READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I read your question slightly differently so I just wanted to add on to @yulilin3 's response. When the PP said they were "backup group #70", that's not to say they were the 70th backup group. They got Boarding Group #70 and backups, today, started at like #64. Hope that helps.

Yes, thank you THIS is what I meant. I didn't understand if they were both one in the same, which apparently they are 2 different things.

OK, our time is coming! Our family (DW, DD12, DD8) will be at DW starting tomorrow! We’re staying at Boardwalk Villas and have flexible plans with planning to over to HS 3-4 times in the morning. We are all BIG Star Wars fans and visited Batuu this past October, so we are all really excited to see RotR after having a blast this past fall with everything.
I have been reading this thread every day and we feel we are well prepared, but I keep stressing to my family that we need to keep our expectations in check with all the issues that could pop up. Either way, I’ll post our experiences to help others for future trips.

They don’t start the rope drop crowd moving until 1-2 min after opening, everyone gets their BG and then the lines move. We were toward the front but not super close, and we waited about 20 min for SDD after getting a BG.
Thanks! Glad I won't have to walk while trying to get a BG!

OK, our time is coming! Our family (DW, DD12, DD8) will be at DW starting tomorrow! We’re staying at Boardwalk Villas and have flexible plans with planning to over to HS 3-4 times in the morning. We are all BIG Star Wars fans and visited Batuu this past October, so we are all really excited to see RotR after having a blast this past fall with everything.
I have been reading this thread every day and we feel we are well prepared, but I keep stressing to my family that we need to keep our expectations in check with all the issues that could pop up. Either way, I’ll post our experiences to help others for future trips.
My best advice is to have multiple devices going. If the kids have phones or tablets let them bring them and make sure they are trained in getting BG’s

The Chart has been updated with today's performance on Post #2 - https://www.disboards.com/threads/r...ad-post-1-2-no-spoilers.3782822/post-61352143

106 total Boarding Groups were called - 61 Regular, 45 Backup

They flew through Regulars at a massive per hour rate then hit a few snags during afternoon operations which brought down the BG per hour rate - 8.8 today vs 9.8 yesterday. Still a decent performance relatively speaking.

Rejoining the fun sooner than I had expected. Sneaking down for (hopefully) our 3rd time on RoTR this weekend :). Trying for Sunday & if it doesn’t pan out on Monday as a back up

Experienced with crowds on President’s Day & Daytona race weekends. Do have concerns tossing Valentine’s Day into the mix is going to be off the chart.

Going to stick to the script: drive, arrive to bag check by 6:15 am (although i’m Not bringing a bag this time, won’t stress if not there till 6:30 am) & then just hope for the bestest :)

This seems like common sense, but I’d like to see if anyone did this. Can anyone confirm you are able to enter the park before opening and leave immediately and still try to get the Boarding Pass at 8 am?

We have FoP FP early in AM and don’t want to risk losing it.

This seems like common sense, but I’d like to see if anyone did this. Can anyone confirm you are able to enter the park before opening and leave immediately and still try to get the Boarding Pass at 8 am?

Yes you can.

Yes you can do that, I haven’t but there have been many reports of others doing it successfully.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter