READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nothing. Since you all didn’t have a park reservation, only you will be selected. Once it’s for real, all will be automatically selected. Don’t pause to select all as it slows you down to miss a BG.
I came to ask the same question! I just practiced and got it for just me. I was worried that the rest of my party was not checked.... Thank you for the clarification!

Should I click "Join" on the home screen at 6:59:59 or 7? Today was my 4th practice. I got in during the past two days. But today I clicked probably 0.5 second too early and the "join" button was not on the screen. I used time . gov for the count down and my clock is only off by 0.015 second.

Should I click "Join" on the home screen at 6:59:59 or 7? Today was my 4th practice. I got in during the past two days. But today I clicked probably 0.5 second too early and the "join" button was not on the screen. I used time . gov for the count down and my clock is only off by 0.015 second.
I have always waited until the precise moment that my phone turns to 7. Others have reported pushing the button a fraction of a second early. This is why practicing is so important, to learn your own phone and what works best for you.

Hi, Can multiple family members try for ROTR Boarding Group using the same MDE account or does everyone need their own? TIA!

I've had good luck with waiting for it to just turn to 7:00 when using time.gov. I've gotten the "too early" message when hitting the join button at 6:59:59. By the time it reloaded, it was too late.

I've had good luck with waiting for it to just turn to 7:00 when using time.gov. I've gotten the "too early" message when hitting the join button at 6:59:59. By the time it reloaded, it was too late.
The same for me...either I missed out entirely or I get a REALLY late BG. I personally believe that the best method (from what works for me) is to hit the join button from the main page at 7:00:00. Moreover, make certain to hit the join button prior to 7:00 in order for your phone to process the step. You will find that the first time that you hit join, it will take longer to process than subsequent times when you want to do it for real.

Reading all this advice is so helpful! What app do you recommend for testing wifi strength? We will be staying at Pop Century so trying to see if it would be best to be in the room or somewhere else at the resort? Also has anyone had any luck with securing a boarding group a large party? We will be a party of 8 so I'm nervous we won't be able to get one because of this reason.

Reading all this advice is so helpful! What app do you recommend for testing wifi strength? We will be staying at Pop Century so trying to see if it would be best to be in the room or somewhere else at the resort? Also has anyone had any luck with securing a boarding group a large party? We will be a party of 8 so I'm nervous we won't be able to get one because of this reason.
Any app will work fine. I personally use "Speedtest" for my iPhone XR and it's always served me well. When you do a speed test, don't just focus on the actual speed. You should also analyze the difference in the ping rates (the speed at which your device makes a connection to the server). As to securing a BG for a large party, just make certain that you're all linked and you will be fine.

The party size won’t really matter. Lots of people have had success with large groups. Just make sure everyone appears in your friends and family list.

Any app will work fine. I personally use "Speedtest" for my iPhone XR and it's always served me well. When you do a speed test, don't just focus on the actual speed. You should also analyze the difference in the ping rates (the speed at which your device makes a connection to the server). As to securing a BG for a large party, just make certain that you're all linked and you will be fine.
Thank you!! That helps a lot and we are all linked up so that makes me feel better!

I have diligently read tips and info on here for three months, my husband and I have practiced a few times a week for the past 3 months, I’ve run through instructions and info with my teen son for the past 3 months and for 3 months my 19 year old daughter has said there’s no way she’s waking up for 7am to get a Star Wars ride and wanted to know nothing about the process (she doesn’t dislike Star Wars but it isn’t anything exciting to her). So, this morning the three of us (me, dh, ds) set an alarm, tested our speeds, pulled up gov time, and got ready. At 6:58 my daughter groggily says “You all are so noisy I guess I might as well try too. Where do I go and what do I push?” Guess who got it? Yup, Daughter got boarding group 19. She didn’t even know she got it - we all got errors but then I refreshed and saw it. She said, “ I just pushed join buttons until the done button came up.” Glad we got it, but annoyed it was her that achieved it! 😊

I have diligently read tips and info on here for three months, my husband and I have practiced a few times a week for the past 3 months, I’ve run through instructions and info with my teen son for the past 3 months and for 3 months my 19 year old daughter has said there’s no way she’s waking up for 7am to get a Star Wars ride and wanted to know nothing about the process (she doesn’t dislike Star Wars but it isn’t anything exciting to her). So, this morning the three of us (me, dh, ds) set an alarm, tested our speeds, pulled up gov time, and got ready. At 6:58 my daughter groggily says “You all are so noisy I guess I might as well try too. Where do I go and what do I push?” Guess who got it? Yup, Daughter got boarding group 19. She didn’t even know she got it - we all got errors but then I refreshed and saw it. She said, “ I just pushed join buttons until the done button came up.” Glad we got it, but annoyed it was her that achieved it! 😊
Kids these days... Pffffft.
🙄

Boarding group 54 today my 1st time trying. Iphone XS. And i used resort Wifi. I was surprised i got one as i sneezed and looked at my phone after the sneeze and it had turned 7. I want to thank everyone on these boards for the training i received . Thanks everyone!

I search the whole 968 pages of the thread but didn't find an answer.. so here goes my question:

Do I NEED to have a valid park pass for the DHS to get a BG or have a park pass for other parks but have a park hopper pass so I can go after 2 pm if my boarding time is very late??

I search the whole 968 pages of the thread but didn't find an answer.. so here goes my question:

Do I NEED to have a valid park pass for the DHS to get a BG or have a park pass for other parks but have a park hopper pass so I can go after 2 pm if my boarding time is very late??
You need a valid park pass.

It is not possible to ride RotR if you are hopping to DHS. Only those with park reservations for DHS are eligible to get a boarding group.

Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter