m not being one to test it, and I still am not comfortable with the idea of leaving the park to get a BG just incase.

People do that at DLR (get the BG from inside California Adventure after tapping into DL), so not exactly proven concept in WDW but maybe reassuring for someone who wants to try.

Im with you, I’m not being one to test it, and I still am not comfortable with the idea of leaving the park to get a BG just incase.
I really wouldn't recommend leaving the park until you secure a bg.
You don't know if you'll get a low bg and be called immediately
Or
You don't know if you'll have issues joining and need to talk to a GET CM
At DL they can also book fp using mp regardless of which park they are tapped into so I wouldn't count on their experience the same as ours

I really wouldn't recommend leaving the park until you secure a bg.
You don't know if you'll get a low bg and be called immediately
Or
You don't know if you'll have issues joining and need to talk to a GET CM
At DL they can also book fp using mp regardless of which park they are tapped into so I wouldn't count on their experience the same as ours

I don’t recommend it either, like I said I’m not comfortable with it. Double that since the app update, I haven’t even got mine to open today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter