This video will be removed around 2:00 PM EST.

READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited:
People do that at DLR (get the BG from inside California Adventure after tapping into DL), so not exactly proven concept in WDW but maybe reassuring for someone who wants to try.

Im with you, I’m not being one to test it, and I still am not comfortable with the idea of leaving the park to get a BG just incase.
I really wouldn't recommend leaving the park until you secure a bg.
You don't know if you'll get a low bg and be called immediately
Or
You don't know if you'll have issues joining and need to talk to a GET CM
At DL they can also book fp using mp regardless of which park they are tapped into so I wouldn't count on their experience the same as ours
Re: DL, DCA is literally 100 yards away. Any concept of park hopping is completely different over there. Tapping into DL, then DCA is no big deal bc they are still just right there. At WDW, however, while it may be possible and while Disney might not realllly care all that much, tapping into another park AFTER DHS really means you're not really close at all. Regardless, sure it might work, but unless someone with AP has already ridden dozens of times and now is willing to give it a whirl, I would NOT recommend trying it.

Re: DL, DCA is literally 100 yards away. Any concept of park hopping is completely different over there. Tapping into DL, then DCA is no big deal bc they are still just right there. At WDW, however, while it may be possible and while Disney might not realllly care all that much, tapping into another park AFTER DHS really means you're not really close at all. Regardless, sure it might work, but unless someone with AP has already ridden dozens of times and now is willing to give it a whirl, I would NOT recommend trying it.

I brought up DLR because of the concept of what people are doing, but in either scenario there isn’t really time to fix any issue if you leave either one of the parks, DHS or DLP. Things go so fast I think it’s risky to even leave the gates.

But to each their own. Lots of people think the reward is worth the risk.

really does demonstrate how towards park closing is the best time to go.

Making me wonder if we should target doing ToT/RNRC at rope drop instead (we were able to get a SDD FP) (apologies for continuing the "kinda OT" discussion)
If you go to the thrill-data.com link in the tweet, you can check out there graphs or create custom graphs. Where SDD and MFSR has generally been 80-100 minutes at open, TOT and RNRC have been 40-60 minutes.

*****Before you remove people from your MDE, be sure to download any photopass photos!*****

Be sure you have downloaded any photopass photos from previous trips! I have an AP, so I have all our photopass/memory maker photos since last May. I always download after each trip, but I can confirm that once I removed my son (who is NOT traveling with us in April), all of his photos with his wife (they were engaged during our last trip) are now gone. So I'm very glad I did have them downloaded, but just also wanted to make sure to let everyone else know. It's something you might not think of.
Ask everyone who isn’t going to rename themselves zz-last name during your trip so that they are below your current travelers in the list.
I like this idea, but will this mess with any reservations that are in the real last name?

*****Before you remove people from your MDE, be sure to download any photopass photos!*****

Be sure you have downloaded any photopass photos from previous trips! I have an AP, so I have all our photopass/memory maker photos since last May. I always download after each trip, but I can confirm that once I removed my son (who is NOT traveling with us in April), all of his photos with his wife (they were engaged during our last trip) are now gone. So I'm very glad I did have them downloaded, but just also wanted to make sure to let everyone else know. It's something you might not think of.
do you think this will apply to current trip photos too? Photopass will be on my account and two other families will be linked for planning and Photopass sharing. If I de-link everyone not trying for RotR and then re-link them after that's done, will that mess with our photos?

do you think this will apply to current trip photos too? Photopass will be on my account and two other families will be linked for planning and Photopass sharing. If I de-link everyone not trying for RotR and then re-link them after that's done, will that mess with our photos?
In the middle of a trip? Don't mess with that. Just keep everyone as is. Yes, it could mess things up I would think.

This notion of eliminating extra people from your MDE list is all about removing people from past trips with whom you have nothing currently planned.

We have been at the parks for the last 9 days so haven't kept up with this thread too closely. Here are our experiences with 3 visits to Studios.
Wed. Feb. 5. Tapped in at 7:30 (8am open) and set up at top of street near Muppet theatre at the GET umbrellas just in case. Got BG 59 at 8:00, DW had trouble getting on. We were both on WIFI with no data plan (Canadian phones and didn't want to spend extra for data). Got called about 3, line stopped within 10 minutes and was down for an hour, then started and we got on ride only to have it stop 3/4 of the way through. Walked us out the back way and gave us a Recovery FP that we were able to delay until Sun. Feb. 6. So we spent about 2 hours in line and did 3/4 of the ride. We did MFSR with an hour wait and again as single riders with 10 minute wait and then FPs the rest of the day. No snacks in line by the way. Impressed with ride so far.
Sun. Feb. 9. Tapped in at 7:30 and did the same set up (didn't want to jinx it) and got BG 28 at 8:00, DW again had trouble getting on. Went straight to the ride about 8:30 and rode it using our Recovery FP from Feb. 5. Walked straight to front of line and were off the ride 30 minutes after scanning our FP. We realized we had done most of the ride on the first aborted attempt and so there wasn't much that we hadn't seen before. We thought there would have been more. We thought the last part of the ride could have been longer. We got called for our BG28 around 10:30 and the line took about half an hour. Enjoyed the ride even though we knew what was going to happen next.
Tue. Feb. 11, same routine, tap in at 7:30 but this time my phone wouldn't connect and DW got through and got us BG 59 so she was happy that the force finally came through for her. We got called around 1 and got in line. After about 10 minutes line stopped, within 5 minutes they came through with chips, cookies, bananas and water. We thought that was a sign the wait would be a long one. The line started moving again before we even finished our chips lol. We were off the ride an hour after checking in. Liked it more, the more we rode. Very impressive but they need to work out the bugs.
Slightly off topic, but we met some great people in the Smugglers Run line (we did the single rider 4 times) but none of them knew anything about how to get BGs. They were all asking us how much extra it cost or where do they line up for a boarding group. I think Disney risks p'ing off people who think they are going to see the new rides and get there only to find they needed to book FPs 2 months ago, or research how to get BGs before they ever get to Florida.
Without this board I never would have known how to get a BG and I've been to DW about 30 times and own at DVC. So thanks to everyone here for their help.
Forgot to add we were staying at OKW and didn't trust the bus. Just drove over (have APs so avoided the $25 daily parking charge--outrageous). left the resort each day around 7:10
Tony and Debbie

Last edited:
I think Disney risks p'ing off people who think they are going to see the new rides and get there only to find they needed to book FPs 2 months ago, or research how to get BGs before they ever get to Florida.
Without this board I never would have known how to get a BG and I've been to DW about 30 times and own at DVC. So thanks to everyone here for their help.
So true. These boards are a life saver. Way too much planning, but I never would have known about any of it without them

So I guess 121 is it for today.

So that means....

120 BGs processed - 61 regular, 59 backups, for an average rate of 10.0 BG per hour. We haven’t been in double digits in 8 days. For now, we have broken the Wednesday curse.

Carry on.
:cheer2: I almost said something earlier today, but was afraid I would jinx it (or get blamed if things suddenly went off the rails - though I don't know how that could happen with a trackless ride). :cheer2:

So I guess 121 is it for today.

So that means....

120 BGs processed - 61 regular, 59 backups, for an average rate of 10.0 BG per hour. We haven’t been in double digits in 8 days. For now, we have broken the Wednesday curse.

Carry on.

I know it’s irrational, but I was starting to get worried about having a Wednesday planned. Felt like it would have been even more irrational to change plans entirely based on that though 😂

I am not mad at all to see a good Wednesday!

I know it’s irrational, but I was starting to get worried about having a Wednesday planned. Felt like it would have been even more irrational to change plans entirely based on that though 😂

I am not mad at all to see a good Wednesday!

I had already decided we would just have to brave MK on a Wednesday and avoid DHS (even though MK would have emh, and I try to avoid the park with emh on any given day). This gives me hope that we can switch our planning back to the way I originally had it! lol

I’m not really worried about the day of the week. I’m more worried about being anywhere near the poster earlier today that said both days they were there everyone around them got a BG in the 90’s. 😂

Kidding, kidding. Ok, back on topic.

Anyone bolting from the Princess 5k or 10k over to DHS next week?

A couple members in our family are not early risers or big Star Wars fans and may elect to bypass the ROTR “lottery”. We are all linked on only one MDE Account. I have read where it is advantageous to unlink anyone not trying to get a boarding pass from the MDE account ahead of park opening to make the process quicker, but if I do, will the others lose their FP+ for later in the day, or will they reappear if I add them back after we get our boarding passes? Anyone with experience with something like this?

A couple members in our family are not early risers or big Star Wars fans and may elect to bypass the ROTR “lottery”. We are all linked on only one MDE Account. I have read where it is advantageous to unlink anyone not trying to get a boarding pass from the MDE account ahead of park opening to make the process quicker, but if I do, will the others lose their FP+ for later in the day, or will they reappear if I add them back after we get our boarding passes? Anyone with experience with something like this?
When we went in December, we went in a group of 8. Only 4 in our group elected to participate in the boarding group hoopla. We didn't unlink anyone and were able to get BG 19. One thing that did help oddly was the little character pictures that pop up next the names helped pick out quickly who was there instead of having to sit there and read the names. I would strongly advise unfriending people on MDE, they likely won't link up right again, unless other people have more luck than I do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter