READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
So at 7am for the first time I got on the app and tried to join and I couldn't get a boarding pass,

Are they gone in seconds?

What do yo do to get one, can you be on the site ready to hit join or do you wait till 7 then go to the site?

Any help with this will be appreciated.

You can have it up and ready, but you have to refresh at exactly 7am.

I'm going to help my tech-adverse parent get a boarding group. We are connected in MDE, but I won't have a ticket or reservation for that day (I'll in fact be in another state!). Will it skip me and auto-populate them or do I need to log out of my MDE and log in as them?

What do you mean refresh?
I can’t be on the site ready to join?

You're asking the right person, because I had to learn everything this week using my husband's smart phone! I had those same questions about refreshing.

First, we got the MyDisneyExperience app. Once we were on the main page of the app, we scrolled down for quite a while until we saw something about the Rise of Resistance virtual queue. We clicked that to get into the page about boarding groups. Then, on my laptop, I pulled up a good clock people recommended on time.gov. We were practicing at 1pm Eastern time. As soon as it hit 1:00:00, I pulled down on the top of the screen on the phone, and it refreshed the page. The text changed from something like, "The next boarding groups will be released at 1pm" to something like "join boarding group." I can't remember what it said, but it's obvious it changed. I then clicked that and clicked "join" and "continue" on the next two pages as fast as I could to practice. Don't even stop to read what all it says. If it says something like "continue," just click it!

On 4/18, I couldn't get one at 7am, but my teen got us one at 1 pm without having practiced first. (We were all trying and she got thru first.). I do think there is a much better shot of getting one at 1pm.

Great Hack - good to have a self-check on where your clock sits.
Thanks for the info. My phone is off by 1.5 seconds. It’s good to know because I want to try to help my niece and great niece get boarding passes during their trip

I found adding a seconds app to my phone really helped also. First time without it I didn't realize my phone was two seconds behind time.gov. once I knew that I was always successful clicking join at 58 seconds.
Would you mind telling me what that app is called? Thank you

Just keep in mind that those groups go out fast..insanely fast. This will be our second time trying to ride coming up in June and I would love love love to be able to get a boarding group but I know that there is a better possibility that we won't. Some people get it every single time, while I am convinced that we won't be able to ride for a while (just our luck). Also, can Disney be done with this boarding group situation....

Thanks for the tips. We're going in a month and I would not have known to have my quick-fingered sons logged into my account on their phones to improve our chances of getting the BG. It's the thing they're most looking forward to, since we haven't yet been to Galaxy's Edge. Crossing my fingers we can get in!

We are staying at the yacht club. i Know we are supposed to avoid Disney wi-fi. I wonder how the reception will be for our service Verizon, Should we get away from the hotel when we try for a boarding group?
You should run a download speed test using both the resort wifi and your Verizon service. That is the only way to know for sure which one is faster. I did the speed test last month and was surprised to find the Disney wifi to be significantly faster that Sprint LTE. But I don't think that Disney wifi will always be fastest. It is best to check it out first. :)
We snagged a Beaches and Cream Lunch reservation on the same day as our HS day. Seems like this is doable with the two hour window unless our boarding group gets called at the exact same time as our dining reservation then it could be tight. What do y'all think?
If you don't mind walking to and from the YC from HS, then it should work out for you. The walk is about 20 minutes. If a boat is waiting for you then the boat will take just about as long as walking - if it is there and about ready to leave. :) But if you have to depend on the boat only, then it could take as long as 30 minutes or more for the boat ride.
Beaches and Cream should take less than an hour.
I know this is probably a weird question but are there any general ETAs for what time certain boarding groups will be allowed to line up?
There will be an estimated return time on your boarding group notice. We found it to be very accurate for our BG. We received BG 37 and the actual return time turned out to be within 15 minutes of the estimated time. Our group was called around 11 am but return times will vary if the ride breaks down.

I came to the park anyway without ROR and cast member showed me how to do it next time

I would’ve never figured that out

I'm going to help my tech-adverse parent get a boarding group. We are connected in MDE, but I won't have a ticket or reservation for that day (I'll in fact be in another state!). Will it skip me and auto-populate them or do I need to log out of my MDE and log in as them?
Yes it will skip you aka not pre-select you in the list since you don't have an active Disney Park Pass tied to a valid ticket for the day you try for at BG for your family.

On the magic day all guests in your Firends and Family Group that have a Disney Park Pass for HS that day tied to a valid ticket will be pre-selected. Trust us on this and don't stop to look to verify or you will miss the BG window.

You can grab the BG from your linked account or by signing in to their account. It really does not matter. Just double check before they leave that they show in your Friends & Family list under your account and you show in their Friends & Family account. This confirms the accounts are linked properly and ready to go.

You still need to help them understand how to use the app to check on their assigned BG and the timing if you get a low BG for their HS day at 7 AM.

Dave

Just keep in mind that those groups go out fast..insanely fast. This will be our second time trying to ride coming up in June and I would love love love to be able to get a boarding group but I know that there is a better possibility that we won't. Some people get it every single time, while I am convinced that we won't be able to ride for a while (just our luck). Also, can Disney be done with this boarding group situation....
You may be protecting your hopes (I get that) but between the 7 AM and 1 PM drop, there is an extremely high percentage of people that have reported successfully getting a BG.

The best recommendation as is stated her often is practice, practice, practice! I've been practicing almost daily for 6 months and my trip is still almost 4 months away. :)

You may be protecting your hopes (I get that) but between the 7 AM and 1 PM drop, there is an extremely high percentage of people that have reported successfully getting a BG.

The best recommendation as is stated her often is practice, practice, practice! I've been practicing almost daily for 6 months and my trip is still almost 4 months away. :)

True, but from our previous experience we did not get them and we had/have been practicing. The last time we were in HS and trying to get a BG it was down for 5 hours of that day so that definitely did not help. I will try but the way our trips always go, we don't have high hopes. As long as we are at WDW thats good enough, because without a doubt our trips always have glitches.

I logged in with my cousin's mde information when i helped her family get a boarding group this week.

When it comes to practicing, can you also practice at 1PM? What does it look like for you to be "successful" in practicing? I did the 1PM today and it told me that I didn't have a reservation. The "Join" button was there for a few seconds.

When it comes to practicing, can you also practice at 1PM? What does it look like for you to be "successful" in practicing? I did the 1PM today and it told me that I didn't have a reservation. The "Join" button was there for a few seconds.
Yep, that's about all that practicing does. As long as you get a message about not having a reservation or not being in a park, you would have been successful on your reservation day.

Unsuccessful attempts produce a red box saying there was a problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter