READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Congratulations Guys! Enjoy your experience!
May I ask - where were you each standing in the park? Im wondering where the best/fastest service spots are located since it sounds like cellular is the better way to go - Im assuming you each had wifi off, correct? Thanks!

I'm not there today but wanted to offer my experience from last week. Last Sunday, we were in the mob of people headed to MFSR. Group 6. Thursday, we were in the mob of people headed to TSL. Group 4. For us, it didn't seem to matter where we were.

I just hope it stops going down. I think no matter the method, it remains a pain in the butt until it's not down so often.

The early arrivals wouldn't be so bad if there weren't unsuccessful attempts to actually ride once your BG is called, or if there wasn't such a huge range of time a certain BG # is called and you could somewhat figure out your day once you received your number. It's not the BG system, it's the ride. Having a 9:00-10:00 AM FP+ and not successfully riding until later that afternoon because it was late to come up, and then it went down during your first attempt to ride is only marginally less annoying than our current method, IMO.
Yeah, I hear you...but for those of us who couldn't get a BG on their phones, it was just too long of a process, getting up too early and waiting for the clock to hit 7 a.m. then to wait in another line to get a CM to get you a BG. And yes, the ride breaking down throws everything off for sure. Maybe I'll wait two years to go back and try again. Right now I've decided the ride isn't worth going through this process to ride. But that's just me.

Its not my turn to try until March 24th. I will be solo, so it will be all on me. Wouldn’t be the end of the world if it doesn’t work out but I personally would have chosen a different park with different FPs for the day if I wasn’t going to try.
My question is, is there that much of a difference if I try to go bagless or not? I only have me to worry about getting up early and arriving on time. I was going to purchase a lanyard for my phone with a credit card slot or 2, not thinking I need much else but if I am there for most of the day I might need my battery backup and it being March, probably will have a jacket. I am doing DAH at MK the night before but can sleep during my meetings later in the week. Just thinking what would be best as far as lines for security.
Been practicing at home when I can but really scared at the crowds they are predicting while I am there. Never have been to DW at CL over a 5. They are predicting 10!!

Its not my turn to try until March 24th. I will be solo, so it will be all on me. Wouldn’t be the end of the world if it doesn’t work out but I personally would have chosen a different park with different FPs for the day if I wasn’t going to try.
My question is, is there that much of a difference if I try to go bagless or not? I only have me to worry about getting up early and arriving on time. I was going to purchase a lanyard for my phone with a credit card slot or 2, not thinking I need much else but if I am there for most of the day I might need my battery backup and it being March, probably will have a jacket. I am doing DAH at MK the night before but can sleep during my meetings later in the week. Just thinking what would be best as far as lines for security.
Been practicing at home when I can but really scared at the crowds they are predicting while I am there. Never have been to DW at CL over a 5. They are predicting 10!!
Depedning on the time you arrive you will find 0-15 min bag check wait. If you need a bag, take it, just give yourself a bit extra time

Hey Daffodilmom, We had the same concerns as you. I am a photographer and wanted to take my cameras but didn't want a bag check to decrease my family's chance of riding.

We got a Lyft from All Star Movies and got to DHS at 5:30. There was a line from each turnstyle but not too bad.

We had no problem getting through bag check and being up in the park near Star Tours at 7am when boarding passes started registration. We were 68 and rode later that morning.

I wish you the best!

Bag check is only a problem if you are running late. If you are there at least half an hour before park open, just pick the shortest line and you should be fine. But if you are nervous get there earlier.

6:55-Walked from Boardwalk
7:25-arrived
7:30-through security
7:40-into park
7:55-finished Jedi sign ups- all times available
8:00- my wife, who has no idea what she’s doing grabbed BG5

currently in line for ToT and group has been called. Have 2 hour window.
UPDATE:

ToT had issues and we missed our RnR coaster fastpass. Went to guest services and explained what happened. CM hooked us up with FP for any ride!
Rise seems to be running well today. We rode it and I’ll have to say I was blown away. My DW that has never seen any SW movies was highly impressed.
I’d like to thank everyone for the info on this board. Made securing a BG all the more possible. May the force be with you.

UPDATE:

ToT had issues and we missed our RnR coaster fastpass. Went to guest services and explained what happened. CM hooked us up with FP for any ride!
Rise seems to be running well today. We rode it and I’ll have to say I was blown away. My DW that has never seen any SW movies was highly impressed.
I’d like to thank everyone for the info on this board. Made securing a BG all the more possible. May the force be with you.
What are you using the any FP on? Lol. I'd ride RotR again if it were me, lol

My question is, is there that much of a difference if I try to go bagless or not?
As others have said, as long as you are there early enough to get through bag check and into the park before park opening, then you will be fine. We haven't seen long bag check lines in our three visits, but then we arrived 45 minutes or more before park opening each time. In fact, there were lines with no one in it every time. :)

If it helps, here’s our report from today.

Using iPhone 11. Got on a website with a world clock that goes to the seconds. At 7:59:50, relaunched app and got boarding group 15.

Got in queue at 8:45 and off at 9:20.

So much fun, thanks to all who post helpful tips.

Arrived at the park today at 7:05 and got thru the tapstiles by 7:20.

Walked over to galaxys edge for rope drop. Boarding passes were available for 8 am. DH managed to snag group 57 whereas my phone never loaded the red button .

My boarding group got called at 11:55 with a 2 hour return period.

Arrived at the park today at 7:05 and got thru the tapstiles by 7:20.

Walked over to galaxys edge for rope drop. Boarding passes were available for 8 am. DH managed to snag group 57 whereas my phone never loaded the red button .

My boarding group got called at 11:55 with a 2 hour return period.

We were just evacuated and given fastpasses, told to keep an eye out on my disney experience

Question which I am sure is answered in the 458 pages earlier but I skimmed quickly and must have missed it.

Can everyone use the same login on the app? Or does everyone need their own unique accounts?
For clarity: My family of 5 would have 5 phones. Can we all login as "ME" and click through to get a BG? If that happens would we get kicked out of the ones that got in first and only get the last person's or would it just know we already were in a BG and not change anything?

Hope I explained that right.

Question which I am sure is answered in the 458 pages earlier but I skimmed quickly and must have missed it.

Can everyone use the same login on the app? Or does everyone need their own unique accounts?
For clarity: My family of 5 would have 5 phones. Can we all login as "ME" and click through to get a BG? If that happens would we get kicked out of the ones that got in first and only get the last person's or would it just know we already were in a BG and not change anything?

Everyone can use the same login on the app. No negative technological consequences have been reported doing as such.

No

No need to read all the pages, this along with other questions are answered on post 1

Hi all,

I have been reading up on these posts, we have our DHS day on Sunday, March 8th. Getting a boarding group for RoTR is a priority. We also want to rope drop SDD at park opening since we did not get a FP for it. I know we need to be towards the front of the crowd going into Toy Story Land at park opening. My question is... as people are joining boarding groups for RoTR at park opening, are they also walking towards the attraction they are trying to rope drop? Or does everyone kind of stop where they are, attempt to join a boarding group, and then continue on?? The last thing I want to do is get in line and SDD is already be a 120 minute wait.

Thanks for any insight. :-)

Hi all,

I have been reading up on these posts, we have our DHS day on Sunday, March 8th. Getting a boarding group for RoTR is a priority. We also want to rope drop SDD at park opening since we did not get a FP for it. I know we need to be towards the front of the crowd going into Toy Story Land at park opening. My question is... as people are joining boarding groups for RoTR at park opening, are they also walking towards the attraction they are trying to rope drop? Or does everyone kind of stop where they are, attempt to join a boarding group, and then continue on?? The last thing I want to do is get in line and SDD is already be a 120 minute wait.

Thanks for any insight. :-)
They don’t start the rope drop crowd moving until 1-2 min after opening, everyone gets their BG and then the lines move. We were toward the front but not super close, and we waited about 20 min for SDD after getting a BG.

Everyone is held back at the area they want to rope drop. The cast members wait a couple minutes before they let the rope drop lines move. This lets folks get a BG before the crowd moves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter