READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
One other factor to consider for how long Backups lasted: as the minutes pass, fewer and fewer people are coming in and attempting to get a BG. Either they figure they missed out because of recent history of being gone in a minute or two, or there simply aren't enough people in the park to fill up all the open groups. Remember, the BG-grabbing traffic is much slower at 8:17 than it is at 8:01. Combine that with an increase in BGs issued, along with fewer people desperate for a second or third cancel after previous missed opportunities (from poor ride reliability),and we start to see these types of results.

Testing from home today woke up at 7:35 CST. Tried it and was able to "get" a big. Tried again and got message saying it would be a back up group.

I hate this system and the system hates me. Probably karma, the force, and all that. 🤣

I was solo (DW said no way and I’m an idiot), unassisted from outside the park. BG 96. Data.

For my three attempts my join BG buttons never turn on no matter what I do. A hard close and restart of the app around 40 seconds in is the only way I got anything to work. The clock was still on 8:00 when I got it, but I’m guessing it was nearly 8:01.

Those 30-45 seconds are literally the most helpless/nerve racking moments you’ll ever have in a theme park (when the app isn’t working as expected). Especially when the cheers start ringing out all around.

But alas, I was pushing my luck anyway with a double attempt. Still could ride of course with how things are going. And my fellow park guests would appreciate if I go back and shower anyway.

Anyways, suns out and temps are heading up finally!
If it goes the way it has the last couple of days you’ll be on by cocktail hour. This is the way.

Saturday a big leave day and new people coming in wait until the end of their vacation to do DHS?

I am thinking that, combined with people runing the 10K combined with the cold temperatures combined with several days of good performance (so no return FPs for next day given out) combined with perhaps more confidence in continued good day

Either way, good news for those going today and hope it continues!

8:40 all gone
First bg is 2
loaded at 8:10am
backups start at 63
Also for The Chart, I don’t think we’ve determined when regular BGs ran out but I was still seeing regular groups up until 8:01.

Having said that, I did get the red error pop up at 8:00:30. The error says “Not Admitting New Guests”. This was on the screen where I would have selected my party. I clicked the “x” and was able to keep going and got to the “not so fast” screen. So for those of you trying from home and seeing that all BGs gone in 30 seconds, I’d be curious if it was based on this pop up notification or if it’s from the “Estimated Wait” as “Backup” screen. Because I was able to cycle through a couple more times in what seemed to be regular BGs before hitting backups at 8:01

So 62 BG in 1 minute and then what another 100 backup BGs over the next 39 minutes? That doesn't really make sense does it?

Hitting Find Out More, and expecting the Join Boarding Group to be red at the dot has not worked at all for me, and this is from home on a Wifi with a Samsung S9+ (soon to switch to S20+ when I get there in beginning of April).

I think I will try the My Status and pull down/refresh method, when it is the time and see how it does.

Have practiced many times - sometimes even with the fam too - at home since we are Central time - and not posted
- Practice at home today just me
- Wifi off
- Tmobile two bars from bedroom to simulate less than ideal park data conditions (or I was in bed and lazy - you decide :))
- iphone 6s ( have been debating an 11 upgrade prior to our SB trip next month as well as wanting one for a while anyway)
- current version of app - loads very slow (see old iphone version)
- opened app at 7:45 all working - hard close
- opened app 7:56 - or tried... would not open after 15 seconds of doing nothing but purple castle I hard closed.
- opened app right after that again and it opened slowly adding pics to the main page (as per usual)
- Stayed there no toggling
- Just touched occasionally to keep phone from sleeping
- 8:00:02 hit Find Out More
- Get Boarding Group was red
- Select All - Selected my party - only my fam of 4 is on my F&F list now
- Get Boarding Group
- Not so fast
So that was relatively smooth and successful!

Interesting though was that during my subsequent tries I did not show up in the list of people to select even though it is my MDE account. Only my three family members showed. I know if that happened IRL at HS that I would still just proceed and get the BG for the three who showed and then go find the Umbrella CM people (GETs?) and ask for help though.

Anyone else with older phones opening them earlier than a minute prior and having success in the park? I saw that one guys wife seemed to be two for two doing this. My fear opening just one minute prior with my slow loader will not work as I have tried that for practice and been stuck on purple castle at 8...

why doesn't it make sense? we don't know the number of backup groups

Every day prior to this they were assigning about 130 BGs within 2-3 minutes. Would they really just keep assigning unlimited backup BGs?

Hitting Find Out More, and expecting the Join Boarding Group to be red at the dot has not worked at all for me, and this is from home on a Wifi with a Samsung S9+ (soon to switch to S20+ when I get there in beginning of April).

I think I will try the My Status and pull down/refresh method, when it is the time and see how it does.
I used to have the same problem until I discovered that the clock on my iPhone was just a few seconds ahead of the atomic clock time. Now when I practice from home I count to three once it turns to 8, then hit my status. The join boarding group button has been active every time since I have been trying with a slight delay.

Every day prior to this they were assigning about 130 BGs within 2-3 minutes. Would they really just keep assigning unlimited backup BGs?
not unlimited, but like I've said before, the decision on how many bg is made dependent on ride reliability. If you look at the chart you can see we have gone as far as 222 bg. So the backups are not a fixed number.
The past week has been terrible, operations wise, the last 3 days has seen an increase in reliability, which equals to an increase in bg. Also like otherss have mentioned, the crowds are smaller so the bg lasted longer.
Again if you see the chart we've only had 1 week of bg running out under 5 min, before that they have been open longer, the longest I believe has been 2 hours

why doesn't it make sense? we don't know the number of backup groups
Makes total sense if the crowds are lower.

We do NOT know the number of backup groups, but if the crowds are at least a little lower, then it takes a little bit longer to fill them. If everyone who is trying to get a BG is successful at grabbing one, and if there are still more unclaimed BGs available (with everyone who wants one already having one), it would actually take A LOT longer for late stragglers who assume there aren't any left or people just arriving to actually grab what is left. So the last few Bags could be just sitting there for a while before claimed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter