READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
they have some recovery guests from yesterdays awful performance, also the ride may have had a bad night during the maintenance. Backup BG start at 71. That number indicates they are not confident in the performance today
Did people in line when it broke down yesterday and they just closed it for the day get ME FPs for today? They were all Backups.

Only 1 in our party was in the park this morning and he got boarding group 88. We thought you could add the 2 other members in our party to the pass, but a CM outside Guest Relations said we all had to be in the park. Is there any way we could be added?

Did people in line when it broke down yesterday and they just closed it for the day get ME FPs for today? They were all Backups.
I was actually there last night and stayed in the Resistance camp for a while and saw when they closed the queue and CM with ipdas started talking to people waiting and giving them fp. I also someone here reported having a fp for today
Only 1 in our party was in the park this morning and he got boarding group 88. We thought you could add the 2 other members in our party to the pass, but a CM outside Guest Relations said we all had to be in the park. Is there any way we could be added?
Everyone that wants to join has to be in the park at opening to do so

I am not at WDW :sad1: but I have friends who are. I had explained the whole process to them but honestly I was worried they would not fully understand the importance of timing it right. So I logged into their account from home this morning too, launched the app at 6:59:50, hit show more and the join boarding group was red. Got them group 6! I will live vicariously through them until I can make it down myself.

I was just thinking about writing the same thing this morning based upon my observation from the last 2 weeks. I think regular boarding closes at 701 and from there it is backups.

I am not at WDW :sad1: but I have friends who are. I had explained the whole process to them but honestly I was worried they would not fully understand the importance of timing it right. So I logged into their account from home this morning too, launched the app at 6:59:50, hit show more and the join boarding group was red. Got them group 6! I will live vicariously through them until I can make it down myself.

You are a good friend! 😁

Been lurking this thread for a while for advice- today was our day! Party of 3 left CBR at 6:05 via bus, arrived by 6:15. Tapped in by about 6:30, went to Anaheim produce to get coffee where there was no line (hot tip). Sat in the area there, opened app 5 seconds before, BG 13! Now just hoping the ride comes up soon and has an ok day.

Wow, feels like they owe you a Ronto Wrap or something

We were in the park and on the Star Wars side, close to the frozen sing along. I logged into the app at 6:58, started refreshing at 6:59 and change.
I’m on Verizon, Had turned off WiFi. The “join now” lit up pretty quick, but it felt like an ETERNITY for my friends and family to pop up.
Ended up with 43 as previously posted. Have AK plans this afternoon so hopefully they move thru groups

Left hotel at 6:00, arrived at 6:20. In the park about 6:30. Right at 7:00 had a major glitch. App said 1 in the group wasn’t in the park.
Had 3 trying and got a backup BG #86. Frustrating when everyone was cheering and I’m cursing silently to myself. Hopeful we get called.

What has everyone observed about what happens to the crowd after 7:01? Does it seem like most people stay at DHS, and where are most headed? Do you see a large crowd leaving shortly after?

When we were there Marathon Weekend it did not seem like that many people were leaving immediately after getting a BG. The standby lines at all rides grew really long very quickly.

For people with trips planned in March and later (as we do) the park opening patterns are inevitably going to change when the Mickey Railroad attraction opens. For one thing, that will add a fourth option for that first destination of the morning, and presumably a fourth holding point before rope drop. Also, the new fast pass tiers now give people the chance to have FPs for 3 major rides to use at DHS compared to just one before (two if you count Star Tours). That gives people more incentive to schedule and use FPs at DHS.

We are using morning FPs at DHS on the first full day of our March trip, and having those helps to reduce my anxiety about getting a super low BG. While everyone seems excited about getting that single digit BG as a form of winning a lottery, since we’re planning to spend at least the whole morning at DHS anyway, it doesn’t matter much if we get BG 5 or BG 50 (or a little higher). Because some ride delays seem to happen every morning, any plan that includes ROTR has to have a lot of flexibility built in. Even people with the first boarding groups of the day have been evacuated from the ride on occasion.

Is it best to only have one member of your party trying for the boarding group or more than one member of your party trying to get a boarding group for all members of your party? TIA

You have to be in the park for someone to get a BG for you. What time did they enter? If it was shortly after 7, you may have a chance by asking a CM.

Interesting now this morning they're giving 2. Maybe to try to spread it out?

Maybe if expecting recovery FP people to come early they are ok to give new return time longer windows

Or maybe they know there might be issues this morning so not to stress the ride?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter